IGNORED

Shane Duffy

It was just before Christmas 09 when we had our defensive troubles I think. We also had Lucas Neill, but Duffy did come on at the time for Distin. We're nearly 2 years on now, so he must be close to first team action if Moyes is prepared to give him some experience by loaning him out.

It was at the turn of this year Av - actually December 28th 2010 to be exact, when Moyes played Hibbert as centre half against West Ham (incidentally scoring an own goal) - with only 5 months football time since then is moyes going to consider Duffy?

It was at the turn of this year Av - actually December 28th 2010 to be exact, when Moyes played Hibbert as centre half against West Ham (incidentally scoring an own goal) - with only 5 months football time since then is moyes going to consider Duffy?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1233283/David-Moyes-vows-solve-Evertons-injury-crisis-putting-HIS-teamsheet.html

Why do you think that? I would never rule it out personally. If the right club came in for him and he was sure to be playing competitive first team football, I don't see why not.

Because I don't think he'll get a go here, not til he's well into his 20's anyway, and would he really want to sit in the reserves for all that time? Not if he has ambition.

If he can get some decent loan experience under his belt I dont see why he cant make an impact at Everton.

Man Utd use the loan system really well and you only have to look at the likes of Welbeck & Cleverley (and to some extent Jones who got game time for Blackburn) who have really come on for the experience. It would have been better if he could have gone to a Premiership team, but nethertheless, if he isnt going to start now, then this loan could do wonders for his development.

I think if Rodwell managed to go out on loan and get consistent games, he would come back a much improved player. Unfortunately we havent got the squad to do it.

The last few games we've watched I think he's connected to every free-kick and corner into the box so it's only a matter of time. And you can't forget that he's sometimes deployed as an extra striker towards the end of games. The most recent being the Ireland U21 game away to Turkey where in ten minutes, he'd had more chances than the team had in the entire game. I'd say you'd get decent odds.