IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I have to say that I have an irrational (though maybe rational) hatred of United that stretches further than the outer reaches of the universe and I would rather stab my eyeballs than see them win another trophy this century. Well played, Bayern!

yes, because they were the English team and I've got friends who support them. That's all.

And I can't believe you want them out for that reason, certainly not that reason alone

Yeah I'm sure that would be great consolation to us if we missed out on a £25m jackpot after finishing 4th... Would be lovely to see United win the champions league for your mates.

United were an embarrassment tonight, people can dress it up as much as they want, that was like watching league 2 versus premier league winners. As for Moyes, he's made his bed the arrogant sod, he can lie in it.

Yeah I'm sure that would be great consolation to us if we missed out on a £25m jackpot after finishing 4th... Would be lovely to see United win the champions league for your mates.

United were an embarrassment tonight, people can dress it up as much as they want, that was like watching league 2 versus premier league winners. As for Moyes, he's made his bed the arrogant sod, he can lie in it.

they were never going to win the whole thing.

Moyes tactics were spot o, and were working. They were just beaten by the best team in the world who make most teams look like league 2 teams. But that logic doesn't allow for bitter digs :dry:

they were never going to win the whole thing.

Moyes tactics were spot o, and were working. They were just beaten by the best team in the world who make most teams look like league 2 teams. But that logic doesn't allow for bitter digs :dry:

So beating the best team in the competition and having real, atletico and Chelsea remaining is what you would sooner see???

Moyes anti football tactics could have seen him actually fluke the thing. Tactics like that have no place in the higher levels of an elite competition.

It's like introducing Europe to Sam allardyce

So beating the best team in the competition and having real, atletico and Chelsea remaining is what you would sooner see???

Moyes anti football tactics could have seen him actually fluke the thing. Tactics like that have no place in the higher levels of an elite competition.

It's like introducing Europe to Sam allardyce

you could be a politician they way you can circumnavigate points you don't want to accept...

SO happy to see atleti win, they are my spanish team (have been for years) and so excited to see them topple the giants. i really hope la liga starts to open up like the premier league has and gets more competitive at the top. made up for them :)

glad to see Bayern win as well. that evra goal was class and had me scared but bayern kicked it into 5th gear and the game was over in a matter of minutes. should be interesting to see the semis, chelsea, real, atleti and bayern.

It's embarrassing. 9-10 United men in the penalty area and hoofs up front. They may get a result, but oh my word how the mighty have fallen. Arsenal and city at least attacked and got reward.

Having watched Everton play this season, I now expect the team to pass their way up the pitch. When someone simply hoofs the ball, I'm thinking "what a waste". It makes United come across as a very poor team. I know Chelsea won yesterday, but I felt the same way when they simply belted the ball aimlessly up the field. Maybe I've started to think too one-dimensionally!

Were looking to spend the right money on the right players if theyre available. It has nothing to do with Champions League football. Any players weve quietly discussed with I think are more than happy to join Manchester United.

: The ones who, quietly, somebody might have had a word in their ear have all been keen to come because they know its a short thing, itll not be a long thing.

Theyre all very keen to join such a great club.

Were looking to spend the right money on the right players if theyre available. It has nothing to do with Champions League football. Any players weve quietly discussed with I think are more than happy to join Manchester United.

: The ones who, quietly, somebody might have had a word in their ear have all been keen to come because they know its a short thing, itll not be a long thing.

Theyre all very keen to join such a great club.

Um - am I the only one who didn't understand a word of that? :)

What point?! I hate Moyes??? Ok... Headline news... Hafnia doesn't like David Moyes and hopes his arrogance and disrespectful behaviour towards Everton sees him fail at United.

Back to it... You wanted United to win and us risking them fluking the champions league???

:doh:

No, I didn't want them to win the whole thing (want Chelsea to win, again for a friend), I wanted the English team to win this game for my friends sake - not Moyes related.

How could Moyes win it, he's a shit manager isn't he?

I can't wait until you get over this petty hatred. I think we will disagree most of the time, but at least you'll be able to argue with an actual point, rather than letting your obsession ruin your posts.

Shit manager? More shit house manager. In the European competitions it's not always a case of best football teams winning, percentage managers often do well.

As Roy Keane said, get yourself into last 4 and anything can happen.

My hatred of Moyes isn't petty, it's perfectly justified.

Edited by Hafnia

Shit manager? More shit house manager. In the European competitions it's not always a case of best football teams winning, percentage managers often do well.

Never understand this level of animosity with David Moyes sometimes. You must have been more miserable than this end, by the time Moyes vacated his position from Goodison Park, after eleven years of his tenure. Sure he wasn't the greatest manager Everton will ever see, but at least made the club recognized again after some years away and watching relegation concerns - and in general - shit, served up under Walker and Smith for example. Never could bring myself to castigate to such an extent..

