IGNORED

Shane Duffy

Meanwhile, centre-back Shane Duffy admits he may have to move away from Goodison again in search of regular first-team football in the coming campaign.

The 20-year old, who has had loan spells at Burnley and Scunthorpe United, said: “Obviously my aims are to play regular football for the full season. And hopefully I can break into the first team of Everton. That’s the main goal.

“But if I can’t do that, I’ll go on loan and see if I can do well at a Championship club and you never know what might happen then.

“Last season I really enjoyed my experience at Scunthorpe and felt I learned a lot from it. If I can get experience playing in the Championship that would be great, but I just want to be playing regularly.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/everton-fc/2012/07/05/everton-fc-targeting-hugo-rodallega-after-gary-naismith-joins-club-55578-31327336/

Meanwhile, centre-back Shane Duffy admits he may have to move away from Goodison again in search of regular first-team football in the coming campaign.

The 20-year old, who has had loan spells at Burnley and Scunthorpe United, said: “Obviously my aims are to play regular football for the full season. And hopefully I can break into the first team of Everton. That’s the main goal.

“But if I can’t do that, I’ll go on loan and see if I can do well at a Championship club and you never know what might happen then.

“Last season I really enjoyed my experience at Scunthorpe and felt I learned a lot from it. If I can get experience playing in the Championship that would be great, but I just want to be playing regularly.”

http://www.dailypost...55578-31327336/

Meanwhile...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/8715-shane-duffy/page__st__760&do=findComment&comment=297866

tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't though of that actually, it's probably best that we keep him close to home. Bolton Wanderers is a good shout (and they might need him due to losing players) along with the likes of Wolverhampton and Blackburn. All three teams that have gone down this season are close to home so Shane could ideally move to any of them, I'd ask for a cheeky £10 too as a loan fee which we could put towards the Pienaar swoop!

His dad says that they are having problems with the agent and middlesbrough are in for him, but he says he will not allow it and if he has to he will go in and sort it out smile.png

Seems like a nice guy and hopefully duffy will be with us for many years to come.

That is awesome. I see his old man posts on GOT a lot. He could be a real talent and I hope he stays, a season long loan at perhaps Blackpool could be a good move for him...?

I know nothing, because I wouldn't ask him about club matters in transfer windows!

I cant see distan lasting the pace this season, one more injury and I'd say that's him hanging the boots up!

Why would moyes spend money on another center half when Shane's available, moyes proved last year that he trust Shane, and he sees Him in action every day in training!!

I think he's more than capable of doing the job as good if not better than distan, all be it slightly lacking the pace of distan , but Shane reads the game better plus he's more of a danger in the opponents box!

Any of you that's been watching Shane in game will know what I'm talking about!

Tim Howard has recently said he's gonna be one of the top cb in the prem in years to come! Some praise that from a keeper that's seen it all!

Shanes at the age now where he needs to be playing matches week in week out!

Big big season ahead!

Mark, don't be fooled by the lack of positivity, I can asure you (and many others), we want to Shane to do really well here and I for one, am extrememly excited by his prospects, genuinely I think he looks a top top player.

I only asked whether you knew something about Heits potentially going because if, as you say, Distin won't make it a full season (injuries permitting) i'm seriously hoping for a Shane and Heits partnership :D

Massive praise from Tim that, when you considering he's been behind Ferdinand (in his hey-day).

Is that why he played a right back ahead of him despite him having shown he was capable in previous games?

To be fair Hibbert/Heitinga were very good as a partnership vs City - I'm sure Duffy would understand if the manager thinks more experience would benefit the situation. His time will come and he will get game time - which class youngsters has Moyes had and not given game time? I'll put ruddy into the mix but I'd say he's not as good as Howard so he had to move on really!

Edited by c1982

What has whether Hibbert played well got to do with anything? I was saying it didn't show trust in Duffy like Mark had said.

was commenting that Moyes made the right choice (if youre referring to Hibbert) and doesnt necessary reflect on the trust issue at all.

was commenting that Moyes made the right choice (if youre referring to Hibbert) and doesnt necessary reflect on the trust issue at all.

Of course it reflects on the trust issue. The lad had played very well in the games he was thrown in to, but come the City game he was replaced with a right back. Looooooads of trust there like.

You can't know that he made the right choice. Yes Hibbert did play well but who's to say Duffy wouldn't have played as well as, if not better, seeing as it's his natural position.

Lack. Of. Trust.

Duffy played well enough to deserve the chance to continue at CB. Dropping him for Hibbert was unjust, albeit luckily for Moyes Hibbert had a great game.

how was it unjust? Duffy played very well and has certainly done himself no harm, but was dropped for a player with a lot more experience. It was a common sense play in my opinion.

Of course it reflects on the trust issue. The lad had played very well in the games he was thrown in to, but come the City game he was replaced with a right back. Looooooads of trust there like.

You can't know that he made the right choice. Yes Hibbert did play well but who's to say Duffy wouldn't have played as well as, if not better, seeing as it's his natural position.

Lack. Of. Trust.

Dropped for a game against the top team in EPL. 1 bad game mightve done damage to the lads progress, hes young and developing. Thats not to say that he wouldnt have had a stormer, I just think that Hibbert has the experience to get past having a crap game (hes had experience there too!) and so its more about getting the balance of the squad right.

You cant say dropping Duffy was the wrong choice so no point in bringing that up. Fact is Hibbert played well and Moyes got it right.

Anyway, we will see. If he gets more game time the trust issue will show, if there is one. In my opinion, theres nothing in it. Moyes wouldnt have brought him back from his loan spell if he didnt think he could do the job.