IGNORED

Shane Duffy

If Moyes goes ahead with Hibbert at centre back..... I'll be very disappointed.

I'm trying to work out the rationale. City tend to keep it on the ground, so Shane's defensive headers are not as necessary. Would Hibbert be considered quite quick? Quick enough to deal with the likes of Aguero et al

?

Then again, if Everton sit back, you'd think a goal might come from a set piece. In which case, Shane's aerial prowess would be very valuable.

You won't be alone....you'd struggle to find a single fan that thinks this is a good idea I think.

(This could however be a Duffy family bluff....feeling bad about giving too much info they now have to discredit themselveslaugh.png . Hope so)

I'm trying to work out the rationale. City tend to keep it on the ground, so Shane's defensive headers are not as necessary. Would Hibbert be considered quite quick? Quick enough to deal with the likes of Aguero et al

?

Then again, if Everton sit back, you'd think a goal might come from a set piece. In which case, Shane's aerial prowess would be very valuable.

I just nearly spat my jaffa cake out laughing. Big Hibbert fan, but there is no way in the world to justify dropping Shane, nevermind for a 5'8" right back with the same amount of prem experience in that position.

I seriously wish Moyes would stop with this negative bull shit! Always looking at what could possibly go wrong, rather than see the positive impact Shane has had on the club in the last few weeks.

We could play Shane and get fucked 4-0, but this is Man City! We could play Jags and Distin and get fucked 4-0!

time will tell lads........

.not hoping everton get beat, but i hope hibbert has a fcuking stinker, just to hear what moyes has to say! shaking fist.png

Mark, he was over cautious with Rooney, so I would let Shane know and not take it as a knock. Let's face it, it's quite clear to everyone that Barkley is class and even when struggling for numbers we ain't seen him.

Shane's been great and judging by reaction it's not a popular decision...

Mark, he was over cautious with Rooney, so I would let Shane know and not take it as a knock. Let's face it, it's quite clear to everyone that Barkley is class and even when struggling for numbers we ain't seen him.

Shane's been great and judging by reaction it's not a popular decision...

You're not joking there, he was getting 90 minutes for England whilst only getting the last 20 for us

Duffy seems a top young prospect and will have a bright future at our club. Moyes is more qualified than any of us to manage players and pick teams and we've got to tip our hats that he got it spot on tonight. Experience was a huge factor tonight - Duffy would have been targeted. Let's remember Shane has made just 3 Premier League appearances - Hibbert close to 300.

Shane's time will come but for now, well done Tony, well done Moyes and keep up the good work Duffy!

Edited by c1982

Got to be honest, Hibbert and Johnny had Aguero and Dzeko in their back pockets. I feel sorry for Duffy for being left out tonight, but i'm sure he will still be celebrating with his team mates tonight.

A manager has to make decisions, and as we won tonight it was a good one. Shane will be back, and he will play many games for this football club.

As you can tell i've changed my attitude from a few hours ago jump for joy.gif

Got to be honest, Hibbert and Johnny had Aguero and Dzeko in their back pockets. I feel sorry for Duffy for being left out tonight, but i'm sure he will still be celebrating with his team mates tonight.

A manager has to make decisions, and as we won tonight it was a good one. Shane will be back, and he will play many games for this football club.

As you can tell i've changed my attitude from a few hours ago jump%20for%20joy.gif

We're all fickle bastards, aren't we :Dguns.gif

Top lad - noddy/duff should be proud!

No doubt.

Talked to Markduff about this recently.....if you've got an half an hour to kill go back to the start and read this thread through.

Sources in Northern Ireland have informed NSNO that the Everton academy have completed the signing of 16-year old Northern Irish defender Shane Duffy from the Derry based Foyle Harps Youth Football Club.

More than four years covered. It's a classicsmile.png .