IGNORED

Anybody else feeling excited?

Obviously Davey going is a big thing and a feeling of the unknown but i cant help feeling excited about a new boss. Possible overhaul of squad, bringing young players more quickly through the ranks and not playing same players week in and week out. Anybody else share my optimism?

I know can you imagine if the list is Coyle,Hughes,Benitez etc? Id be suicidal. I can imagine we are hugely appealing from a managers point of view.Virtually proven top six premier league team, top squad, no money but can sell to buy and with a chairman that lets his manager manage the old school way.I hope the new man is told the Stubbs,Duncs,Weirs are integral and are staying.

I'm a bit numbed by it to be honest....not feeling bad or sad about DM leaving and really not over excited about who's coming in. Sure that'll change (I know it will) once things start to take shape but it's been a bit of a surreal day today.

Suicide would only be an option if Allardyce, O'Neill or Lennon got the job.

With the extra tv revenue and felli probably doing the off, I guess the timing is right for all involved. Hopefully It will give whoever it may be a fair wedge to kick on with and regenerate the team.

Davey will be remembered as a true legend who rescued us from the dark days. Lets hope the next manager can take the next step and put us back where we belong.

Relegation battles again well i guess we 10 good years.

I dont get that at all. why? is Moyes the only man that can possibly manage us? its a joke that you can say that

Relegation battles again well i guess we 10 good years.

Why would it? Our reserves play better football than the 2002 team ever did. I would expect a slight dip next season if major changes are made, but no worse than mid table. With 30-40 million to spend and some excellent youth players coming through a good manager should have no trouble building from where we are now.

Edit - please, please let it be a GOOD manager.

Edited by Blueherts

I cant beleive people forget how shit we were before he came

But why does that mean we'll be shit after he goes? He's not the only manager in the world and we have the sixth best team in the country in place. They're not going to become shit players overnight are they?

I cant beleive people forget how shit we were before he came

Yeah we were due to Peter Johnson pulling the rug on Joe Royle and then buying the likes of Dacourt,Collins etc with the promise of big things and investment and changing his mind. That of course led to Kendalls return and buying John O'kane, MItch Ward,John Spencer and a whole list of others. I dont forget how shit we were because i was there watching it week in and week out. People criticise Walter Smith but i dont. Ok he played horrible football and bought older players but for me he stabilised the club when we needed it but there came a time he had to go.Correct decision was made. Ok things are different now but the princibles don't Davey has been great for us but i would argue if he gets the Utd job we have been better for him. No trophies in eleven years when he has had many opporunities to do so, an easy going chairman and hugely paid. To compare the club to what it was is eleven years ago is daft as the money,player power and sky product makes the arguement redundant. With the tax problems in Spain the smart money is to get somebody in that knows the market well. Laudrup,Poyet,Martinez would be ideal

Not unrealistic. Fellaini, Heitinga and maybe baines leaving. would generate maybe 25-30 mil. plus the new tv money.

Felli on his own should generate that! £20m+ for Baines (though as I said I don't think he'll go) and a few quid for Heits and we're talking upwards of £50m plus the new TV money.

I may be getting my timeline wrong but wasnt it Smith that bought Dacourt and Collins with the NTL money that Kenwright gave to him before we actually had the money? Then NTL went bust and we were fucked.

yeah meant he pulled the rug on Royle and Johnson got the players in

I really believe this divorce will be in the interest of both parties -

they have been good for each other but have outgrown each other -

we shall see next season if any of the parties was holding the other one back or keeping it\him on his feet -

best wishes to both as they now go on their own ways down the uncertain path called The Future

yes,,i really am...i thank moyes for everything he does and will cheer as loud as anyone for him this sunday...but the ceiling has been reached with him..not sure why..maybe cos the whole package was stale or because he was negative..either way i haven't enjoyed our football for ages now

thank you david..and all the best

Not unrealistic. Fellaini, Heitinga and maybe baines leaving. would generate maybe 25-30 mil. plus the new tv money.

Felli on his own should generate that! £20m+ for Baines (though as I said I don't think he'll go) and a few quid for Heits and we're talking upwards of £50m plus the new TV money.

You both make good points. I hope our board reinvests whatever is made through player sales.

yes,,i really am...i thank moyes for everything he does and will cheer as loud as anyone for him this sunday...but the ceiling has been reached with him..not sure why..maybe cos the whole package was stale or because he was negative..either way i haven't enjoyed our football for ages now

thank you david..and all the best

We maintained our place over the last 5 years under Moyes. The only places we have fallen were directly related to Tottenham and Man City getting their huge investment. The last 2 we have been better than our bitter rival even if we haven't beaten them directly.

08-09 63Pts

09-10 61Pts

10-11 54Pts

11-12 56Pts

12-13 60Pts with 2 left

I appreciate all he has done, and hope him the best in the future. There are so few true gentlemen out there who are masters of their craft, and we have unfortunately lost one.

How the hell can anybody be excited? Moyes is a top, top manager, or as fergie described him a few months back "a first class manager."

It's pretty obvious that Fergie will have had a big say in who is replacement was. I guess he doesn't know as much about footy/management as some fantasy footy managers on an internet forum. LOL.

How the hell can anybody be excited?

What's the alternative?

It is what it is and we have to deal with it....see it as an opportunity or go cry in a corner and think about away days to Tranmere; individual choicesmile.png.

We've been around a long time before Moyes was born and we'll be around a long time after he's dead.....bring on the next phase!

What's the alternative?

It is what it is and we have to deal with it....see it as an opportunity or go cry in a corner and think about away days to Tranmere; individual choicesmile.png.

We've been around a long time before Moyes was born and we'll be around a long time after he's dead.....bring on the next phase!

The point is, many posters on this forum have had it in for Moyes for a very long time. I'm not excited, I'm gutted!!! Just like I was gutted when Kendall mk1 left, When Lineker left and when Rooney left.

But hey ho, it shouldn't be too hard to find a manager who is better than one Fergie deems good enough to succeed him at Man Utd. LOL.

I feel happy for Moyes! He has been brilliant for Everton. I salute him.

I am scared for whats to come but thats only because Everton has been so predictable over the past few years. Stable to which isnt a bad thing.

I feel excited about the possibilities and the change. Who will manage us. My first choice Laudrup wont come. My second choice Martinez looks like the favourite for the job.

I feel scared for the looting DM might perform.

Im excited about the possibility that Everton might be able to loot the likes of Wigan and QPR for the cash we get for Felli etc.

Mixed feelings but mostly thankful for the last 11 years. Thanks DM for dragging Everton out of the relegation battles. I cant see us being there in the years to come.

Not even a little bit. We've seen time and time again how many teams have falled with money to spend. I don't know what manager is going to come in here and find diamonds in the rough and create a team that, as a whole, outperforms what its individual parts add up to the way Moyes has for the last decade. I'm betting that Fellaini follows him to Man U, which isn't the end of the world but certainly not desirable, and perhaps even Baines, which would be pretty awful. I'm scared shitless about this.