IGNORED

Leon Osman

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/columnists/2011/04/16/l-leon-osman-amazingly-remains-a-player-who-still-divides-opinion-amongst-fans-100252-28530041/

Barry Hornes thoughts on Leon Osman and I agree with him 100%

Always been a fan of Leon and it bemuses me as to why he always seems to get so much stick, especially in forums

Osman for me will always be one if the most talented "footballers" we have had in our team for the past 10 years. If he had the athleticism of a Steven gerrard you would be talking about a serious contender.

It's not a pity that he is a little lightweight and slow across the ground as he has made a career as a good premier league player. He has his moments like any player but the talent has always been there. How many players out there can go on either foot like him?

Joe cole stated he was a better talent at youth level - he has probably regained that status in the latter years by the looks of things.

I bet he is one of the first picked for 5 a side put it that way.

• 2 years later...

Completely agree with that.

He was non existent last night, just ghosted alot.

Shame.

agreed. I find it particularly hard to take with him being my favourite player but he needs dropping / resting. Id be giving Lundstrum a chance ahead of him at the moment, and yes, Im well aware of the gamble that presents.

Hahahahahaha lunstrum. All these youngsters sound great on paper. Put them straight into a match on a Saturday afternoon and I bet we get dominated by a mid table side. Then everyone will post another alternative theory, whilst the points slowely drift away...

Never know until you try. You could just keep sticking with what obviously isn't working (Osman), or you could freshen things up a bit with a new face. The risk goes both ways.

Hahahahahaha lunstrum. All these youngsters sound great on paper. Put them straight into a match on a Saturday afternoon and I bet we get dominated by a mid table side. Then everyone will post another alternative theory, whilst the points slowely drift away...

agreed, Lundstrum sounds good in theory. Then you see his England performances and factor in we have bugger all funds. Reasonable shout considering our situation...

Guest blueboy122

Does anyone know what the hell Jack Rodwell is doing these days? No chance he will get anywhere near the City side this year. He has well and truely fucked his career.

Well deserved and the timing is good. For me when you see a player get his testimonial it is a way of saying "you've had your best days here, and thanks very much for your effort and commitment. If you don't mind we will be using you as a much valued squad player now"

It's a bit less harsh than one day finding themselves surplus to requirements with no testimonial. Pay attention Phil Gartside and Bolton.