IGNORED

Shane Duffy

TOP CLASS today......................... tell me im wrong somebody???????

Very good indeed... I think Blackburn targeted him on set pieces and he dealt with them admirably. We need to build him into that back 4 and make him a first teamer for the next decade (at least).

Very good indeed... I think Blackburn targeted him on set pieces and he dealt with them admirably. We need to build him into that back 4 and make him a first teamer for the next decade (at least).

I woulden't disagree with that, I think because it was Duffy's debut and because he's unknown to the Premier League Kean's men tried to target him in the hope of him making an error. I have to say that he dealt with everything that came his way like a true professional and he has been one of the few positive things to come from Goodison this season. I can't wait to see him back in action again (hopefully Moyes chooses him over Distin based on performances) and we can start to have some serious stability at the back.

...he could have scored his header at the end though shaking fist.png

Let's don't build the lad up ready for a fall!

Any time a young player comes through it's great for the club, but let's not put too much pressure on his young shoulders.We all know Moyes isn't the type of manager who plays young lads when everyones fit, and Shane will be the same.

The signs are good though.What would a goal today have done for his confidence.

Let's not expect too much from him, not yet.

In some respects yo have to say that with Jags and Distin out, thank God Shanes about, otherwise we'd be looking at Nev in the center.

Good luck Shane, keep it up.

alot of everton fans on here didnt seem to see the game today???................ have a look at football first THEN give judgement.

lets get one thing clear here, hes not getting carried away, and is happy to take a back seat if the main center halfs are fit......... but after watching him at scunthorpe and his last few games in the prem, you (everton fans) without doubt have a center half to do a job and more when needed!

MAN OF MATCH! imo

Edited by markduff

alot of everton fans on here didnt seem to see the game today???................ have a look at football first THEN give judgement.

lets get one thing clear here, hes not getting carried away, and is happy to take a back seat if the main center halfs are fit......... but after watching him at scunthorpe and his last few games in the prem, you (everton fans) without doubt have a center half to do a job and more when needed!

MAN OF MATCH! imo

I think most if not all match day posters watch the match, aren't many games you don't get to see nowadays. I think the feedback suggests most agree with motm. 8/10 for me today.

A few of the people on here (myself included) are season ticket holders so we'll get to see the team at Goodison every time that they play there. People that don't have season tickets will almost always follow the game a few seconds behind on internet streams and most of the time when Everton are playing away our members will either travel down with the Blues or watch on streams and discuss what happens in the matchday thread not to mention our ToffeeTalkers buying tickets for the home games.

99% of the opinions about today's game will have been from people who have already seen the game and I think that the comments about Shane's performances are accurate. He played with the qualities of a pro with only one minor error at the end, a 9.5 you could say. He's got a bright future with Everton Football Club and there is no reason why he can't have his sights on the national side in years to come.

Let's don't build the lad up ready for a fall!

Any time a young player comes through it's great for the club, but let's not put too much pressure on his young shoulders.We all know Moyes isn't the type of manager who plays young lads when everyones fit, and Shane will be the same.

The signs are good though.What would a goal today have done for his confidence.

Let's not expect too much from him, not yet.

In some respects yo have to say that with Jags and Distin out, thank God Shanes about, otherwise we'd be looking at Nev in the center.

Good luck Shane, keep it up.

Speak for yourself because I think that is utter bollox

I hope he does keep his place in the team when Jags is fit, i do get a lil excited when i see one of our young lads playing it give me some hope for the future. He had a fantastic game yesterday, i watched it with one of my mates who's a Doncaster Rovers fan and he pointed out Shane saying he looks like a solid centre back, not knowing who he was or his age.

Speak for yourself because I think that is utter bollox

So you think when Jags and Distin are fit Moyes will play Duffylaugh.png ...where the fuck have you been!

Duffy had a good game and looks a good prospect and in some ways, on his showing, should maybe be ahead of Jags in a starting place.

OH!......I forgot, Moyes will drop his favorites and play young lads........Now your talking utter bollox!

Edited by Blue 250

BUT, run the show he did, he's always been a battler, and one of their best players.He's probably the type of player we need at the moment.There would have no complaints from me if he'd come to us instead of Gibson.

I know he did, that's my point. We're that shit that David Dunn ran the show.

So you think when Jags and Distin are fit Moyes will play Duffylaugh.png ...where the fuck have you been!

Duffy had a good game and looks a good prospect and in some ways, on his showing, should maybe be ahead of Jags in a starting place.

OH!......I forgot, Moyes will drop his favorites and play young lads........Now your talking utter bollox!

When did I say that?

I was reffering to your comment about Moyes never playing youngsters as utter bollocks

Moyes plays youngsters when he has to. I'm not even getting into it, ffs he has had occasions this season where putting tolis on, or Barkley was a no brainer, instead he perserveres with Cahill and Saha, or puts ossie on the left.

It's took us to have one fit senior centre half for Duffy to get his chance. it should have come well before this.