IGNORED

Shane Duffy

how was it unjust? Duffy played very well and has certainly done himself no harm, but was dropped for a player with a lot more experience. It was a common sense play in my opinion.

As it sends the message no matter how well you play, you won't force your way into the team.

He has more experience in that position, had a good spell on loan, was lucky for injuries to give him a chance and had earned the opportunity to stick in the team with his performance.

As it sends the message no matter how well you play, you won't force your way into the team.

He has more experience in that position, had a good spell on loan, was lucky for injuries to give him a chance and had earned the opportunity to stick in the team with his performance.

Christ, for being dropped against Citeh?! Over dramatic.... He has more experience in that position - 5 or 10 metres more infield - but Hibbert has years of playing against the best players at a much higher level.

Shane seems to be level headed, im sure he was disappointed but Im sure he would understand that the boss wants his most experienced players in a game like that. What he did was earn an argument to be included more often, not this golden pass to be starter. Heits has been dropped despite a good run of games, Jags the same and Duffy was treated the same.

Ive no doubt we will see more of Duffy this year because he is a developing talent and will be nurtured as such.

Christ, for being dropped against Citeh?! Over dramatic.... He has more experience in that position - 5 or 10 metres more infield - but Hibbert has years of playing against the best players at a much higher level.

Shane seems to be level headed, im sure he was disappointed but Im sure he would understand that the boss wants his most experienced players in a game like that. What he did was earn an argument to be included more often, not this golden pass to be starter. Heits has been dropped despite a good run of games, Jags the same and Duffy was treated the same.

Ive no doubt we will see more of Duffy this year because he is a developing talent and will be nurtured as such.

Heitinga has been dropped playing well for Jags who was playing shite. Then after Jags injury they were rotated at the end of this season, if it was Heitinga who came back for injury he's be parked on the bench. Moyes has favourites, and doesn't play players on how they have performed on the pitch.

You cant say dropping Duffy was the wrong choice so no point in bringing that up. Fact is Hibbert played well and Moyes got it right.

Anyway, we will see. If he gets more game time the trust issue will show, if there is one. In my opinion, theres nothing in it. Moyes wouldnt have brought him back from his loan spell if he didnt think he could do the job.

I brought it up because you had in your previous post, otherwise I wouldn't have. And that's because I've never said it was the wrong choice to put Hibbert in, my point, as I've pointed out, is that it showed a lack of trust despite him having shown he has the tools. Those performances should've earned trust (for any player, not just Duffy), but apparently that's not the way it works.

The fact that Hibbert played well is irrelevant because I'm talking about beforehand, not in retrospect.

hate bullshit statements like that...cos a decision you don't agree with worked it makes it lucky..do me a favour

No, luckily Hibbert played well otherwise the fans would have condemned him for dropping Duffy.

Edited by pete0

I was actually hoping for a heitinga/duffy partnership this season, that would be amazing smile.png

Hopefully Duffy will be become 3rd or 2nd choice this year and Moyes will ease distin out of the pecking order and only as a backup.

Distin is still rightfully ahead of Duffy in the pecking order for me. I'm all for giving youngsters a chance, so I agree with those of you who say Duffy should have kept his place against City based on his earlier performances and the fact that there still wasn't another real centre back fit. But we shouldn't be pushing for them to play ahead of players who are still better players and have been for years. BTW, I like Duffy, but I do think he lacks pace to be a top centre back.

Distin is still rightfully ahead of Duffy in the pecking order for me. I'm all for giving youngsters a chance, so I agree with those of you who say Duffy should have kept his place against City based on his earlier performances and the fact that there still wasn't another real centre back fit. But we shouldn't be pushing for them to play ahead of players who are still better players and have been for years. BTW, I like Duffy, but I do think he lacks pace to be a top centre back.

Davie Wier done well without it. Speed isn't a necessity for a centre half, it just helps them recover after a cock up.

I think Duffy has all the attributes to be a top centre half and on the whole he did very well when he was called upon last season but I thought he looked shakey in the game before City and so I think Moyes got it spot on pulling him out for Hibbo.

surely the fact that Hibbo had a blinder vindicates Moyse's decision anyway?

I really dont think there are any trust issues, I just think Moyes is looking after the lad

I'll try to sugarcoat blunt statements like that from now on wink.png

I wouldn't worry Steve, Romey isn't known for his "sugar-coated" statements biggrin.png

I on the other hand wallow in the sugary goodness!!!

Sugarcoat it for me! Sugarcoat it for me?! Please....

Although cats can be fluffy and adorable they have nothing on loyal protectors like Heitinga.

I love TT :D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think so, we're down to four centre backs now after the sale of Yobo. I think it's just an innocent comment that he hopes to be a regular in the near future.

There is only Duffy, Distin, Heitinga and Jagielka at the club with first team experience (I'm not including Hibbert or Neville).

I had suspected that Heitinga may leave although Steve Round said earlier this week that no one is leaving..

I don't think Shane would be allowed to make comments on other players so I think it's guarenteed that he's going. I'm glad that he is too because he looks like a really good prospect but sadly isn't good enough to get ahead of the likes of Heitinga, Distin and Jagielka in the CB pecking-order. Good luck to him wherever he ends up going (hopefully Championship).