IGNORED

Wigan. (away)

Bill

If I believed in God I'd be thanking him! Ugly win but it was a ploughed field ffs. Three points and that's good enough for me, the old cliche is about being able to win when you're playing not so well and we've got six points in the last two games like that.

I'm happy. Go vote in the MOTM now people, there's a link in my sig! Good response last week to putting it up straight after the game so it'd be good to keep it going!

Edited by MikeO

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not keen on Valente playing either, Neville should go right back, Baines left back, and Manny in midfield, with Osman, Manny, and Arteta in Mid we might be able to hold on to the ball. I Still think we need players like Arshavin to give us a better chance.

Today we where rubbish, play like that against Chelsea and we stand no chance.

Lets not play like that against Chelsea, we'll get spanked if we do. Also lets not play Carsley in that game either because he was shocking today, gave the ball away at every opportunity. A hindrence rather than a help.

AJ gets my MOTM because he ran himself into the ground for us with pretty much no support for the most part and having to deal with long ball after long ball.

My one gripe with Moyes today was his substitutions. He got bringing on Vaughan absolutely spot on but I felt that Osman or Cahill had to come off because they looked shattered with 20mins to go.

Shite performance. 3 points. 4th place. Job done.

carl:

Useless? He's tried to run the channels and make runs for opportunities but the service has been awful and he has had very little support. You just can't leave the lad alone can you?

I thought, goal aside, AJ was abysmal, in the 2nd half he contributed precisely zero to the cause. He anticipated nothing, couldn't keep hold of the ball in decent positions and consistently gave the ball away, he just isn't very good. If you think he played well and looks a quality player then that's your choice, I thought he looked poor and I doubt Chelsea will be shaking in their boots watching that. Vaughan came on and looked far livelier, won balls in the air, looked dangerous. Hardly anyone played well today, Jags didn't win anything in the air and was outmuscled all day, Valente wasn't great, Cahill anonymous, Neville had the quietest game I've ever seen him have and Osman and Arteta hardly touched the ball. That being said, Osman had some nice touches and Arteta was once again quality on those rare occasions he did get it. Very poor performance, but hopefully we saved the good stuff for Weds.

I thought, goal aside, AJ was abysmal, in the 2nd half he contributed precisely zero to the cause. He anticipated nothing, couldn't keep hold of the ball in decent positions and consistently gave the ball away, he just isn't very good. If you think he played well and looks a quality player then that's your choice, I thought he looked poor and I doubt Chelsea will be shaking in their boots watching that. Vaughan came on and looked far livelier, won balls in the air, looked dangerous. Hardly anyone played well today, Jags didn't win anything in the air and was outmuscled all day, Valente wasn't great, Cahill anonymous, Neville had the quietest game I've ever seen him have and Osman and Arteta hardly touched the ball. That being said, Osman had some nice touches and Arteta was once again quality on those rare occasions he did get it. Very poor performance, but hopefully we saved the good stuff for Weds.

You weren't watching the same game I was then lad - MOTM no doubt. A dire pitch made it hard today - it suited them - big athletic fuckers! - Wednesday will be a totally different game.

I was sat in Wigan executive seats - padded!!! - 12 seats away from Gemma Atkinson (bird from hollyoakes going out with bent.) - I'd sit there again - a few of us up there!!!

POor game but important points. Wehad a lot more of troubles cause the awful pitch. I dont think manny would changed a thing there cause u couldnt dribble or play ball on the ground(except couple of spots on sides where those rugbuyplayers+raint werent raped it). We needed lucy today and we got it pfff. Like i said , tough game there and it certainly was that. Osman did good job and Timmy also played a lot to defensive way. AJ worked really hard and i though DM will change JV to him cause he seemed a bit tired at last 15minutes. Very heavy conditions to player with high workrate as AJ , TC, JL and LO

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/artic...?a=97125&c=

Have a look at the man of the match poll!!!! :lol: guessing blues have been on there!

Thought the game today was poor but the conditions were awful, AJ ran his socks off for the whole game and took his chance well although we could have done with the ball stickin a bit more.

