#41 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,162 posts

Posted 17 Oct 2011 - 11:42

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15334637.stm

heres hoping.... we could do with some good news!

Hope we've put it in writingPosted Image .

#42 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,607 posts

Posted 31 Oct 2011 - 21:58

The Nigerian Football Federation's press officer has just tweeted that Nigeria may be interested in approaching Barkley. They've just convinced Shola Ameobi and Victor Moses that their international career future lies with Nigeria.

#43 Avinalaff

Avinalaff

The Eternal Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,794 posts

Posted 31 Oct 2011 - 22:06

Gnarls Barkley? Posted Image

Posted Image
Cee-Lo

#44 pete0

pete0

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts

Posted 31 Oct 2011 - 22:06

The Nigerian Football Federation's press officer has just tweeted that Nigeria may be interested in approaching Barkley. They've just convinced Shola Ameobi and Victor Moses that their international career future lies with Nigeria.

I was waiting for the punchline. Ambitious, can't blame them for trying.

#45 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 43,883 posts

Posted 01 Nov 2011 - 09:44

They've just convinced Shola Ameobi

That wouldn't have taken much convincing would it?

#46 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 01 Nov 2011 - 11:17

What's Barkley's link to Nigeria by the way?

I noticed on Football Manager it showed he was eligible to play for them but had no idea why?

#47 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 01 Nov 2011 - 12:01

It seems to me that moyes only puts his rock solid favourites down the spine of the team,

I really do scratch my head when people are actually WANTING Barkley on the wing. Never in a million years is the lad a wide player.

I don't necessarily want Barkley on the wing, would rather see him behind the striker to be honest, however based on moyes annoying insistence on only playing his favs centrally we have no other option.

#48 badaids

badaids

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 15 Dec 2011 - 14:24

Anyone else see this from BBC Gossip Column on wednesday? I suppose it's good that he wants to play, and also that he trusts moyes.

'Talented Everton youngster Ross Barkley, 18, has admitted he is frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities at Goodison Park but says he still has faith in manager David Moyes to oversee his development.'

Echo article. http://www.liverpool...00252-29942967/

But how long before he gets fed with being behind lacklustre Cahill, Bily et al when he's arguably performed better than them when he has been given the opportunity.

Article also says he will sign a contract this week. Nice early Xmas pressie for him and the team.

#49 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 15 Dec 2011 - 14:52

The article was in the Evertonian so it's as "Everton friendly" as you are going to get.

Privately i'm sure he's watching with interest/confusion at the lack of creativity we are showing and I am sure he is at the point of tearing his hair out. Hopefully he will be given an opportunity against Norwich. He had a great game by all accounts against palace in the youth cup so we shall see...

#50 Noble Savage

Noble Savage

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 Dec 2011 - 19:44

Wasn't the boy wonder supposed to sign a deal this week ? I haven't seen anything yet on the official site. I'm getting slightly nervous.

#51 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 15 Dec 2011 - 21:54

My guess is they may Do it on the pitch before kick off. Get the crowd going.

#52 Avinalaff

Avinalaff

The Eternal Optimist

• Members
  • 7,794 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 01:12

My guess is they may Do it on the pitch before kick off. Get the crowd going.

Would Barkley be on top? Posted Image

#53 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 43,883 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 13:29

He's signed now.

Great news, hopefully we'll play him now!

#54 Peter H

Peter H

IKEA

• Members
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 13:31

He's signed now.

Brilliant, I just hope he turns out to be at least half the player people are making him out to be. Ive seen flashes of brilliance so far, but not nearly enough to bet my life savings on him becoming a world class player yet.

#55 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 13:33

Four and a half years, hopefully it's signed and not done on a gentelman's oath, we all know how that one turned out for us....

#56 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,162 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 13:33

He's signed now.

Happy days!

http://www.evertonfc...re-barkley-deal

#57 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • 28,958 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 14:32

Posted ImageRoss Barkley

#Buzzing. Signed long term contract today, It's enough to make your heart go...

