IGNORED

Ossie called up for England

marcopaulo

Apparently Osman is in it but I can't find it released anywhere

edit: Scratch that..

Goalkeepers

Fraser Forster (Celtic), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders

Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City), Kyle Walker(Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders

Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Leon Osman (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

about time i think

Edited by marcopaulo

In Mexico 86 didn't Bracewell have to pull out because of a broken leg or something and only 4 went in the end?

He wasn't in the squad at all....due to the ankle injury he got early in the year at Newcastle. He kept playing but it wasn't right....missed the whole of 86/87 and only came back in Jan '88.

Obviously I remembered all of that myselfunsure.png .

(But just to be sure I read this http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/comment/fan/article.php?submissionID=20363 tongue.png ).

I don't care what the national side does or their often meaningless and banal friendlies and games, but you have to given Osman a shout for finally emerging into the full squad, and should have been included at some stage long before now. It's only (another) nothing game against Sweden, but for the player involved, I wish him well and say well done to finally getting a place at the highest level.

However I feel personally, it's good to see a fair number of Everton based players finally in the English national side, when we went for years on end without notice or inclusion of any club player.

I don't remember Bracewell playing for the national side at any time either. Surely Robson wouldn't have picked him for 1986 anyway, alhough they did have Lineker, Reid, Trevor Steven and maybe one other.

It's a pity that when he finally makes his debut he'll have the impossible job of carrying the 'big' clubs kids and the thug from over the park. Would have loved to have seen him along the likes of Scholes and Beckham, tbf the team would still be better off with them.

should have been included for Ukraine and Poland this summer, or at least take him along and give him a go at least at some stage, or if not that, then any previous tournament such as Germany in 2006 or that Euro Finals in 2008 but I can't remember where they were held. Switzerland and Austria maybe

Bottom line is, should have been included in the national squad at some stage long before now.

Well happy for Osman!

On another note, Wenger complaining that Wiltshire has been called up. I totaly agree. Injured for 18 month, been back for 3 games and called up in a friendly? 6 months before the next qualifyer? Madness.

The stupid frenchman was however way of the mark calling Sweden a smaller football nation (3 medals in euro and world cup football and one medal in the olympics) that just want to earn money playing against a bigger side (england with 1 world cup medal)

Just see what this little football team did against your beloved France in the euros mr Wenger!

Ok im slightly biased.

Well happy for Osman!

On another note, Wenger complaining that Wiltshire has been called up. I totaly agree. Injured for 18 month, been back for 3 games and called up in a friendly? 6 months before the next qualifyer? Madness.

The stupid frenchman was however way of the mark calling Sweden a smaller football nation (3 medals in euro and world cup football and one medal in the olympics) that just want to earn money playing against a bigger side (england with 1 world cup medal)

Just see what this little football team did against your beloved France in the euros mr Wenger!

Ok im slightly biased.

Wenger is not stupid by any means. He emulated Chapman and Mee and Graham as the greatest Arsenal manager, and you only have to look at what he has done in North London since his arrival from Japan in 1996.

Damn fine manager and very successful is the fact of the matter, OK they haven't won anything for 7 years but still continue to challenge and are always a threat or up there when honors are to be had.

Wenger can also converse in five or six different languages, and that's something to be proud of

France are a bigger and more successful soccer nation than Sweden. I can't see any room for debate on that.

Wenger is not stupid by any means. He emulated Chapman and Mee and Graham as the greatest Arsenal manager, and you only have to look at what he has done in North London since his arrival from Japan in 1996.

Damn fine manager and very successful is the fact of the matter, OK they haven't won anything for 7 years but still continue to challenge and are always a threat or up there when honors are to be had.

Wenger can also converse in five or six different languages, and that's something to be proud of

France are a bigger and more successful soccer nation than Sweden. I can't see any room for debate on that.

Read again mr Kane.