IGNORED

John Stones

Anyone see cahill getting the runaround vs southampton - made me laugh.... apparently stones wouldn't have improved their defence and all he was "potential".

I guess a few of them wouldn't have begrudged spending £50m plus now. Arrogant clowns

Bet Cahill plays ahead of Jagielka for England.

Anyone see cahill getting the runaround vs southampton - made me laugh.... apparently stones wouldn't have improved their defence and all he was "potential".

I guess a few of them wouldn't have begrudged spending £50m plus now. Arrogant clowns

i can see january getting ridiculous. let's hope we hold the line again.

• 2 weeks later...

Great response from Martinez, his interviews have become so much stronger.

I wouldn't hesitate at giving him £75k a week (top earner parity) with added loyalty/performance bonuses. The release clause needs to be around £70m. A nice sweetner would be to make him a certified future captain (when Jags is past 1st team regular).

Great response from Martinez, his interviews have become so much stronger.

I wouldn't hesitate at giving him £75k a week (top earner parity) with added loyalty/performance bonuses. The release clause needs to be around £70m. A nice sweetner would be to make him a certified future captain (when Jags is past 1st team regular).

The release clause will be £50m max, and I think we all know that.

The release clause will be £50m max, and I think we all know that.

Thats would be foolish of us - thats more or less saying "we will sell him before or after the Euros".

11 of the 15 players sold for £50m+ have taken place in the last 5 years - 10 of those 11 in the last 2 years.

Basically we aint seen nothing yet - £50m is going to be the £20m of 3 years ago. Infaltion is going to explode with the new money.

£70m is a realistic release price if we are looking to get 2-3 more seasons from him. No one will touch him for a good year or 2 foir that much - but he will be worth that.

Thats would be foolish of us - thats more or less saying "we will sell him before or after the Euros".

11 of the 15 players sold for £50m+ have taken place in the last 5 years - 10 of those 11 in the last 2 years.

Basically we aint seen nothing yet - £50m is going to be the £20m of 3 years ago. Infaltion is going to explode with the new money.

£70m is a realistic release price if we are looking to get 2-3 more seasons from him. No one will touch him for a good year or 2 foir that much - but he will be worth that.

I just don't think he'd sign a new contract if the release fee was to be more than that.

He's gone in January or the summer. We have far too many holes to fill and aging players. Howard hibbert Barry Gibson Kone pienaar osman etc we need to replace all of them with younger better players. If we pay 5m per person that's 35m right there. Not saying we will or should but we have an old squad and no real youngsters except the center backs look promising. So the academy will need freshening up as well. Plus we need the 10. We need the money bad. Mori is solid yet unspectacular and Galloway should be ready as well.

Sad to see him go but I don't see any other way.

He's gone in January or the summer. We have far too many holes to fill and aging players. Howard hibbert Barry Gibson Kone pienaar osman etc we need to replace all of them with younger better players. If we pay 5m per person that's 35m right there. Not saying we will or should but we have an old squad and no real youngsters except the center backs look promising. So the academy will need freshening up as well. Plus we need the 10. We need the money bad. Mori is solid yet unspectacular and Galloway should be ready as well.

Sad to see him go but I don't see any other way.

Hibbert, Pienaar and Gibson hardly need replacing since they never play - they are not and won't be missed to any real extent based on the last 2 years.

He can't go yet. We're building a solid, young, talented team and he is the potential leader. Plus, if we sell him for 50m, thats 2-3 players after agent fees and over-inflated prices. Plus, selling such a huge asset would put off potential buyers.

As for the "release fee" - these are often negotiated and are there to get the best deal possible. Sticking a 70m clause in just forces us to talk to the bidder and nothing more, but doesn't mean we wouldn't hear noise if someone came with a 60m bid.

Edited by Matt

Hibbert, Pienaar and Gibson hardly need replacing since they never play - they are not and won't be missed to any real extent based on the last 2 years.

He can't go yet. We're building a solid, young, talented team and he is the potential leader. Plus, if we sell him for 50m, thats 2-3 players after agent fees and over-inflated prices. Plus, selling such a huge asset would put off potential buyers.

As for the "release fee" - these are often negotiated and are there to get the best deal possible. Sticking a 70m clause in just forces us to talk to the bidder and nothing more, but doesn't mean we wouldn't hear noise if someone came with a 60m bid.

Hibbo certainly needs replacing we don't have a backup rb. I agree I don't want stones to go but I think our lot will be 11th place unless we make some serious changes. Need a creative playmaker, striker, backup rb, gk. Those are main roles. We need offensive youngsters as well. Lot of needs Matt.

Hibbo certainly needs replacing we don't have a backup rb. I agree I don't want stones to go but I think our lot will be 11th place unless we make some serious changes. Need a creative playmaker, striker, backup rb, gk. Those are main roles. We need offensive youngsters as well. Lot of needs Matt.

Lots of needs, yes, there always are. One of those needs will be replacing one of the most promising CBs in Europe with someone else, if we sell Stones.

does anyone actually think hibbo, pienaar, jags, barry, osman "need replacing"?

I don't. 3 of those 5 are partially retired and only get the odd league cup game or whatever.

The future of our club depends on our ability to produce and retain and only sell our younger players for the peak price. As soon as we sell the likes of Stones on the players avaible for free transfers or low fees will choose other "ambitious" clubs.

I don't. 3 of those 5 are partially retired and only get the odd league cup game or whatever.

The future of our club depends on our ability to produce and retain and only sell our younger players for the peak price. As soon as we sell the likes of Stones on the players avaible for free transfers or low fees will choose other "ambitious" clubs.