Edited by Matt, 16 Dec 2011 - 14:33.

#58 Avinalaff

Avinalaff

The Eternal Optimist

• Members
  • 7,794 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 14:34

Well done Davey / Bill.

Good luck Ross.

#59 JamesSmurfy

JamesSmurfy

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 15:40

quality news to come home from a hards days work to! hope he gets a few games under his belt through the busy winter time.

#60 jona 32

jona 32

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 Dec 2011 - 19:32

Yup, good news, Bill's bank manager toasted this news allright!

#61 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 17 Dec 2011 - 12:48

Well it's one excuse less as to why moyes can't play Barkley, and one way of guaranteeing we will get a decent price for a top talent.

Seriously hope it doesn't come to him being sold, can't handle the heartache, buying and selling I can deal with, not everton born bred trained world class talent wearing another shirt.

#62 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 43,883 posts

Posted 17 Dec 2011 - 18:52

Didn't even make the bench today, which I found strange because Rodwell was clearly named on the bench just to make up the numbers because he didn't warm up during half time or at any point during the game.

#63 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 18 Dec 2011 - 12:54

im happy to wait i think going back to his age group will give him plenty of game time,and time to expand on his skills.

#64 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,769 posts

Posted 19 Dec 2011 - 09:16

Relief from my corner, so glad he committed. Ross will be a full starter next year, and it'll be the year he's asked to make the CM position his own. We forget it is still his first year at full squad level, small introductions would do no harm, he'll get more games come the end of the season, guaranteed and hopefully as i say, he'll be the starter we all hope and wish for him to be.

#65 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 19 Dec 2011 - 10:58

I'd like to see him playing somewhere from January, weather it's at Everton or on loan at another club I don't know but he needs to get competetive games. A championship loan would be brilliant for him even if it was like Duffy's and just on a month by month contract meaning we can get him back easily.

I think it would really help his game as reserve games just don't provide the same level of preparation for entering the Premiership.

#66 Bailey

Bailey

Kevin Ratcliffe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 21 Dec 2011 - 13:17

I'd like to see him playing somewhere from January, weather it's at Everton or on loan at another club I don't know but he needs to get competetive games. A championship loan would be brilliant for him even if it was like Duffy's and just on a month by month contract meaning we can get him back easily.

I think it would really help his game as reserve games just don't provide the same level of preparation for entering the Premiership.

While I agree its important for youngsters to be getting games (which I think probably hindered Rodwells development) I think Championship level would be too low for Ross. There are plenty of teams scrapping to get out of the relegation places in the Prem that would surely take him on and he will learn a lot more having to really fight and dig in for every point than he will playing for an average or even decent Champ side. You could even argue that Ross should have a decent shout of starting some of our games given the form of some of them!

One thing that impresses me about SAF is that he always gets his good youngsters away on loan at a decent club for a season. The likes of Welbeck & Cleverly would have learnt so much last season while not being under the spotlight and they both started this season brilliantly before getting injured.

#67 Simon

Simon

I Am The Most Swashbuckling Swashbuckler, imo

• Members
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 21 Dec 2011 - 13:20

While I agree its important for youngsters to be getting games (which I think probably hindered Rodwells development) I think Championship level would be too low for Ross. There are plenty of teams scrapping to get out of the relegation places in the Prem that would surely take him on and he will learn a lot more having to really fight and dig in for every point than he will playing for an average or even decent Champ side. You could even argue that Ross should have a decent shout of starting some of our games given the form of some of them!

One thing that impresses me about SAF is that he always gets his good youngsters away on loan at a decent club for a season. The likes of Welbeck & Cleverly would have learnt so much last season while not being under the spotlight and they both started this season brilliantly before getting injured.

Yeah, us if we are careful lol

#68 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 29 Feb 2012 - 15:04

http://www.liverpool...00252-30430192/

#69 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 29 Feb 2012 - 17:43

ross will be good for us just be patient hes still only 18.

