IGNORED

Gosling

His repuatation seems to have ridden on the same wave that Jack Rodwells impact has created. In 1991-1992 when Man Utd won the FA youth cup, a certain John O'Kane (remember him) probably benefitted from the same kind of media attention that the likes of Beckham, Scholes, the Nevilles, Nicky Butt created, he retired in 2004 aged 31 playing for Hyde in the non league. Because Rodwell is rightly rated so highly and Gosling may have seemed to have had a similar amount of playing time with a bit of impact around the same time at similar age, it get's lazy journalists applying similar plaudits for a player who is not fit to lace the others boots. We await the fickle bar codes criticisms...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-manchester-uniteds-class-of-92-1070596.html

"Normally a youth side will yield one first-team player, two if the club is lucky, but of the XI who started for United on May 15 1992, four became England internationals - Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Gary Neville and Nicky Butt - while the two substitutes, Keith Gillespie (now Blackburn) and Robbie Savage (Leicester), have been capped by Northern Ireland and Wales respectively."

As a welshman I thought I would remember Giggsy playing for England but it doesn't spring to mind????? When did that happen?

As a welshman I thought I would remember Giggsy playing for England but it doesn't spring to mind????? When did that happen?

:lol:

Back on Gosling....wonder when the club are going to comment. He's finally been removed from the OS.

Be very interesting to hear Davey's take on it but a deafening silence so far.

:lol:

Back on Gosling....wonder when the club are going to comment. He's finally been removed from the OS.

Be very interesting to hear Davey's take on it but a deafening silence so far.

Only thing I can think of is that there maybe some more legal work to be done. If not I await a strongly worded criticism of a limited player who should be ashamed of his conduct. Fair enough, to go and double your money in view of limited chances to break the first team and set yourself up for life is ok with me, but don't shake hands and go about things in a sly fashion.

If he said to Moyes "Thanks for the offer, but I am in the best position now to get a contract that will set me up with a view to more first team performances, sorry to dissapoint you, I appreciate everything you have done" I think Moyes may have unleashed some anger, but at the same time held respect for him and talked about getting contract written up so we would get comp. Chances are Moyes and the staff have invested a lot of time coaching this player, however, again, massive lessons to be learned here, thankfully its with a player whose career will fade away.

Radio City had a Geordie journalist on today talking to Ian Snodin and Ian St John. He was talking about Goslings first press interview yesterday. Apparantly Gosling was asked on four or five times about his time at Everton and he refused to answer any. The journalist also commented, please don't laugh, that Newcastle have been looking for a fast paced (he may have used the term 'speedy') central midfielder with a range of passing ability with the skill take players on and Gosling fits the bill. Cue hysterical laughter from Snodin and St.John. Obviously this poor journo has been given the same self delusional tablets that Gosling took. :lol:

I love how enthusiastic all the barcodes supporters are about signing him. Once again the statements going round are he's come to a big club and now is his time to shine :lol:

Pity they don't realise they won't see him until at least Christmas most likely and when they do they're gonna be very disappointed.

Dan Gosling was in tears the day Everton left him without a contract and with a major worry over his future.

The England under-21 midfielder has been at the centre of the strangest transfer story of the summer as David Moyes' club failed to make him an offer to stay and opened the door for him to join Newcastle United on a free.

Now Gosling's adviser and friend David Hodgson has lifted the lid on the background to the Goodison kid leaving in a move that needed a Premier League inquiry because it was so unique.

Hodgson, a former Liverpool and Sunderland player, has never seen anything like it in 30 years.

Everton have lost out on a potential 5 million pounds transfer fee but Hodgson believes it was their fault, insisting: "Dan Gosling did not walk out on Everton they chose not to keep him.

"Everton had an obligation to offer him a contract in writing by the third Saturday in May. They could have offered him 1 pound more than his old contract and could have kept him or got a fee for him at a tribunal.

"I rang Dan that day to ask if he had got the letter. It hadn't arrived. He wasn't jumping around the room in delight because he was a free agent. He was broken-hearted, in tears."

Hodgson thinks the knee problem Gosling suffered was the reason Everton let his contract run out.

