IGNORED

John Stones

lets look at it this way:-

£50m = £10m straight to Barnsley leaving £40m to us.

£40m in transfer money in Elstone language = 3 x £8m average players and the remainder going to agents fees etc and to pay off "operating costs" which will no doubt increase as a result of the money coming in.

So there you have it. Lose John stones and we get a similar scenario to when we lost Lescott (Distin, Bilyaletdinov and Heitinga).

For me I would use stones as an opportunity to make a statement that we arent to be pushed around.

I'm annoyed that some fans can't see past the fact that our commercial ineptitude leads other clubs to treat us so disgustingly bad. Its not just a case of money ruining the game, its that fact that we are paupers because of the poor way in which we have been run.

Put it this way, if Liverpool or Spurs owned Stones they would not sell for less than £60m - i'm being serious.

With Stones you still have potential , rather than an experienced defender at his peak, so Ican't see him going straight into the Chelsea team nor will they loan him back out at that price he'll start off on bench and rotate with terry.cahill in cup games.

For Stones own benefit he should stay with the Toffees for another year at least, even if it takes a pay rise and a 50 million release clause being put in his contract to keep him happy.

I've heard the 20% fee banded about for Barnsley of any profit Everton make.

I would rather keep him but if Everton get 30million after Barnsleys cut, it will buy a few more potential stones for roberto to develop and maybe a first team starter or two

It just shows Everton must still have some decent players even after a mediocre season, with stones mcartthey mirallis coleman McGeady and Kone all on most wanted lists.

Wishful thinking about last two, but you never know, once clear of injuries and after a good pre season they can help the squad.

Edited by captainbeaker

A statement of intent by everton would be to get Stones, McCarthy and Barkley in together and structure their contracts to appease any need for them to have their heads turned.

Why don't we put in spanish esque release clauses of £75m - that will eradicate the need to have this nonsense of low bids etc etc,

From what I've read Barnsley waivered all kinds of add on's to get the 20% re-sale fee.

Wow we need to sign their negotiator. That's a hell of a deal right there for barnsley, hence the 3m tag I guess, they got less up front. 50+ for him most certainly with that 20% for me. And Chelsea can fuck right off the flopping ref crowding bitches. If I was Martinez I'd sell him abroad, real, barca, a real fuck you to mourinho

Edited by markjazzbassist

Thing is with it all going public if he states he wants to go is when problems start. Do we keep and play a player that doesn't want to stay and who's heart isn't in it, or put him in reserves where we can say F U chelsea but it doesnt help us or them.

Best way is convince him to stay get experience which he wont get at chelsea maybe a payrise and if he still want to go in a year or two fine but it will be for a large release clause.

With Stones you still have potential , rather than an experienced defender at his peak, so Ican't see him going straight into the Chelsea team nor will they loan him back out at that price he'll start off on bench and rotate with terry.cahill in cup games.

For Stones own benefit he should stay with the Toffees for another year at least, even if it takes a pay rise and a 50 million release clause being put in his contract to keep him happy.

I've heard the 20% fee banded about for Barnsley of any profit Everton make.

I would rather keep him but if Everton get 30million after Barnsleys cut, it will buy a few more potential stones for roberto to develop and maybe a first team starter or two

It just shows Everton must still have some decent players even after a mediocre season, with stones mcartthey mirallis coleman McGeady and Kone all on most wanted lists.

Wishful thinking about last two, but you never know, once clear of injuries and after a good pre season they can help the squad.

Disagree. We have a proper player already. He's going to get better but he's already a top defender.

Agreed..they're wanting to buy someone with potential and also a first name on our team sheet...If they want to pay a ridiculous fee then so be it...but anything less than 50 is a joke considering sterling went for that..defenders like stones do not come along often..especially English ones

A bigger fuck you is not selling him at all

i completely agree, what i was saying is when we sell him (its ineveitable) in a couple years time, it should be elsewhere than EPL, would love to see mou blow a gasket over that. also would love to see him win the champions league, something not possible for an english club at the moment.

A massive sub-plot to this for me is how Martinez handles this situation. With his history with Stones and the fact that he's probably the one young player that Martinez won't want to lose at all how he handles this could potentially define his Everton career for me.

I read that Chelsea have ear marked Stones for 30 games this season. I'm not quite sure how they'll accomplish that. Spoke to a mate who is a Chelsea fan and I don't think he quite understands why we will/should fight tooth and nail for him. He said 25M should be the limit. Nothing to say to that.

i completely agree, what i was saying is when we sell him (its ineveitable) in a couple years time, it should be elsewhere than EPL, would love to see mou blow a gasket over that. also would love to see him win the champions league, something not possible for an english club at the moment.

It's not inevitable that we sell him. It's also likely that Mourinho hops back to another league in a few years. And, it's also possible that an English club could win the Champions League. Hell, Chelsea did it with Roberto fucking di Matteo as caretaker manager against Bayern at their own stadium!

