IGNORED

Shane Duffy

it might take another couple of years, and a few more loan deals but we could have a real player on our hands here.

we know moyes wont risk a young defender, he never really has, so maybe if shane get a full year or two on loan to keep him playing week in week out it could make a big difference.

your spot on there stev0...... iv been over to scunthorpe at the weekend to watch his last game, and the lads improving everygame, he is reading the game so well now,

id be happy to see him stay with the iron for the full season!!

He starts tonight for the rep of irelands under 21s!!jump%20for%20joy.gif

Edited by markduff

fishing.gif cant really talk much about that side of things! .....but the club get a dvd of shanes game everyweek!

lets not forget hes only 19... imo he could do the job in the defence for everton now, but this loan deal is doing him nothing but good!!

have patience, shane will be worth waiting for!

I think DM is doing the right thing, he's (Shane's) getting competitive game time and if, like you say Mark, that Shanes improving ever-more, I can only see him being the man-mountain at EVerton, that we hope he will be.

I'm pretty sure Shane will be slowly introduced next season. I personally think a full season at Scunthorpe is the best option for his current development and then when Distin can't run anymore (although we can't fault Distins performances of late), SHane will be the new 'messiah', towering above evryone and becoming Evertons new defensive god ;)

I think DM is doing the right thing, he's (Shane's) getting competitive game time and if, like you say Mark, that Shanes improving ever-more, I can only see him being the man-mountain at EVerton, that we hope he will be.

I'm pretty sure Shane will be slowly introduced next season. I personally think a full season at Scunthorpe is the best option for his current development and then when Distin can't run anymore (although we can't fault Distins performances of late), SHane will be the new 'messiah', towering above evryone and becoming Evertons new defensive god wink.png

And then a move to Utd a year after that.shaking fist.png

• 3 weeks later...

Posted the following in another topic a couple of weeks ago but didn't seem to get much interest so didn't bother continuing with it but if people are interested will keep checking the forums and fansites and posting update?.

Thought it might be good to keep an eye on the players out on loan at the moment. Anything anyone has seen, read or heard abut them would be usefull. This is from what i have read on the clubs forums.

Luke Garbutt - On loan at Cheltenham - 2 assists in 2 games and seems to be getting rave reviews from their fans, particularly his pace and crossing ability while being solid at the back.

Jose Baxter - On Loan at Tranmere - 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games aswell as picking up man of the match in 2 games. Playing in the hole just off the striker and playing well by the sounds of things. Fans on the forums talking about his creative influence, Les Parrry talking about changeing the way they play to get him on the ball more, can't be bad.

Shane Duffy - On loan at Scunthorpe - Most fans seem to be very negative about there own teams performances but general consesus seems to be that Shane is playing well and getting better every game. Played 7 games now and sounds like hes having plenty of defending to do so should be great experience.

Joao Silva - On loan at Vitoria Setubal - 2 goals and 4 games sounds good but can find very little else about him.

• 2 weeks later...