Their skill sets certainly do, but that's not to say they're not already available within in the squad and youth squads already.

Guest Howard's way

if a buy out isn't finalised by may 2016 then we will regret not selling stones for £50mil, cause i for one cant see where the next bank roll is coming from and we will well and truelly be left behind.

Their skill sets certainly do, but that's not to say they're not already available within in the squad and youth squads already.

Maybe need a Jags replacement that can fill in at right back as I think Mori and Stones will form a partnership with galloway waiting in the wings.

Galloway will be cover for Baines then Garbutt.

Barkley may drop deep and have besic, mccarthy and then Ledson in there.

if a buy out isn't finalised by may 2016 then we will regret not selling stones for £50mil, cause i for one cant see where the next bank roll is coming from and we will well and truelly be left behind.

TV money and the fact that we aint spent much at all this summer.

Maybe need a Jags replacement that can fill in at right back as I think Mori and Stones will form a partnership with galloway waiting in the wings.

We need a replacement in terms of skillset for Ossie and Pienaar, the clever players who create space with excellent control and can pick a pass. Gibson for his range of passing too. Don't know anyone in the current squad who covers any of those things as well as those 3, maybe Besic with his distribution.

yes

gk howard robles

rb coleman

cb jags stones mori galloway browning holgate

lb baines garbutt

cm barry mccarthy besic

am barkley

w mirallas gerry lennon

st lukaku naisy kone

on top of that howard, jags, barry kone too old and be gone after another season or so. oviedo will be off as well with gibson hibbo osman pienaar, etc

that's barely a full 11 with no depth (only at cb) and accounting for no injuries. hell yes they all need replacing, the youngsters aren't promising enough on the offensive side of the ball which is where we are the thinnest.

Edited by markjazzbassist

yes

gk howard robles

rb coleman

cb jags stones mori galloway browning holgate

lb baines garbutt

cm barry mccarthy besic

am barkley

w mirallas gerry lennon

st lukaku naisy kone

on top of that howard, jags, barry kone too old and be gone after another season or so. oviedo will be off as well with gibson hibbo osman pienaar, etc

that's barely a full 11 with no depth (only at cb) and accounting for no injuries. hell yes they all need replacing, the youngsters aren't promising enough on the offensive side of the ball which is where we are the thinnest.

addi in:- cleverley to midfield, Ledson will be ready soon from what I gather,

it looks likely that we are going to get an attacking mid, - Galloway will cover at Left back. Browning right back.

As I say its not as bad as we think - we have about 7 players in and around the under 17-20 level who are very good.

Martinez will know this - I think that is one of the things he is quite content with.

addi in:- cleverley to midfield, Ledson will be ready soon from what I gather,

it looks likely that we are going to get an attacking mid, - Galloway will cover at Left back. Browning right back.

As I say its not as bad as we think - we have about 7 players in and around the under 17-20 level who are very good.

Martinez will know this - I think that is one of the things he is quite content with.

2 players haf isn't enough. and FFS gallloway and browning aren't fullbacks!!!! they are CB, we need a RB, coleman gets injured a lot and browning isn't solid there. galloway will replace stones.

haf the only u21 decent might be leandro, the rest can't crack preseason, how are they going to be premier league starters? you're dreaming. that's why he keeps buying youngsters, cause we don't have good enough ones!

Stones is one player, he can prevent scores but we can't win 0-0. we need attacking players of quality that can score. 20m in the pot every year won't get much nowadays with all the needs we have and all the oldies leaving.

Edited by markjazzbassist

It's all good and well saying players can cover numerous positions but they can only play one position at a time, so if Stones and Jags are out then Mori and Galloway come in for example, but then if Baines is out at the same time they can't cover for him too.

I don't think things are as desperate as MJB thinks, but nor do I think it's as plain sailing as others suggest. We need to do some rebuilding and strengthening for sure.

Guest Howard's way

TV money and the fact that we aint spent much at all this summer.

Haha there's naive blues and then there's you haf..... Yes because we've always spent every penny we've received havn't we. Well if we don't sell stones, lets see money out compared to tv and last season's left over's. It won't take a mathematician to see it doesn't add up.AGAIN

Edited by Howard's way

It's all good and well saying players can cover numerous positions but they can only play one position at a time, so if Stones and Jags are out then Mori and Galloway come in for example, but then if Baines is out at the same time they can't cover for him too.

I don't think things are as desperate as MJB thinks, but nor do I think it's as plain sailing as others suggest. We need to do some rebuilding and strengthening for sure.

thank you romey.

2 players haf isn't enough. and FFS gallloway and browning aren't fullbacks!!!! they are CB, we need a RB, coleman gets injured a lot and browning isn't solid there. galloway will replace stones.

haf the only u21 decent might be leandro, the rest can't crack preseason, how are they going to be premier league starters? you're dreaming. that's why he keeps buying youngsters, cause we don't have good enough ones!

Stones is one player, he can prevent scores but we can't win 0-0. we need attacking players of quality that can score. 20m in the pot every year won't get much nowadays with all the needs we have and all the oldies leaving.

You obviously watch a lot more of the U21 team than I do to be able to categorically write off the careers of Holgate, Pennington, Grant, Ledson, Kenny, Dowell , Walsh, Donohue, Davies and Henen

You obviously watch a lot more of the U21 team than I do to be able to categorically write off the careers of Holgate, Pennington, Grant, Ledson, Kenny, Dowell , Walsh, Donohue, Davies and Henen

i already mentioned holgate above. same is said about all of them, well see who actually makes it since we sell about 3-4 youngsters on average to lower league sides a year.