IGNORED

Darron Gibson

like romey mentioned in the match day thread a few of his tackles were excellent and very rugged..not afraid to get stuck in it seems...also like romey i never thought he had that in his locker

good shout like ive already said the stick this kid has had on the forums when he was in talks with us was terrible and imo unwarrented until he plays regular in a team who knows for sure ,i for one will reserve judgement until that time ,he has also come into a team thats not got bags full of confidence at the moment, on the other hand in a lot of the games ive watched we have been on top in a game for 25 mins or so then lose a goal sometimes agianst run of play norwich ,stoke ,etc becuase while we were on top we could not score , if we did find a striker that can score and we start scoring early on instead of chasing the game we will look a different team and maybe the likes of saha and cahill night settle down again (maybe) back to gibson steady debut some great tackles and can pass a ball ,but tired good luck to the lad (he just could be a moysey bargain)

He done better than I expected but I feared the worst. Struggle to see where he's gonna fit in the team once Rodwells fit, would prefer him on the bench as back up for the middle just to keep Neville from getting played there, but can see Moyes playing him right mid

He done better than I expected but I feared the worst. Struggle to see where he's gonna fit in the team once Rodwells fit, would prefer him on the bench as back up for the middle just to keep Neville from getting played there, but can see Moyes playing him right mid

Or Rodders just off the centre forward with Gibson and Felleni behind him.

Foreign man united supporters view of Gibson...

Like I stated earlier, In my opinion a lot of fellow Man Utd supporters just wanted a scapegoat and it was him because he never got a run of games. Nobody really knew how good he is, because he played out of position a lot and couldn't gain confidence when he only played 1 game and then was left out for a month or so...

Maybe he is the 'new' Rodwell !

If he settles in well, maybe we cash in on Rodders.

Gibson can crash a few from distance, can tackle and pass......I havn't seen Rodwell do much more than that to be honest.

Gibson and £20 million for a player yet to prove himself in the prem.It that a Moyes master stroke, or would it be foolish?

This signing has been great the site has a nicer feel again since he played. We all had are moan, then he didn't do to bad, and the sites resumed to normal. I was one of the most critical of him (and guilty of a few bluekipper/GOT like discussions) but he's worth the couple of pennies just to have here back like it used to be :)

Based on what i've seen his ability to pick a pass and shoot is certainly an attribute, I would like maybe to see him show some 'leadership' qualities and be more visible - other than that I do honestly think he could do with shedding a few pounds which will help his mobility.

This signing has been great the site has a nicer feel again since he played. We all had are moan, then he didn't do to bad, and the sites resumed to normal. I was one of the most critical of him (and guilty of a few bluekipper/GOT like discussions) but he's worth the couple of pennies just to have here back like it used to be smile.png

Not sure thats down to signing him to be honest....

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-news/a-breakdown-of-gibsons-transfer-fee/

Interesting - well done for getting him so cheap. Scary the last quote though...

With Diniyar Bilyaletdinov expecting to complete a return to Russia in the coming days, the Blues will have taken in excess of £35m in transfer fees and the sale of Bellefield in just over 12 months.

Pitiful - £35m worth of assets sold, and isn't it showing... get that board out and then we can assess Moyes as a manager of the 4th most successful English club without his financial handcuff excuses.

http://www.sos1878.c...s-transfer-fee/

Interesting - well done for getting him so cheap. Scary the last quote though...

With Diniyar Bilyaletdinov expecting to complete a return to Russia in the coming days, the Blues will have taken in excess of £35m in transfer fees and the sale of Bellefield in just over 12 months.

Pitiful - £35m worth of assets sold, and isn't it showing... get that board out and then we can assess Moyes as a manager of the 4th most successful English club without his financial handcuff excuses.

Great idea but who the f**k is going to take over?

If you or any of the other BU cronies know of a buyer waiting in the wings can you please put us all out of our misery and get them to put a bid in?

Do they need the fans to find a buyer too dunc? Wasn't it the fans who exposed Kirby for the tin pot con that it always was... oh well, happy to help out where that useless bunch of liars fail.

I would happily sit on an interim board - I reckon just with my iphone alone I could have found out that the con artist in the one bedroom flat didn't work for ICI... I would have probably sat down with randy lerner also, maybe I would have been a little more compliant with Amanda Staverley when she was acting on behalf of Sheikh mansoor also. yeah, these sorts of things count for a lot in the 24/7 search....

out of interest how would you have found that out haf?

also if they're pesterin so much for a buyer and what not then surely they could help find one? i mean they seem full of intellectuals in the know

Google? If he was CEO of ICI, he would be on Google surely?

Can do anything with Google!

Do they need the fans to find a buyer too dunc? Wasn't it the fans who exposed Kirby for the tin pot con that it always was... oh well, happy to help out where that useless bunch of liars fail.

I would happily sit on an interim board - I reckon just with my iphone alone I could have found out that the con artist in the one bedroom flat didn't work for ICI... I would have probably sat down with randy lerner also, maybe I would have been a little more compliant with Amanda Staverley when she was acting on behalf of Sheikh mansoor also. yeah, these sorts of things count for a lot in the 24/7 search....

aaah hindsight.....

• 6 months later...

Good read that Steve.

Gibson is a player who I think will grow on many fans. He goes about his business quietly and efficiently. I think he will get better the more he plays as he does seem slightly weighty. He needs to play often - the same as rooney as they are similaer builds and rest does them no good. Great signing. Thanks for finding the £500k Bill.

Good read that Steve.

Gibson is a player who I think will grow on many fans. He goes about his business quietly and efficiently. I think he will get better the more he plays as he does seem slightly weighty. He needs to play often - the same as rooney as they are similaer builds and rest does them no good. Great signing. Thanks for finding the £500k Bill.

can't help yourself can ya ;)

That article is pretty worthless imo.

Firstly he is in the centre of midfield so you would expect him to be up there with the highest passers in the game. Secondly he joined after we had started to play our football again, he was a part of this, but more importantly the signings of Jelavic & Pienaar as well as the introduction of Heitinga at the back were always going to allow us to play more football on the floor so again its no surprise the stats say what they do.

I like Gibson and he is a bargain buy for £500k, but he isnt the reason we have started to play better football. Yes he is a part of it, but so are the other 10 guys he steps onto the pitch with every match. His passing range is good, but he does get sloppy and its normally at times where he isnt under much pressure and he looks to lose concentration. His tackling is good, and one thing that article does show, is how well he can read the game to make as many interceptions as he does. However he frequently fails to track his runner which again shows a lack of concentration.

That article does highlight that Gibson (500k) has performed better than Rodwell (12m) in about every aspect of the game and gets a lot more involved. Rodwell's success in percentages in the ground 50-50's and tackles is slightly better, but Gibson attempts tackles more often, clears more balls and wins possession a lot more often. Rodwell's pass accuracy is 3% higher, but Gibson plays a lot more passes in general, a higher percentage of his passes in the attacking half, actually produces through balls, etc.

That article does highlight that Gibson (500k) has performed better than Rodwell (12m) in about every aspect of the game and gets a lot more involved. Rodwell's success in percentages in the ground 50-50's and tackles is slightly better, but Gibson attempts tackles more often, clears more balls and wins possession a lot more often. Rodwell's pass accuracy is 3% higher, but Gibson plays a lot more passes in general, a higher percentage of his passes in the attacking half, actually produces through balls, etc.

I think when a pass accuracy is 3% different in just 1 season, then the difference is neglectable. If Gibson got 2 or 3 passes better in the season, it'd be the same score. Taking into account that he still needed to adjust to his new team, whereas Rodwell has already been in the squad for a few seasons, then I think Gibson did mighty well with 3% less accuracy.

Edited by Mirallas

But this was at two completely different times in the season where we playing in polar opposites. If they were in the same team, playing at the sime time then I would agree with the points the article makes. However, it isnt & therefore very little comparison can be made.