IGNORED

Ossie called up for England

marcopaulo

Agree with him, Ossie was the best Englishman on the pitch.

Personally believe Baines would be next best. Also got a slight feeling of a reluctance from certain players to pass the ball to our players dry.png.

I did notice that, mainly Mr Gerrard. Too often made the glory pass rather than ossie who dropped off his man to make himself available.

I thought Osman was brilliant and it was probably one of the best midfield performances in an England shirt over the last 12 months. He wasnt spectacular but he actually surprised me with how good he was. Absolutely made up for him & a performance like that should definitely give him a chance of playing in the qualifiers.

Baines too was very good and the pair of them linked up well, especially when Sterling moved to the left (because Ashley Young is the most selfish player on earth both in attack and in defence). I hate to say it but Gerrard was pretty good as well. Too many hollywood balls but his general play was the best I have seen from him in a while.

Cahill, Shawcross, Hart & Sturridge all had nights to forget.

I only found out the result about half an hour ago, and my initial response was one of genuine pleasure, I was quietly satisfied with that, and hats off to Sweden and all. The English have only beaten them once in all games since 1968 apparently, and even that was this summer in the Euro Finals.

It seems Osman and Baines had good games despite the result, so pleased with them, but let's get them back for domestics where they really can be of proper use to us.

_Flag_of_Sweden_.png

I don't care what it says, that is misleading information damn it.

You ask those Swedish people who participate on here, from 1968 to 2012 England didn't beat Sweden in a relevant fixture.

Apart from that Euro game this summer, the last win for you was back in the 1960s. I'm sticking with that. I know my soccer statistics.

I only found out the result about half an hour ago, and my initial response was one of genuine pleasure, I was quietly satisfied with that, and hats off to Sweden and all. The English have only beaten them once in all games since 1968 apparently, and even that was this summer in the Euro Finals.

It seems Osman and Baines had good games despite the result, so pleased with them, but let's get them back for domestics where they really can be of proper use to us.

I don't care what it says, that is misleading information damn it.

You ask those Swedish people who participate on here, from 1968 to 2012 England didn't beat Sweden in a relevant fixture.

Apart from that Euro game this summer, the last win for you was back in the 1960s. I'm sticking with that. I know my soccer statistics.

Your claim was 'all games' was it not?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18181790

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15709627

Wenger is not stupid by any means. He emulated Chapman and Mee and Graham as the greatest Arsenal manager, and you only have to look at what he has done in North London since his arrival from Japan in 1996.

Damn fine manager and very successful is the fact of the matter, OK they haven't won anything for 7 years but still continue to challenge and are always a threat or up there when honors are to be had.

Wenger can also converse in five or six different languages, and that's something to be proud of

France are a bigger and more successful soccer nation than Sweden. I can't see any room for debate on that.

_Flag_of_Sweden_.png

?? ;)

• 2 months later...

As Marco said in the shoutbox...Ossie keeps his place...

http://www.thefa.com...ent-310113.aspx

"Hodgson makes no real surprises with his choices, with Everton midfielder Leon Osmanretaining his place in the squad following an impressive debut against Sweden last November."

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Joe Hart.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner,Leon Osman, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere.

Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Great that he is going to earn a cap against Brazil. He has played fantastic this year for Everton and didn't let himself down when he stood up to the international stage. I just hope that he can keep this momentum going and head to Rio next year.

England manager Roy Hodgson says left-back Ashley Cole will start against Brazil at Wembley on Wednesday to earn his 100th international cap.

Cole, 32, made his national team debut in March 2001 against Albania and will become the seventh England player to reach a century of appearances.

"Ashley will definitely start the game," said Hodgson.

"I'll have to see what to do with [fellow left-back] Leighton [baines], who has been doing very well."

Bring him on as a sub after Ashley's had his token ten minutes I'd have thought...we want our strongest XI against Brazil! Get the ceremonial shit out of the way early and then look to win the thing.

Phil McNulty (supposedly the man whose ring tone is Z Cars)....

"Cole reaches his 100-cap landmark under greater pressure for his place than ever before after the emergence of Everton's outstanding defender Leighton Baines, who is now providing serious competition.

The older man remains England manager Roy Hodgson's preferred choice. Baines offers a greater attacking threat with his brilliance at set-pieces and with his marauding left-flank runs but Cole offers greater security in defence.

Cole also remains an attacking force, less so than Baines, but when experience is included in the full package of both players, the equation still favours the old champion over the contender."

It's not even a contest between baines and cole anymore!! Baines has been by far the best LB this year!!

Did anyone see how Cole got absolutely burned for pace by Sissoko the other day?? And he offers next to nothing going forward now a days. I'm not saying he is a bad full back, but I think this season he has showed he's pretty average and it's mainly down to his age I think. Baines has scored goals like the free kick at Newcastle and the one against West brom and still isn't considered the better LB?? It's a joke IMO

Im naming 1 player ahead of the likes of Lampard, Barry, Carrick, Parker... I think after the Euros he realised that he needed to change things around.

So one player means he doesn't favour top 4 players... Right, ok then.

Lets see how long Ossie gets tomorrow and how many other non-top 4 players get a look in.

So one player means he doesn't favour top 4 players... Right, ok then.

Lets see how long Ossie gets tomorrow and how many other non-top 4 players get a look in.

no, i didnt say that. I said Ossie being included, ahead of previous "top 4" players like those mentioned show he might be rethinking.

those in blue are not top 4 players, the rest at least play for a top 4 team...

Hart - top 4 and best English keeper who is fit, those in bold started games for Woy

Johnson - not top 4 player, only Richards or Jenkinson?

Terry / Cahill / Ferdinand / Lescott / Smalling - best English central defenders from the top 4

Jags, Shawcross, Caulker- arguably best English central defender not top 4, plus some talented youngsters.

Cole - overrated but still top 4 player

Baines, Bertrand - best LB in Europe plus a youngster, but not top 4

Ossie, Gerrard, Ox, Wilshere, Sterling - not top 4 players

Young, Parker, Barry, Carrick, Milner, Lampard, Cleverly - "top 4" players

Walcott, Sturridge, Crouch - not top 4 players

Rooney, Defoe, Welbeck - top 4.

Ok, team isnt picked for the friendly (which will be a worthless selection anyway) but people need to realise that Shite havent been a top 4 team for years and Arsenal have been slipping for the last 2 years.