#70 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,462 posts

Posted 06 Mar 2012 - 23:40

http://www.guardian....ley-david-moyes

Cue more anti Moyes/Neville/BK/Cahill/Tea Lady/ Never give youth a chance hysteria!

#71 Dalziel Kane

Dalziel Kane

undecided

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 00:25

Moyes Posted Image
Neville Posted Image
Kenwright Posted Image
Cahill Posted Image
Tea Lady Posted Image
We never give youth a chance Posted Image
Why aren't penny sweets a penny anymore Posted Image

I'm getting hysteric Posted Image

#72 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 06:47

I really don't agree with what He say's at the end regardless of age or what stage of development you are at or even a fully fledged world class player can conceed a penalty, those words will do Ross no good to soley point the finger at him for nearly costing us the game.

How many times have other players done the same thing or similar and cost us points only to play again week in week out!? He can be very contradicting at times....

No anti Moyes sentiment what so ever but the man really does spout some tripe at times and for Me it's a very poor choice of words.

#73 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 08:38

that says he conceded a penalty in his 3rd appearance...he went on to play 2 more games according to that? i thought he got taken out after that penalty and was never ever ever ever seen again?

#74 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,769 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 09:26

that says he conceded a penalty in his 3rd appearance...he went on to play 2 more games according to that? i thought he got taken out after that penalty and was never ever ever ever seen again?

That he wasn't

#75 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 10:24

that's the impression some gave around here...

#76 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 11:45

He played against QPR - was man of ther match, played 76 minutes in the carling cup - then against Blackburn he must have given away 4 goals, missed 3 sitters, spat at the referee and called moyes a nasty name because since that game in August he has appeared for a total of 58 minutes in the league...

I understand the need to protect youngsters - but in my opinion the lad has probably been given far too much food for though - how can he carry the can for an erratic 5 minutes when he sees seasoned pros make worse mistakes and continue to be selected.

In my opinion he slipped of his bike, grazed his hands and Moyesy has locked the bike away

#77 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 12:14

I too felt he should be given more game time but looking at him in the reserve game yesterday I wasn't so sure. He seemed a bit too non fussed, didn't get involved enough in the game and his movement and positioning wasn't all that great.

I think it would really benefit him if we sent him out on loan to the end of the season if possible.

With Osman, Rodwell & coleman all coming back his chances of getting game time are slim and are requirement even to fill out the bench isn't really there. I'm sure plenty of decent clubs would be keen to give him game time and he would be able to settle himself in to competitive football well.

#78 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 18,868 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 14:38

Is he now in a similar state to what Rodwell was? Came into the team, played great - then a little bit of messing around with his confidence has left him a shell of the player he was???

Let's be honest - if it can happen to a world class player like Torres it can happen to a kid - I would have just said, "you are playing every week even if you play bad - you are a great player, now get out there"

#79 gy-blues

gy-blues

Anders Limpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 15:07

Watched Barkley yesterday for the reserves and he was dire!! Looked like he couldn't be arsed to be honest. Think if he was good enough to start at the beginning of the season then he should be good enough to come on as sub since, even if Moyes is sparing him. There have been a fair few games this year when we have totally lacked any flair and he could have been used as an impact sub.
Actually think Moyes was scared by the amount of attention he was getting saw him sold by the end of the season and used the first excuse to pull him out of the limelight.

#80 jona 32

jona 32

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 Mar 2012 - 19:05

Is he now in a similar state to what Rodwell was? Came into the team, played great - then a little bit of messing around with his confidence has left him a shell of the player he was???

Let's be honest - if it can happen to a world class player like Torres it can happen to a kid - I would have just said, "you are playing every week even if you play bad - you are a great player, now get out there"

Ah, the time old question of does he need an arm around the shoulder or a kick up the jacksy! I don't think Moyes has the man management needed to make the correct decision. I don't either btw................Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users