IGNORED

Shane Duffy

“The decision for me is that I will have Tony Hibbert fit and available, so do I put him in because of his experience, albeit not being a centre half? So we have got that in our mind as well because the games now are really important games."

That quote pretty much explains why Moyes sticks with the same 'experienced' players. He would rather play an average player out of position because he has more experience than a promising youngster in his natural position.

IMO there isnt even a decision to make.

Edited by Bailey

I can't believe that's even under consideration. Duffy and Heitinga have looked as solid as any centre back pairing we've had this season.

So Moyes has a choice between dropping Neville, who's been doing an average job, and putting Hibbert in the side in his correct position, or dropping Duffy, who's been doing a really good job, and putting Hibbert in the side out of position.

Why? Just why? Unbelievable

I will actually go ape shit if this happens.

My pet hates are players instantly coming back into the side after injury and players playing out of position.

This would be my worst fucking nightmare. It's a good job Goodison will be empty on Friday because I'm likely to lose it big time.

If I manage to get a link to this game and I see 5 or 6 stewards hauling out some maniac in the crowd, I will presume it is you!

Moyes even mentioning that he's considering hibbert is a clear indication that he is now officially an idiot.

Forget what he's done for us, it's what he's doing that concerns me. Totally lost all sense of what is the right thing to do for the team.

A 5ft 8 right back playing against a team that can throw Zamora against you, heitinga is not blessed with great height for a centre half either. Ffs they have hangeland at nudging 6ft 5.

Moyes just go and get your head seen to, you are a total waste of £70k a week.

Edited by Hafnia

Hand on heart am 99% certain any manager in the league would have won more points than Moyes this season with our team, he's finished at the club, and the only solace is he's doing this on purpose so when he fucks off to man u at the end of the season we won't moan. This theory also applies to Arteta being poo last year.

Duffy plays or we RIOT!

If I manage to get a link to this game and I see 5 or 6 stewards hauling out some maniac in the crowd, I will presume it is you!

I reckon the crowd will probably join in with Romey if Duffy is dropped tomorrow for Hibbert, Moyes is going to sign his own death warrant if he does that i can't honestly believe he is even considering it. Edited by theprisoner

Has nobody thought Moyes may just be saying this to keep players on their toes? He's praised Duffy in the interview but tried to calm down the hype about him, hence taking some of the pressure off him. In saying he may go with Hibbert should motivate Duffy to keep the shirt. We'll know for certain tomorrow but I think this is just talk to fire up/ take the focus off Duffy.

Let's not forget Duffy is in the team as we have our 2 most senior centre backs injured - he's played well on all 3 occasions but is not yet undroppable. He should be undroppable with Tony as the only other option but I honestly don't think this will happen.

We will all know tomorrow and I'll be as pissed off as many if Hibbert gets the nod over Duffy but I won't be calling for Moyes' head (or Kenwright's).

http://www.dailymail...y.html?ITO=1490

Moyes is really starting to worry me....

Starting too...even last year I was worried...you could see it creeping in. Rediculous excuses and decisions...time's running out for him i reckon.

If Duffy isn't in the starting 11, genuinely I'm calling him to get out. Fed up. Rediculous. This is exactly what happened to Barkley, and we haven't seen him this year since...hopefully that doesn't happen with SHane.

EVerybody learns from their mistakes DM, you have to trust people that they'll bounce back. Only because you have an inability to learn from mistakes, it doesn't mean you have to punish the rest of the lads...COYB!!!!

Barkley has been injured Ten, i imagine we will see him on the bench at least tonight.

He hasn't been injured all that time, has he? After the game at Blackburn, he's only appeared in 3 league games. On 10 september against Villa, then he had to wait till 29 october to play again (against Manchester United) and then he had to wait another month till 26 november when he played for 3 minutes against Bolton.

Edited by Steve_E

'But the level is going to step up - the more you play, people start to look for more from you. We want to Shane to keep doing things simply, not over-complicating it.

'He will be feeling good about himself and we want him to play that way, but we will have to keep an eye on him closely.'

I think Mr Moyes "over complicating" things is something you have the monopoly on... tell me did Redknapp spout such rubbish when playing an 18 year old Rio Ferdinand? maybe you would prefer the 33 year old mistake prone version to the young rolls royce that he was... deary deary me.

Is Moyes about to shatter Duffy's confidence in the way he did with Rodwell, Barkley (Blackburn sub), Anichebe (right wing) ??? why come out with such negativity?

Why not "Shanes a young lad, he's played with a lot of confidence against one of the better footballing teams in the league, he passed a tough test and is good enough for this level, we just need him to keep his feet on the ground but yes he has stepped up to the plate and is leading by example for one so young"

I think the players he needs to watch closely are the likes of Saha, Neville, and Cahill. Putting abig giant magnifying glass over a player who has stepped up to the plate is wrong IMO - and yes, He has messed with barkleys head.

Edited by Hafnia

calm down hafnia....... rolleyes.gif .

shane has shown what he can do, but moyes is right in a way.... premiership is all about keeping a high standard of performance at all times, when jags and distan come back, shane hopefully will get a loan move to a championship side club........or barca or madrid might snap him up.....lol!

either way i think moyes has the player in his best interests, alot of good days ahead at everton for shane IMO!

enjoy the game tonight!

coyb/mufc @mikeO

Edited by markduff

He hasn't been injured all that time, has he? After the game at Blackburn, he's only appeared in 3 league games. On 10 september against Villa, then he had to wait till 29 october to play again (against Manchester United) and then he had to wait another month till 26 november when he played for 3 minutes against Bolton.

no, but explains a chunk of the time. the rest I cant explain or excuse.

calm down hafnia....... rolleyes.gif .

shane has shown what he can do, but moyes is right in a way.... premiership is all about keeping a high standard of performance at all times, when jags and distan come back, shane hopefully will get a loan move to a championship side club........or barca or madrid might snap him up.....lol!

either way i think moyes has the player in his best interests, alot of good days ahead at everton for shane IMO!

enjoy the game tonight!

coyb/mufc @mikeO

completely agree with you about taking Shane back out of the limelight when the senior centrebacks return to fitness and getting him a loan to a championship club, but I for one will be fuming if Moyes drops him for Hibbert at centreback, what sort of a message does that send out to Shane and the other young players at the club, even if they play well the manager would rather play an average senior player out of position than give them a run in the first team