IGNORED

Shane Duffy

I think the answer is from what I have seen Duffy is more than good enough to be trusted at the back. He played 4 games on the trot for us and did very well.

Is he good enough to displace jags and distin? I'm not sure. But I tell you one thing - he should have replaced heitinga after the villa game.

The way we are with some young players leaves us more at risk of another John ruddy situation. Was John ruddy good enough to displace Howard??? Based on what we see now then yes he was.

I think the answer is from what I have seen Duffy is more than good enough to be trusted at the back. He played 4 games on the trot for us and did very well.

Is he good enough to displace jags and distin? I'm not sure. But I tell you one thing - he should have replaced heitinga after the villa game.

The way we are with some young players leaves us more at risk of another John ruddy situation. Was John ruddy good enough to displace Howard??? Based on what we see now then yes he was.

Hardly a benchmark analysis Haf.

Moyes has a decision to make. Does he rescue the career of one of his senior players, or leave him to deteriorate and bring a young inexperienced player in, to further deflate the senior player?

Getting Heitinga playing well again is better for the squad, even if it isn't ideal for Duffy. In management, you have to look at things differently.

To be fair to Duffy, I haven't seen any of our centre halves have 4 good games on the bounce. So as a benchmark I would say he warrants selection when a player is out of form.

To be fair to Duffy he just wants a fair chance, heitinga was busy touting himself around not so long ago, telling press he was the best centre half at the club.

He didn't just sign a new 3 year deal to turn around and look for a new club.... At the end of the day, he's a learning 21 year old, that's in the mix for games against the best in the premiership!

You don't get a new contract under moyes unless you have something, And he has it!

Just a matter of time before he gets his chance in my opinion !

He didn't just sign a new 3 year deal to turn around and look for a new club.... At the end of the day, he's a learning 21 year old, that's in the mix for games against the best in the premiership!

You don't get a new contract under moyes unless you have something, And he has it!

Just a matter of time before he gets his chance in my opinion !

I think that's what some fans forget Mark.

He shouldn't be under the spotlight just because fans are frustrated. His time will come if it is meant to be, but I see no rush, and don't believe much I read in the papers.

Personally it all boils down to a simple question, do you think Duffy is better than Jags or Distin and to a lesser extent Heitinga?

If the answer is no then its the right decision that Duffy isn't in the team

I don't think any of our CB are particularly good, they are all of an average premiership standard, i see no reason why he shouldn't be given more game time. Edited by Simon

Where's all that nonsense gone about bags and Sherlock Holmes from earlier today. I thought Arthur Conan Doyle has signed up or something. I'd like to see Duffy more involved also. Kid's got the whole of his career ahead of him, still only 21, and only want to see him do well. He'll get his chances.

On the training pitch, or any other pitch he gets near, be it in the reserves, or on loan. dont%20know.gif

If Moyes thought he was the best available defender, he would get picked. Obviously Moyes doesn't think that. I'd like to see him get games too, but I'm trying to be realistic and level headed about his chances.

But none of the means in the first para seem to matter... Although neither does minutes on the actual pitch either!

Im not saying that he is the best defender at the club, and im not sure anyone is. Im also being realistic in suggesting that our defenders have been average at best this season and that we have had some perfect opportunities for him to get some game time and not given him that opportunity.

We will see how logical this decision becomes when a potentially premier league class CB rots on the bench, never reaches his potential and gets sold for peanuts when everyone complains about not having any funds in the transfer market.

But none of the means in the first para seem to matter... Although neither does minutes on the actual pitch either!

Im not saying that he is the best defender at the club, and im not sure anyone is. Im also being realistic in suggesting that our defenders have been average at best this season and that we have had some perfect opportunities for him to get some game time and not given him that opportunity.

We will see how logical this decision becomes when a potentially premier league class CB rots on the bench, never reaches his potential and gets sold for peanuts when everyone complains about not having any funds in the transfer market.

Bailey, I agree with most of your points, but it's not me who picks the team (honestly) wink.png

Determined David often has a say too.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikica Jelavic scored 33 in the league last season on FIFA Manager for me. If only...

You're living in fantasy world. I once took Stockport County to the first division title and FA cup runners up on Atlantis League Challenge for an 8-bit computer back in around 1988.

dont%20know.gif

• 1 month later...

Pete0 is the winner of the jersey lads

Pete wasn't top of the league but had the most points of the toffee talk members

Drop me your details mate and il get it sent on to you!

Brilliant Mark! Didn't realise the shirt was just up for grabs to TT memberssmile.png.

Pete0 is just a forum name I believe....his real name is Mike and he lives in Devontongue.png.