IGNORED

Shane Duffy

I remember reading him receiving a bollocking in the press from the Yeovil manager a few weeks back for being crap in a few games.

Never really seen enough of him to have a solid opinion though I'd be interested to see how him and Stones combine.

• 2 months later...

:rofl:

I saw you were the last person to post and thought "bet you he says hes not good enough"

Ha...not sure who is good enough for the bloke?! Thank god he ain't our player recruiter, we'd have no-one!!!

Anyway, 39 games in the rough old Championship. One way or another, he would have learned a lot. Now he can spend time with RM and the squad. RM and the team will decide if he has it or not.

Ha...not sure who is good enough for the bloke?! Thank god he ain't our player recruiter, we'd have no-one!!!

Anyway, 39 games in the rough old Championship. One way or another, he would have learned a lot. Now he can spend time with RM and the squad. RM and the team will decide if he has it or not.

To be honest, I actually agree with Cotto this time but Ive wanted Shane to do well so he should be given a chance to impress. Hes still young after all!

Certainly not writing the lad off yet as there has been very little reason to

When he had to step in before his loan spell he played well considering he was in a similar position to Stones being thrown in, the only thing in my eyes that may go against him is he's a typical solid CB whereas Martinez may want another ball playing defender like Stones for the future but for me he'd make a good foil for him given time.

Either way we need a bigger squad and he's more then good enough for cover IMO

Edited by EFC-Paul

I don't think he'd be too happy as cover. Not him being arrogant or anything like that, but he's had a taste of first team football and I'm sure he'd be willing to take a step down the leagues to establish himself in order to make it at the top.

I don't think he'd be too happy as cover. Not him being arrogant or anything like that, but he's had a taste of first team football and I'm sure he'd be willing to take a step

down the leagues to establish himself in order to make it at the top.

Fully agree but hopefully Martinez can convince and utilize him now we have more games coming maybe give him a chance to prove his worth

From the little we've seen I thought he looked a good solid player definitely worth giving a chance again now he has more experience under his belt

Certainly not writing the lad off yet as there has been very little reason to

When he had to step in before his loan spell he played well considering he was in a similar position to Stones being thrown in, the only thing in my eyes that may go against him is he's a typical solid CB whereas Martinez may want another ball playing defender like Stones for the future but for me he'd make a good foil for him given time.

i wouldn't have classed distin or jags as a ball playin centre half and they've coped ok enough..shane is still young and can develop that side of his game if need be

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What is the deal with Duffy? It seems like Martinez tested him out in preseason but decided that he isn't good enough or doesn't fit the system. He's low down the pecking order, so I wonder if Martinez will look to either sell him or loan him out until his contract expires. What do you guys think? I know it's still August, but it doesn't look like he's close to breaking into the first team, so could this spell the end of his time at Goodison?

What is the deal with Duffy? It seems like Martinez tested him out in preseason but decided that he isn't good enough or doesn't fit the system. He's low down the pecking order, so I wonder if Martinez will look to either sell him or loan him out until his contract expires. What do you guys think? I know it's still August, but it doesn't look like he's close to breaking into the first team, so could this spell the end of his time at Goodison?

If Martinez doesn't fancy him then I hope we sell him for whatever we can get. Don't want to loan him out until his contract runs out.