IGNORED

Leon Osman

If that operator was totally devoted to my company and brought the best out the rest of my workforce by encouraging team spirit and making it a happy place to work I'd keep them for certain, idiotic not to. If they weren't useful on the phone anymore I'd make them a supervisor.

i'm with you on most of this, for what it's worth.

Just because they were good on the phones doesn't mean they would make a good supervisor, I know that first hand but we're getting off track here.

This season should be Osmans last as an Evertom player . He laboured last season he'll be worse this, the season after that would be madness to keep him.

What I meant by make them (him) a supervisor was put him on the coaching staff in some respect.

I think he still has a lot to offer on the pitch this season but a new contract is a moot point; for the moment he has one and at some time next year Roberto will decide if he merits another. If he doesn't then no argument, no playing contract but keep him at the club.

What I meant by make them (him) a supervisor was put him on the coaching staff in some respect.

I think he still has a lot to offer on the pitch this season but a new contract is a moot point; for the moment he has one and at some time next year Roberto will decide if he merits another. If he doesn't then no argument, no playing contract but keep him at the club.

I know what you meant mate, what I meant was just because he's been a half decent player and a model.pro doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a good coach.

I'm not opposed to him getting a coaching role just not a 2 or 3 year deal as a player. It juat makes no sense to me.

Just because they were good on the phones doesn't mean they would make a good supervisor, I know that first hand but we're getting off track here.

This season should be Osmans last as an Evertom player . He laboured last season he'll be worse this, the season after that would be madness to keep him.

Not if used in the right way.

At the start of last year RM seemed intent on playing for full games. Didn't work.

When used a late sub much more effective and still can be.

Please fuck all these shite analogy's off. He is not a phone operator, he is not a cake and he isn't a car . He is however a talented footballer

Can he still make a difference on the pitch? I think the answer is yes so we should keep him

Simples!

Completely agree about Osman.

Totally disagree about car analogies, some of the best posts on here involve Cortinas and Jaguars.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get the negativity surrounding Osman

I agree he shouldn't be starting but he can still come on and have a positive impact on games for us. Its not like he has ever had any pace to lose, he just doesn't look like he has a full 90 minutes in him nowadays

If we're on the back foot the game just passes him by, players stroll past him like he's not there. Admittedly he's ok when we're trying to unlock a defence but last season we were never trying to do that and ss we were countered he was just brushed aside. I recall Huttonfor Villa just walking past him and crashing one either off the post or just wide at Goodison last year. It was shocking

I don't get the negativity surrounding Osman

I agree he shouldn't be starting but he can still come on and have a positive impact on games for us. Its not like he has ever had any pace to lose, he just doesn't look like he has a full 90 minutes in him nowadays

As a squad player he is perfect for us. He can cover a number of positions if needed. He won't rock the boat and he's great for the other players to be around. He's probably not on massive money too.

Valuable to the club in my opinion.

He's earning a pretty penny, looking around. 45-50k depending where you look :o

• 5 months later...

The article makes it seems as though he's not happy to be on the bench, but how can he really expect to be playing more games than he has so far? He can do a job for part of a game, and he's shown he can still do a job (for part of a game) but surely he can't realistically expect to have started more games than he has this season? He still shows some lovely touches and he has a cool head on his shoulders, but he comes over has having a bit of a whinge here.

He's been a good player but he's 35. That's just too old for everyone but the very best players to expect to be playing regularly. I appreciate his service, but he's delusional. He was an absolute non-factor on Wednesday.

He's a good option from the bench. Ross has been given far too many minutes.