IGNORED

Shane Duffy

Have a look at sky sports 1, the fa cup is a great game to get some big game experience for young lads.

We can trust moyes - however we also know him too well by now to think that his sub choices are always right... Far from it.

Shane equipped himself tremendously when called upon before. Playing in the first team is great acclimatisation for any young player. Communication, tempo, aggression all very different to reserves.

Meaning cup competitions are games where young players can learn from, I dare say Villas kids learned a lesson last night.

Difference is we were home and dry at the stage where moyes could have played barkley and duffy. Villa started with them.

Cup games are great couldrons that can expose players to the realities of the game - make them realise what an opportunity they have and see the hunger in aging journeymen who would love the opportunity that they have got.

Villa started with them.

Villa have been playing the young lads for the past 2 seasons now - if anything they played less youngsters than they have been last night! Some of the lads look good notably Clark and Weimann also Lowton and Westwood (who they signed in the summer) but these lads are crying out for leaders on the pitch - James Collins and Warnock would have probably improved their defence at least!

We're a completely different case and to be honest I'll trust in what Moyes is doing rather than Lambert. Their time will come and when it does let's hope they stick around for a long time!

Off topic sorry.

But it just reminded me that only twelve months ago there were so many people on here saying it's time for Moyes to go and that Lambert would be a good replacment.

Amazing what twelve months can do.

Lambert's not a bad manager, Aston Villa are awful and he made a bad decision to take over the mess.

I said some time in the recent past that Moyes' time has passed, and he could do no more or take us further etc, and with it, suggested Lambert as a name worthy of consideration, but what the hell has been going on since leaving Norwich I don't know. He's a good manager as the last response put it, but the trouble lies with the club itself it would seem, it was a step back going there from Carrow Road

It was an almost similar scenario with Hodgson from Fulham to the shite, and Rogers from Swansea to the shite once again. They wanted a challenge or to take on a bigger club, but should have stayed where they were and continued their good work.

I said some time in the recent past that Moyes' time has passed, and he could do no more or take us further etc, and with it, suggested Lambert as a name worthy of consideration, but what the hell has been going on since leaving Norwich I don't know. He's a good manager as the last response put it, but the trouble lies with the club itself it would seem, it was a step back going there from Carrow Road

It was an almost similar scenario with Hodgson from Fulham to the shite, and Rogers from Swansea to the shite once again. They wanted a challenge or to take on a bigger club, but should have stayed where they were and continued their good work.

Had you been on the Absynth again when you wrote those things?

The word is 'absinthe' damn it, and what was wrong this time about what was mentioned.

Let me make it clear for people -

A short time ago - we were playing badly - Moyes was under pressure - we weren't getting results - Lambert was at Norwich - doing well - people talked about (again) Moyes should go - I was one of them - Lambert was mentioned - it didn't happen - he moved on to another club - Moyes stayed - Lambert has been poor this time and hasn't duplicated his success of before - he should have remained where he was and continued his good work - they may even have won a trophy of all things - similar to when Walker was in charge even, before he arrived here.

Hodgson was doing very well at Fulham - left to go elsewhere to a bigger or more established club - it didn't work out.

Rogers was doing very well at Swansea - left to go elsewhere to a bigger or more established club - it didn't work out.

End of story

Above all else, this thread is about the Duffy kid. I suggest people concentrate on that

I think a valuable point to be made from your post DK is that the previously good performing managers went and inherited clubs that were going in the wrong direction after some bad buys.

It took moyes years to get us where we are in terms of structure and culture.

Managers can't be brought in to wave a magic wand. Often things get worse before they get better - changing the mindset, ridding the changing room of mood hoovers etc.

For me Rodgers is the biggest con artist in the league. He inherited the work of Sosa and Martinez. Laudrup has further improved on that and retained the culture - enhanced it even.

Look at Norwich - houghton has carried on the great work of Lambert.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree 100% with you Quinn 31!

Thanks. Definitely showing potential, but you never know with young players until they get consistent first team football somewhere. Problem is that we need to get some of our defenders back from injury, and I would imagine that most non-relegation fodder Championship sides are solid at the centerback position.

Moyes said he's nearly ready according to one article. That's a big positive sign in my opinion. Personally, like I said, I feel the one thing he needs is Championship level first team experience.

come on seriously.. hulk hogan could have told you that.

i would have him over johnny for a game to be honest he has been awful lately.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=moyes-backs-shane-duffy-for-everton-s-centre-back-role%26method=full%26objectid=32843329%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

It'll be interesting to see if he looks as good as he did when given a chance last season.

If he succeeds then he could save us a big slice of money.