Although the way we were hoofing the ball was frustrating, I prefer that, given the pitch, than underhitting backpasses!! Agree totally that the right decision was not to play fernandes today would not have suited him.

For me MOM would be Joleon as I thought he dealt well with there centreforwards and the goal was a nice addition.

Awful, Awful match.

Dont be too Hard on Areta, Cahill & Ossie.

I Bet their NECKS are fukin Killing them -> from watching the ball sail overhead back n forth in what turned in to a game of aerial ping pong.

Awful pitch & I just find Jagielka 2 be a bit tooo Agricultural 4 mine & the jury's still out.

Titus Bramble must have a stern character...Lesser men have Jumped under moving trains...!!!

Awful, Awful match.

Dont be too Hard on Areta, Cahill & Ossie.

I Bet their NECKS are fukin Killing them -> from watching the ball sail overhead back n forth in what turned in to a game of aerial ping pong.

Awful pitch & I just find Jagielka 2 be a bit tooo Agricultural 4 mine & the jury's still out.

Titus Bramble must have a stern character...Lesser men have Jumped under moving trains...!!!

Don't be silly Titus would miss the train!

Nice thought on the first goal from The Post...

After the initial howl of a rare wasted ball by Mikel Arteta, it was then apparent that the best little Spaniard we know had placed a precision pass to Titus ‘Shambles’ to in-turn put Andy Johnson clean through on goal.

You could tell the first goal had been practised on the training ground all week!

Having read some letters about Jags i thought i'd put my twopennyworth in.

I have to go along with some of the criticism of Jags, i was over the moon when we signed him and i think he is a super athlete, a good tackler, and a good header of a ball, but have recently noticed that His positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

He has made several mistakes in recent games but the own goal on sunday was a typical Schoolboy error, I know he couldnt help it hitting him and going into the net but his positioning was awfull.

He was the last player at the back post, nobody behind him, and marking nobody in front of him what was he doing there. ? he should have been in the thick of it in the 6 yard box not on the back post on his own. That is a good position if you are attacking the other end but not when you are defending a free kick. This was not a good game for him and i've joined the party that think the jury is still out on him.

Just a word on Hibbo critics, 2nd game running he has been against decent wingers, thought Palacios was a handfull and possibly Wigans best player, but Hibbo once again done OK.

Having read some letters about Jags i thought i'd put my twopennyworth in.

I have to go along with some of the criticism of Jags, i was over the moon when we signed him and i think he is a super athlete, a good tackler, and a good header of a ball, but have recently noticed that His positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

He has made several mistakes in recent games but the own goal on sunday was a typical Schoolboy error, I know he couldnt help it hitting him and going into the net but his positioning was awfull.

He was the last player at the back post, nobody behind him, and marking nobody in front of him what was he doing there. ? he should have been in the thick of it in the 6 yard box not on the back post on his own. That is a good position if you are attacking the other end but not when you are defending a free kick. This was not a good game for him and i've joined the party that think the jury is still out on him.

Just a word on Hibbo critics, 2nd game running he has been against decent wingers, thought Palacios was a handfull and possibly Wigans best player, but Hibbo once again done OK.

we dont know what Moyes tells them to do on set pieces, Moyes could have just had him alone at backpost just covering incase sum1 got loose and ran back stick. Most likely he was positioned badly and lost his man, but We dont know what moyes tells them to do in these positions.

Hibbo got Slaughtered everytime that Palacios got the ball, he got past him nearly every time.

Mike0 im pretty glad it wasnt a penalty, Yes Howard mite of saved it, but surely it was ball to hand and it would have meant i got minus points on my TFF team :P

Edited by jacko1990

Yes it was bag positioning, but who are we to critise, we dont know what Moyes tells them to do on set pieces, Moyes could have just had him alone at backpost just covering incase sum1 got loose and ran back stick. Most likely he was positioned badly and lost his man, but We dont know what moyes tells them to do in these positions.

Hibbo got Slaughtered everytime that Palacios got the ball, he got past him nearly every time.

:lol: :lol: who are we to Criticise, that gave me a laugh Jacko. :lol: :lol: