IGNORED

Darron Gibson

he's useless in midfield..decent right back always has been...

as for gibson bein cahill's replacement i can't see it..more like arteta's i fear..he's not mobile enough to play behind the striker and also doesn't have the scoring habit timmy had/s...can the boy pick a pass? all i know is that everytime i see him he looks like carrick's footballing twin

My first post smile.png

To be honest I'm a Man Utd supporter and Gibbo is my favourite player (don't ask me why... rolleyes.gif )

Like everybody knows he's got and absolutely cracking shot on him, but he is also a good passer and he can do both with either foot.

He is not bad at set pieces, i liked his corners when he played but I'm not to sure about his freekicks because he wasn't allowed to take them.

I think he plays best behind a lone striker. In that position he will score some goals but he will also give a few assists.

If David Moyes sticks with (not like SAF) I'm sure he will add something to your game, he has got at least 10 goals a season in him im the coach trusts in him and plays him regularly.

Krimbo

My first post smile.png

To be honest I'm a Man Utd supporter and Gibbo is my favourite player (don't ask me why... rolleyes.gif )

Like everybody knows he's got and absolutely cracking shot on him, but he is also a good passer and he can do both with either foot.

He is not bad at set pieces, i liked his corners when he played but I'm not to sure about his freekicks because he wasn't allowed to take them.

I think he plays best behind a lone striker. In that position he will score some goals but he will also give a few assists.

If David Moyes sticks with (not like SAF) I'm sure he will add something to your game, he has got at least 10 goals a season in him im the coach trusts in him and plays him regularly.

Krimbo

interesting to know mate, thankyou, will watch and see, most manc fans have said other than his shot, he isn't all that

interesting to know mate, thankyou, will watch and see, most manc fans have said other than his shot, he isn't all that

I think most "fans" just needed a scapegoat and it was mostly him, even if other players weren't better.

By the way, his weaknesses are:

- Not very mobile or quick

- Sometimes he's just like a ghost and disappears throughout the game, but I think that is because he didn't play regularly and lacked confidence.

where abouts in Switzerland mate? Welcome to the board!

Near the German border...

A town called Schaffhausen, maybe you have heard of the Munot or the Rheinfall. smile.png

I think most "fans" just needed a scapegoat and it was mostly him, even if other players weren't better.

- Sometimes he's just like a ghost and disappears throughout the game, but I think that is because he didn't play regularly and lacked confidence.

A town called Schaffhausen, maybe you have heard of the Munot or the Rheinfall. smile.png

ja sicher, ich wohne im Genf (normaliweise, muss fahren fur mein Job) und hab auch im Zurich gearbeitet.

The new Bily??

Afternoon all, another United fan here and first post, be gentle wink.png

Always had a soft spot for Everton (as opposed to the red sc*m) and just wanted to add thoughts of mine on Gibbo.

Sad to see him go really but probably a good deal for all concerned. As far as your team requirements, I'd say the following:

- Is he what you really need right now? Probably not. But a good addition to your squad. I'd say so.

- He never got enough of a run in our team and although he doesn't stand out in what he can do, I think being allowed to get forward more and have a chance to dictate attacks could develop him a lot.

- He does have a good engine, positioning defensively can be improved but he covers well and moves the play well too, good passing range and I think he'd like to get forward and link with a striker to make runs and create space as a result. Darren Fletcher was absolutely slated for two years while Fergie persisted with him and he became pretty indispensable.

- For half a Mil up front you've got a flexible player who can cover across the midfield, make sure Neville can stay in defence, has played in a Champions League Semi and scored against Bayern Munich (where he was playing AM and linked well with Rooney, created a second goal too).

- He's also only 24 so isn't a player on the way down in his career, ready to be coached onwards by your excellent manager who will drag any talent out of him and then some. Hope he goes on to have an excellent time in royal blue -except against us dry.png

Cheers.

Well, this is signing is a bit underwhelming and 'unfashionable', but at £1M it's probably a snip . If someone is on their way out, the injury situation and terrible form of Cahill, Neville, Bily etc... we probably do need another midfielder. I'd much rather we gave Barks a chance, but most of the Man U players we've signed have turned out to be good ones on balance. He's a toffee now - what he needs is get on the pitch and fans behind him. I'm hoping that he'll turn out to do a 'Fletcher' for us.

Anyone know what number he gets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ZKml92PZA

For those that haven't seen it there is a goal he scored against Wales for the Republic of Ireland (above) which is something similar to the goal that Josh mentioned before against Spurs

If he can come up with anything like that at Goodison Park then it's money well spent, one of the things I've been saying all season is that I don't mind it when players take a shot from 30-yards or so and knock it ten feet over the bar, at least they are having a go. I am a strong believer in the term - 'If you don't shoot you won't score' and this term is true to Everton at the moment, we don't shoot enough and therefore we don't win enough.

Hopefully Gibson is the first stepping stone to solving that problem. Edited by Zoo

Interesting he said in his interview that Rooney is an Everton fan rather than was.

I am still an Everton supporter too and I have changed my employers a lot more than Rooney has. He is a professional player and he makes his living from playing football. Playing for Man Utd and giving 100% for his employer is accepted. But it does not alter the fact that he is an Everton fan. I would expect that if he could get the same money and honours and given the choice of who to play for there is only one team he would play for, Everton. But he has his living to make, and for that I can not blame him at all.

By the way, how did he do against Villa? happy.png

Not bad really, of course we are starved of good performances so it is difficult for us to judge, but he was certainly not the worst debutant I have ever see,... (That honour goes to Glenn Keeley)

If Duffy had played like that he would have got player of the season!

Looked steady until he tired in the second half

That was understandable though wasn't it, he has not played regularly for a while and he has yet top train with the team I suspect he ran himself into the ground a bit in order to try and impress on his first game.