But Hodgson added: "They probably felt that because Dan's injury was so serious maybe nobody was going to sign him and they were in a position to offer him anything they wanted. But the final diagnosis on May 26 said he could be back playing by January."

From todays People!!

What utter bullshit, straight out of the mouth of a kopite gobshite.

Gosling had a verbal agreement and is on record as saying that he was happy with the terms of his new contract so why is Hodgson

now trying to insult peoples inteligence?

If the little shit had just come out and said Newcastle have offered me more money and will play me in my preffered position then

I would have said fair enough but to try it on with this bollocks just makes it worse. I cant wait to see him and his relegation fodder

side pitch up at Goodison!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Such a shame. After THAT goal never thought he would be anything but the kid that scored THAT goal. His place in folklore secured!

Now he's up there with the likes of Lescott IMO. Greedy dickhead's.

It makes me respect & love Tiny Cahill all the more for having the same set of morals/principals as me. The last of a dying breed!

F-U-C-K Y-O-U 'SUPER' Dan,

F-U-C-K Y-O-U W-A-N-K-E-R Gosling.

That's what i'll be singing come Newcastle game :)

Tbh this thread should be closed. Not an Everton player anymore, and quite frankly the more i read, the more angry i get, so do one!

Pleased to see they've gone to such lengths to give the facts.

The method of leaving makes Rooney and Lescott seem dignified and respectful.

The boy (as well as his agent) is beneath contempt for me. He's going to have a very special welcome when he come back to Goodison (if he ever does). I'd like to be there to add my voice to it.

good to finally see everton saying something about the whole situation.

gosling's agent is a huge twat though, making the claims that he did. if gosling wanted to stay so badly then why did he leave? and its not like we just dumped him on the street as soon as the deadline for offering him a new contract passed. we continued to treat his injury at the club well into june despite him not having signed a new contract. definitely wreaks of an agent turning his client's head just so he can make a few extra quid. shame though, it's a bit like cashing in on a broken toy.

Edited by American Evertonian

Listen, the little prick will be lining up with Danny Guthrie in the middle of the park and watching the ball sail over his head by Sol Campbell. We will be laughing this season this cunt will be going down. He is an average player. Whats the bets he is not represented by his agent this time next year?

Yeah Gosling and his agent have acted like cunts but why, WHY didn't we think to protect our own backs but getting the formal written contratc to him?! 'Gentleman's agreement?' - well sorry, bollox, football isn't a gentleman's sport these days, we might as Moyes always says like to conduct ourselves with a bit of dignity and class that others in the game lack, but when £4 million is at stake, you don't do things on a hyandshake, it makes us look amateurish and quite frankly ridiculous

Yeah Gosling and his agent have acted like cunts but why, WHY didn't we think to protect our own backs but getting the formal written contratc to him?! 'Gentleman's agreement?' - well sorry, bollox, football isn't a gentleman's sport these days, we might as Moyes always says like to conduct ourselves with a bit of dignity and class that others in the game lack, but when £4 million is at stake, you don't do things on a hyandshake, it makes us look amateurish and quite frankly ridiculous

im going with this. And, the article still doesnt say if we actually appealed or not (and if not why not), 4m down the crapper is not something we can really deal with!

True to an extent but if Gosling has been injured and was having check-ups this month on the extent of his injury (and he did) then it makes sense to hold off on offering a big contract before this happens. We could have been told his career was over days after signing him up on a three year deal.

I am really disapointed in Gosling. He should have handled himself so much better, i'm not fussed about him going because we've all seen him play and it's clear that he's not the player that the headlines make him out to be. I'm annoyed in the manner that this has happened. No class and no respect. I had thought that Gosling could have become our John O'Shea. Uninspiring but fairly solid player who somehow pops up with the odd goal against bigger teams. Oh well. He can go and pick up his paychecks in Newcastle and watch the slow decline of his career now. He's made his bed and he has to lie in it now, he's going to be royaly ripped apart when he comes back to Goodison. There will defiantly be tears this time, especially if Johnny H gets anywhere near him on the pitch!

"Dan came to see me and told me that he saw himself as a central midfield player rather than someone who operated in a wide position," he said. "I did not think at that point that he would get into the Everton team as a central midfield player."

Love the understatement, he should have added "...or at any time this side of Armageddon" :lol: .