IGNORED

Shane Duffy

quick update on shane after a realy bad nite for everyone here..... shane lost over 3 pints of blood after the blow he recieved, he is now out of intensive care and with the help of god will make a good recovery!!! trapatoni and moyes where there to make sure he got the best people to do the work needed!! thank to the matter hospital(dublin) for there great work to save shanes life!!

All our thoughts go to Shane and you, his family! It sounds like an extremely unlucky injury and when i read it, i felt awful. I genuinely wish him the best and fastest recovery, and i can't wait to see him in the team again. Hope you're all well!

thanks for all the well wishes....the fact that shane was young fit and healthy helped alot to pull though the operation!! once again thanks to the fai medical staff, and all the surgeon that did a great job!!! re received 20 units of blood, so it really was a life saving operation! hope to see him back in action in the everton blue and green of rep soon, and im sure the everton staff will bring him back the right way to full fitness!! such a pity as he was in great form and loving ever game he played in!!

Edited by markduff

unbelievable this. the doctor said this injury is probably a once in 100 hundred years injury, such a freak accident. hope shane gets well soon and manages to recover enough to fulfill his massive potential. i'm sure everton and fai will do all they can to give him a speedy recovery

clash with a keeper it says apparently...dunno how big the keeper was though :blink: sometimes you feel the exaggerate stuff like this like when they said about sissoko never seeing again and he played a couple weeks later or summat daft...but this sounds unbelievably lucky for him to have kept his life and i'm just glad they irish medical staff did what they did!