With regard to the game this night involving Manchester United, feel all a bit indifferent.

The only 'good thing for England' dispute, is being most likely, United have nothing else to play for this season and will just see out the remainder of their games without any end of season big involvement, so any english players such as Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick etc will be better rested ahead of tournament. As someone who can't abide the english national set-up and all it entails, maybe it was indeed a pity that United were eliminated tonight with regards to it. - Although would've favored them for a european cup win - instead of the last other english side still left in. (fuck the french if they can't hold on to a first game lead)

So, sorry that they couldn't make it through to this years semi-finals, had a fine pedigree in the competition with Alex Ferguson the last seven or eight years, but with Moyes at the wheel - it was never going to occur this time.

Take this opportunity to offer best wishes to Munich for the rest of this seasons competition, and may they retain last seasons trophy. (last done since Milan 1990 incidentally)

Sorry DK, but I found this so funny. It must be something in the air tonight!

First, a pleasant and polite BBC-style narrative:

...As someone who can't abide the english national set-up and all it entails, maybe it was indeed a pity that United were eliminated tonight with regards to it. - Although would've favored them for a european cup win - instead of the last other english side still left in.

Then, a little aside:

...fuck the french if they can't hold on to a first game lead

Before a continuation of the BBC bedtime story:

So, sorry that they couldn't make it through to this years semi-finals, had a fine pedigree in the competition...Take this opportunity to offer best wishes to Munich for the rest of this seasons competition, and may they retain last seasons trophy.

:rofl:

yes, because they were the English team and I've got friends who support them. That's all.

And I can't believe you want them out for that reason, certainly not that reason alone

you must fuckin love your mates a lot :lol:

i wanted united out as soon as possible to get rid of the risk of them winning it...if they were in top 4 wouldn't really give a fuck

it was justified a year ago, move on

Moyes was only going to do one thing and it worked reasonably well on the whole but eventually class will tell, especially over 2 games.

I actually havent been that inpressed by Bayern in both games they have played against English clubs. They have put together a couple of really nice moves but on the whole they have looked predictable.

If Atletico can keep their big players fit and start taking their chances then they can win.

Moyes was only going to do one thing and it worked reasonably well on the whole but eventually class will tell, especially over 2 games.

I actually havent been that inpressed by Bayern in both games they have played against English clubs. They have put together a couple of really nice moves but on the whole they have looked predictable.

If Atletico can keep their big players fit and start taking their chances then they can win.

Like Barca, they need to loan out their brightest young prospect to Everton so they are exposed to the English way of playing football. Without that, they'll play well against other European teams and just average against English teams.

Guest Nikica

PSG got what they deserved really for trying to sit on the lead. A single away goal would have meant Chelsea needed three just to take it to extra-time. PSG should have been more adventurous - they were asking for trouble and they don't really deserve any sympathy. I hate Chelsea but fair play to them.

Dortmund almost coming back against RM despite half their first team being missing was extremely impressive. They'd probably be through right now if Mikhtaryan had his shooting boots on. Shame as I like him as a player.

Man United put up a respectable fight, but it always seemed like Bayern could find another gear. So it proved. Robben is a genius - always been a favourite of mine.

Apparently Atletico had chance after chance against Barca, and hit the woodword three times. Barca have been in decline for a while now - it always looked ominous after they failed to win at Camp Nou. Atletico have been brilliant this season - would love to see them win the La Liga/CL double.

For the semis, I want Atletico and Bayern to progress, although a Madrid derby as a CL Final would be interesting. It's hard to say who will progress.

I watched Sevilla destroy Porto last night, and Valencia did brilliantly to cut the deficit against Basel. I think the EL Final will be Sevilla vs Juventus, but all four teams are pretty strong.

All in all it's been a good week of football.

Matt, why did you want Man United to win? Fair play in any other season, supporting the English club etc...but if they'd won the CL it would have cost you your spot should you finish fourth.

Edited by Nikica

May as well give a mention to todays other games while we're at it.

Disappointed West Bromwich Albion couldn't hold on to a lead and allowed Tottenham back into it right at the very end and some absurd cunt doing commentary on Talksport got into such a frenzy when the north london side equalized, couldn't determine if he was receiving a blow job from a piranha, or sitting on the epicenter of a fucking earthquake.

FA Cup semi-final day also, and can't help but feel irritated to a certain extent that could have been us today at the national stadium taking on Wigan Athletic, but expect Arsenal to win and beat either Sheffield United or Hull in the final event and finally end their nine year wait for a trophy. Hope Wigan can cause another upset and beat them today though, can't be impartial on this.

Southampton suffer a surprise setback and pleased also that Norwich had a loss in their battle to stave off any relegation threat. Just make sure you take three points off Liverpool in your next game before you depart the EPL this season.