IGNORED

Shane Duffy

I agree, players do need to be eased and loans are vital in doing it (especially at the right level). With our small squad it hasnt been easy.

Young players at any club get over hyped because the fans want to see a supposed 'one of their own' come in and take the club to the next level.

Looking on Wiki Phil Jones (19) has made 54 appearances and I would guess that around 80% of them have been starts (lets say 40). Rodwell (20) has made 83 appearances for us and I again would guess that he has at best started 50% (thats being generous imo) which makes them about the same. Jones started his first team career in 2009 whereas Rodwell was 2007. I think you get my point, especially knowing that Moyes makes his subs in the 89th minute. I would even be tempted to bet that Jones has had more playing time overall.

Duffy has done well since he has come in, and imo has played as good as any CB that has played for us this season. He hasnt been bulletproof and therefore isnt undropable but it isnt right if Distin comes straight back into the team, because he has been making several mistakes again this season. Unfortunately I would again bet that as soon as Distin is match fit, that he will be straight back in the side.

I dont think anyone really wants a team full of kids like the two you have mentioned, but with senior players being extremely disappointing, they should get a chance. Barkley makes one mistake and gets subbed off and dropped. Neville/Cahill/Jags/Distin/Saha etc etc have made several yet stayed on the pitch and invariably started the next game. Thats the problem. Players doing well arent rewarded by starting the next game.

To be fair Rodwell spent most of last season injured or he would certainly have played a lot more games

ive been led to believe hes injured for a few weeks,i dont think he has played since the youth cup away,when he scored and they won against palace,they have since played against Qpr and were beaten 1-0 away a couple of weeks ago.

its said its a knee injury,

Your correct he has been injured but made his comeback for the U18s against Blackburn on Saturday, played 60 minutes apparently

thats a bit harsh, they dont get a good enough chance to show their potential

Out of the players mentioned it's not though is it? harsh against Unsworth maybe, but the likes of Vic, Anichebe is not a football player, im sure at school when they were picking sports, he meant to go for rugby but took a wrong turn and ended up on the football team, Hibbert as well (although he does make the most of what he has) Ossie however inconsistent (if he was consistent i doubt he would be playing for us) i always thought Osman was more skillful than Arteta, Ossie can just drift past people, ball at foot sometimes, that takes REAL skill, you can't teach that, it's a natural control of the ball, his only thing for me is that i think he needs to bulk up a bit, not sure why they have never done that with him.

Has he got a chant yet Duff-man? Anyone hear of anything?

Mark/Nods did the Scunthorpe crowd have one for him?

LOL.........the only chant i heard at the scunny games was .........DUFFY gets us a goal, DUFFY DUFFY gets us a goal!

2 goal in 14 starts, should have maybe had 5-6 goals!

the manager knill often pushed him forward in a last gasp effort to get one!

Out of the players mentioned it's not though is it? harsh against Unsworth maybe, but the likes of Vic, Anichebe is not a football player, im sure at school when they were picking sports, he meant to go for rugby but took a wrong turn and ended up on the football team, Hibbert as well (although he does make the most of what he has) Ossie however inconsistent (if he was consistent i doubt he would be playing for us) i always thought Osman was more skillful than Arteta, Ossie can just drift past people, ball at foot sometimes, that takes REAL skill, you can't teach that, it's a natural control of the ball, his only thing for me is that i think he needs to bulk up a bit, not sure why they have never done that with him.

then i missed something.... We were talkin about Baxter and Barkley right?

I don't think it's the fact that they are young homegrown lads as to why they get grief... Rooney never, Jeffers (pre arsenal never), Ratcliffe, Stevens, Rodwell, Coleman, Vellios the list could go on - there is no exceptions made I believe, it's just that some fans seem to think that it's harsh to criticise home grown talent.

Nyarko, Pembridge, Neville, Saha - they have had some stick that i've never seen our homegrowns get.

I don't think it's the fact that they are young homegrown lads as to why they get grief... Rooney never, Jeffers (pre arsenal never), Ratcliffe, Stevens, Rodwell, Coleman, Vellios the list could go on - there is no exceptions made I believe, it's just that some fans seem to think that it's harsh to criticise home grown talent.

Nyarko, Pembridge, Neville, Saha - they have had some stick that i've never seen our homegrowns get.

Young homegrown talent? aw Haf....unless they work in a UK based tzatziki factory, I don't think the Vellios family are from around Speke way :lol:

Young homegrown talent? aw Haf....unless they work in a UK based tzatziki factory, I don't think the Vellios family are from around Speke way laugh.png

I class Vellios as homegrown bought at 18 - he will have been with us 36 months (I think!) by his 21st birthday = homegrown according to UEFA rules. Coleman is the wrong shout - didn't know he was 23.

But yeah, you get the jist of what I mean

I class Vellios as homegrown bought at 18 - he will have been with us 36 months (I think!) by his 21st birthday = homegrown according to UEFA rules. Coleman is the wrong shout - didn't know he was 23.

But yeah, you get the jist of what I mean

No i don't actually, you're talkin rubbish :D .....lol jokes. Messing. Chill. Don't worry. Let you off.

I really really disagree with that.

Yes Osman and Hibbo do now days, as older players. But the young lads very rarely get it.

Got to disagree with this, they get more respect now than they ever did. Hibbert perpetually got stick since i can remember and only the last season or so people dont see him as a joke player they only joke about his goal threat. Osman got less stick as he was out of position, but still got more than he deserved and divided fans until that Man u game.

Got to disagree with this, they get more respect now than they ever did. Hibbert perpetually got stick since i can remember and only the last season or so people dont see him as a joke player they only joke about his goal threat. Osman got less stick as he was out of position, but still got more than he deserved and divided fans until that Man u game.

Yes but they didnt get stick back when they were teenagers.

I really really disagree with that.

Yes Osman and Hibbo do now days, as older players. But the young lads very rarely get it.

Sorry but its a sad fact of Evertonian life that they do.

I dont know why they do but it has always been the case for as long as I remember. Jonny Ebbrell used to get booed as soon as his name was announced, same as Ratcliffe when he first started out, Stauart Barlow, Michael Branch they have all had it.

Osman and Hibbo in particular have been tergeted by the boo boys for years, its not something that has happened recently

Yes but they didnt get stick back when they were teenagers.

Not as teenagers, they weren't even in the team. But since getting in the first team they were always one of the first to be shot down by the fans. Hibbert had abuse not far off Bramble-esque, and Osman was wildy though of as not good enough for the first team

I think In Hibbo's case far more so then Ossie is that He's been poor for a large part of his career in all honesty.

He has the heart and so on but apart from this season and I'll give him credit He's been one of a few that have been OK so far He's been pretty poor in my book other then that thats the reason he gets it in the neck I don't think it has anything to do with being local what so ever.

The fact can be seen with Pip this season He's been absolute shite this season and it's obviously been noted.

To be fair Rodwell spent most of last season injured or he would certainly have played a lot more games

He still played made 24 appearances in the league so its harldy going to skew the figures by much. I dont know whether Jones picked up any knocks though. Point remains as far as I am concerned wink.png