Mourinho doesn't give a shit about Stones beyond the fact that he is English, which checks off the homegrown player requirement, and he is serviceable in his squad. Money isn't an issue to him. It's not his money. Abramovich will spend whatever is needed to win. Mourinho's ass is on the line, but he's winning, being a grandiose douche and doing everything that makes his sugar daddy happy, all while under the delusion that he's the biggest deal around.

It's not inevitable that we sell him. It's also likely that Mourinho hops back to another league in a few years. And, it's also possible that an English club could win the Champions League. Hell, Chelsea did it with Roberto fucking di Matteo as caretaker manager against Bayern at their own stadium!

Mourinho doesn't give a shit about Stones beyond the fact that he is English, which checks off the homegrown player requirement, and he is serviceable in his squad. Money isn't an issue to him. It's not his money. Abramovich will spend whatever is needed to win. Mourinho's ass is on the line, but he's winning, being a grandiose douche and doing everything that makes his sugar daddy happy, all while under the delusion that he's the biggest deal around.

He most certainly does care about stones, he's Terry's replacement. He's old and although in great form this year or next he will lose it and they'll need a partner for Cahill. It isn't a man city thing where they need to stack the bench, they already have plenty of youngsters who are English who will qualify for homegrown.

He most certainly does care about stones, he's Terry's replacement. He's old and although in great form this year or next he will lose it and they'll need a partner for Cahill. It isn't a man city thing where they need to stack the bench, they already have plenty of youngsters who are English who will qualify for homegrown.

Well, for young promising CBs he has Zouma, Kalas, Ake, Omeruo and Christensen, at the very least. Sure, none of them are definitely on Stones' level (other than Zouma, of course), but there are several full internationals in that list. They are all seemingly doing well enough, too. Zouma could replace Terry today.

Well, for young promising CBs he has Zouma, Kalas, Ake, Omeruo and Christensen, at the very least. Sure, none of them are definitely on Stones' level (other than Zouma, of course), but there are several full internationals in that list. They are all seemingly doing well enough, too. Zouma could replace Terry today.

no doubt zouma is good, but i think you're overestimating his talent due to the side he's played on. if he were playing at a mid/bottom prem side i don't think you'd be thinking he's the world beater he is. matic helps a lot, as does having hazard and costa putting in goals.

the rest of those are just what you said, promising, but they couldn't replace terry tomorrow up to mou's standard if he fell off form. i get your point, but i don't think they're in just to fill a quota, otherwise they'd grab up cheap players like city did with delph and roberts to just fill out the quota. they're looking at stones as terry's replacement and zouma will replace cahill (turns 30 this year, he won't last forever either).

Disagree. We have a proper player already. He's going to get better but he's already a top defender.

Yeah he's good but would he walk into their team ahead of Cahill and Terry right now?

As good as he is I'm not sure he would under Jose, he'll groom him as Terry's replacement for next season.

Zouma will be incredible. I wouldn't be so quick to knock his ability.

Mark, Ten knows what he's talking about here. He's looked good internationally and for Chelsea. A CB who can't do their job will certainly show even in a good side. He's solid defensively, makes good decisions, plays like he's got experience, is strong, and can get on the end of things in the opponent's box. He's a Mourinho defender through and through. He's one of the next big international stars. No doubt in my mind. Vault me, should I deserve it!

Zouma will be incredible. I wouldn't be so quick to knock his ability.

never said he wouldn't, just said he's not up to that ability now. Joe calm down lad, it's an online forum, people can have opinions and beliefs other than yours. no need for vaulting, i'm not here to win arguments, just chat and share my opinion (no matter how right or wrong it is).

never said he wouldn't, just said he's not up to that ability now. Joe calm down lad, it's an online forum, people can have opinions and beliefs other than yours. no need for vaulting, i'm not here to win arguments, just chat and share my opinion (no matter how right or wrong it is).

Sorry, man. I don't mean to seem like I'm on the attack. I don't mean to single you out so often either. We're both in the U.S. and seem to post at the same time, so your posts end up being the ones I reply to. More than anything, I'm just fed up with my fellow Evertonians having this "lie down and take it" mentality regarding our club's seemingly inevitable fall from grace and other clubs' right to having our players. I'm all for healthy criticisms of our club. I just find that the spirit behind many criticisms to be defeatist rather than supportive in a fight against the grain and against the common sense that we should just let others dominate us and tell us the way it is. I see too much shame. This is Everton, goddammit. Fuck them all!

This obviously isn't in reference to the Zouma thing. But, seriously, clubs need to show some class. Don't talk about our fucking players. Don't try to woo our players unless we've accepted a bid and given you permission to speak with them.

Edited by JoeQuince

Zouma is the polar opposite of Stones he's typical big strong CB comparable to Distin in a sense I've seen plenty of the lad and although he's a great young player he's no John Pirlo Stones

Those two would make a great partnership for years to come if they did manage to get their hands on John

Listening to Talksport on the way into work last night and that horrible cretin Terry was interviewed about Stones and how highly he rates him etc

Truly a classless club who will use every snide tactic to get what they want I really hope we fuck them off and dig our heels in