IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

• 6 months later...

He's doing a Q&A on Twitter atm. Love the first answer.

Q: would you swop your World Cup Runners up medal for a Premier League title with Everton?

A: when we win the PL title I don’t have to give my Runners up medal away. So no. But winning with Everton is a dream!

Q: do you prefer to play alongside, Jags or Distin?

A: All the defenders of #Everton have great skills, so I don’t care. On the pitch everybody will do everything to win.

Q: Do you have a family who has Indonesian blood?

A: yes my family has. That’s why I still regret that the Indonesia trip with #Everton was cancelled this season.

Q: which person dead or alive would you like to have a night out with?

A: I would like to have a drink with Muhammad Ali. And with my wife @chs_heitinga of course.

Q: do you believe and confident #Everton will go to high position this season?

A: Yes I am, I think we have a strong squad. Of course the top 5 will be difficult. But I think we will do well with#Everton.

Q: what's the greatest goal you have seen in a game your playing in?

A: It wasn’t in a game of #Everton. It was the goal of Giovanni van Bronckhorst in the semi final of the World Cup vs Uruguay

Q: when do you find out if your in the team or not?

A: that depends, but most of the times we just hear that four or three hours before kick off.

Q: Will you come to Fenerbahce for next season,to play with Kuyt?

A: never say never in football and Fenerbahce was really interested. But I am TOTALLY HAPPY at #Everton now.#COYB

Q: Do you think #EFC has the best fans in the world?

A: It is difficult to compare, because I didn’t play for all clubs in de world. But their support is WONDERFUL! Every game again

Q: who's the most skillfull player in training apart from you wink.png

A: It is dangerous to name players. But everybody can see that @fellainiM and @therealstevenpi are doing great

Q: will you leave Everton if you carry on sitting on d bench?

A: as you could see I didn’t sit on the #Everton bench the last 3 games. I will always fight for my chance and stay positive.

Q: What spice do you get on your chicken in Nando's?

A: Spicy sauce!!

Q: what is your best #Everton experience?

A: The day we qualified for the semi final of the FA Cup and the #Everton invasion at #Wembley. Unforgettable!

Q: Do you blame Howard Webb for losing the world cup final?

A: No off course not. In our first emotions we were angry. But I think Spain was too good. And mr. Webb did his job.

Q: what’s your Karaoke song?

A: I think you will not know that. It is ‘Bloed, zweet en tranen’ of André Hazes. The fans of #Ajax sing that every game.

Thank you all for sending your questions! The next Q&A will be in a few weeks! #Everton

Edited by pete0

'When we win the Premier League', I don't think it'll be in some of our lifetimes Mr Heitinga. And why was he under the impression that suppose for arguments sake, we did win the EPL, he would have to give his medal away with the Dutch national side?

The questions became a bit more of a Grand Old Team interrogation towards the end I noticed.

I would have asked questions such as 'who was the greatest Netherlands soccer player you ever saw play' or 'do you prefer Van Gogh or Rembrandt', or 'who did you follow in Holland as a kid'. Maybe they could have been some good questions.

But who was asking the question ? (I don't use Twitter, or don't need to use it, or have time to use it)

I think on one of the above responses, it was meant as a bit of humor, as all players will be aware, they don't take medals away, for winning another medal or title, unless you're some kind of disgraced athelete, and Mr Heitinga is not that it would seem.

In all seriousness, I would have swapped a EPL winners medal with Everton instead of a silver with the Dutch national side (in Heitingas shoes), the Holland players I remember in the 2010 Final with Spain tried to foul their way to victory if I recall, so that wouldn't have been a victory to savor or be proud of, but if it had been a winners medal, and the Dutch team had been as one of the 1970s, it would have meant careful consideration though.

But who was asking the question ? (I don't use Twitter, or don't need to use it, or have time to use it)

I think on one of the above responses, it was meant as a bit of humor, as all players will be aware, they don't take medals away, for winning another medal or title, unless you're some kind of disgraced athelete, and Mr Heitinga is not that it would seem.

In all seriousness, I would have swapped a EPL winners medal with Everton instead of a silver with the Dutch national side (in Heitingas shoes), the Holland players I remember in the 2010 Final with Spain tried to foul their way to victory if I recall, so that wouldn't have been a victory to savor or be proud of, but if it had been a winners medal, and the Dutch team had been as one of the 1970s, it would have meant careful consideration though.

It's just random people asking questions, any one in the world could.

I don't think they meant the physical medal just getting into the WC Final

Because Heitinga answered it, it was aimed at Heitinga, and this is a thread about Heitinga.

Of course, but (as I said) it was a purely hypothetical question (that Heitinga answered as such) and you're discussing it as if it was a serious one.

Absurd.....but in no way surprising.

I thought at first it was a serious minded question, and then it became apparent that it was merely some humor involved, in actual fact, the initial question was serious, the subsequent response less so.

It can be hard to distinguish between serious and humor in all walks of life sometime, it applies to all and anybody. But it's back to Heitinga now on this.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Absolute comedy gold!

• 5 months later...

Not even in Holland's preselection (I don't know the right English term, it's a bigger squad than the final one, a couple of players will still have to leave before the game)

Would be called the provisional squad (in case you're interestedsmile.png ).

Johnny's having a tough time at the mo....I think he'll come through it though, even if it's not with us.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is that job posting The Sun was talking about last week. I found the link on a Dutch site. It said the unnamed Dutch footballer could be moving in the near future. Seems his children are near the ages of those listed.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.indeed.nl/cmp/Nanny-Service-Nederland/jobs/Nanny-Beroemde-Voetbalfamilie-2dc4c5cbc686f674&usg=ALkJrhgP-CCGFeF76qFsVR1Ql0o_5eNY0A

Thought I would post this because of the recent chatter about Joleon returning to The Blues.