IGNORED

Shane Duffy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shane scored today again for scunny......... do you think moyes will take him back from his loan, or will he let him stay with scunthorpe fc to the end of the season~? WOULD you want him on the bench for everton these days?

I don't think he would make the bench to be honest. We have 3 big names for the position of 2 places.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think that you can complain about a young lad that wants to play for the club. I'm sick and tired of seeing our players playing badly and not giving a shit so it makes a nice change that Shane has come out and said that he will do all that he can for the club. I woulden't mind sticking someone that has a good understanding of the Premier League in Shane's place on the cheap but I'd much rather see Shane there than spending millions on someone else, I think that with some experiance he could turn into something good.

I'd like nothing more than for Moyes to not spend anything on a defender, or loan one for that matter, and just say to Shane that the spot is his at least until Distin comes back. If Duffy puts in stellar performances then he should keep that spot over Distin even when he's fit.

Well worth sticking with him for first goal/anytime scorer - it will happen.

I'd like nothing more than for Moyes to not spend anything on a defender, or loan one for that matter, and just say to Shane that the spot is his at least until Distin comes back. If Duffy puts in stellar performances then he should keep that spot over Distin even when he's fit.

Could agree more... as long as we have enough cover!

I have long looked forward to Duffy getting his chance in the first team. As someone who places emphasis on building a team from the back I put great store in having good quality and stability at CB - and I honestly think that Shane has a very bright future. I do hope he gets to play in the next couple of games and maybe at least 5 or 6 games before end of the season (at least). Hopefully he then becomes a regular from next season.

With the likes of Gibson, Barkley, Coleman and Vellios too, the future is bright.