IGNORED

John Stones

Hes a kid and kids make mistakes, also he's been given bad advice.

We have to let him know we still want him hear and that he has our support,

While many would have crumbled under the pressure or refused to play the Spurs game due to the pressure, he stood up to be counted and helped keep a clean sheet that took guts. The boy has proved himself. Hes an Everton player and we need to show him why we are the peoples club, why we are a family, and why he should stay. He will never have another club, team mates or a group of fans like he has hear at Everton

And that's fair enough, but I don't think he should get any extra support over the rest of the side. He should just get the sort of support he'd normally get, just like the rest of the team. He's hardly deserving of any special support is he?

Hes a kid and kids make mistakes, also he's been given bad advice.

We have to let him know we still want him hear and that he has our support,

While many would have crumbled under the pressure or refused to play the Spurs game due to the pressure, he stood up to be counted and helped keep a clean sheet that took guts. The boy has proved himself. Hes an Everton player and we need to show him why we are the peoples club, why we are a family, and why he should stay. He will never have another club, team mates or a group of fans like he has hear at Everton

Just got highly praised by John Hartson on 5live for his attitude through all this, particularly in comparison to Berahino/Wanyama.

And that's fair enough, but I don't think he should get any extra support over the rest of the side. He should just get the sort of support he'd normally get, just like the rest of the team. He's hardly deserving of any special support is he?

Well yes, I think so. He's in a tough place and has gone through allot, that's when you need the support the most. I think the rest of the team would appreciate that too.

I'm not saying we should all don Stone's masks and demonstrate our support through rhythmic dance during the match. However I do think extra cheering when his name is read out, and a few verses of Money cant buy me Stones wouldn't go amiss.

Well yes, I think so. He's in a tough place and has gone through allot, that's when you need the support the most. I think the rest of the team would appreciate that too.

I'm not saying we should all don Stone's masks and demonstrate our support through rhythmic dance during the match. However I do think extra cheering when his name is read out, and a few verses of Money cant buy me Stones wouldn't go amiss.

If he was staying through a change of heart I'd give him extra support, but he's staying because we've made him stay. I'll not be joining in with any extra support, I'll clap and cheer his name when it's read out like everyone does every game. That's about it.

We did all that with Lescott and he basically stuck two fingers up at us.

I think he's a young lad who's took some very bad advice. I've no issue with what's gone on. I understand why he would want to go, while he's been forced to stay I want him to end up thinking it was the best thing for him. If a being a bit more vocal in support is what it takes, count me in.

I think he's a young lad who's took some very bad advice. I've no issue with what's gone on. I understand why he would want to go, while he's been forced to stay I want him to end up thinking it was the best thing for him. If a being a bit more vocal in support is what it takes, count me in.

this. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was his agent who handed in the request on his behalf.

Is Stones the best player in our team?

Does he wear his heart on his sleeve?

Does he bleed blue?

Mistake or not he still did it. It's up to him to prove it now.

I bleed blue... So worship me!

He's just a player for me who has a lot to prove for me. Good but only potential and worth 30m.

Fulfill that potential and you could be 50m but your not an Everton legend...you don't even want to be here.

I honestly feel for Stones. All this is a total head fuck for a 21 year old.

No doubt he would have been advised to put in a request by his agent. An agent who would made a lot of money from his transfer. Before that, the lad was more than happy.

Stones just wants to play football and have a good career. Like every pro out there, he wants to play at the highest level he possibly can. Win as many cups as he can. Get as many England caps as possible. Play in Europe every season. Play in the Euros and the World Cup. And make as much money as possible. Why? Because it's every boys dream and in just 15 years time it will be all over.

He doesn't need to bleed blue. He doesn't need to love the club. He doesn't need to grovel to fat pie eating beer guzzling know it all foul mouthed abusive blokes who can only but dream. All he needs to do is pull on that shirt with that famous motto and give it his all every week. And he is doing just that.

The lad is a good pro in my eyes, and I'm glad he is part of the club.

He does not have to bleed blue. He just has to do his best week in and week out like a pro.

Joey Barton claims to bleed blue but he should be no-where near our pitch.

Let him enjoy the club from the stands and watch pros like Stones defend.

Our job is to get behind him so that he can get back to being 100% focused on his job.

08:43
STONES UPDATE
Everton defender John Stones did not mean to hand in his transfer request, according to manager Roberto Martinez.
Stones is understood to have been the subject of three bids by Premier League champions Chelsea during this transfer window, yet the Toffees have remained resolute in their desire to keep hold of the 21-year-old.
Martinez said: "With John, it's very easy because he's a pristine professional. Obviously he's been put under massive, massive pressure. The transfer request was something he didn't mean to do

Makes me believe more and more that the agent put it in on his behalf and said to John "It'll be over before you know it, don't worry"...

Chelsea were using his agent and the media. How did the press know he was going to hand in a request?

It's backfired on Chelsea and stones had been the fa guy till our fans showed him great support.

He will get his head down, however I expect his requestto be withdrawn even if it was reejected.

Id say he was misguided alrite his agent is same as lescotts was trying to do his job and make a few bob, im sure Stones didn't think it would get the reaction it did especially from everton having none of it.

Lets see when the dust settles im sure he will have to comment on it at some point!

Not sure if I've missed this already, but after the sun reporting that Stones is staying in a hotel, I've just watched Sunday supplement on catch up from yesterday. One of the journalists on there said he had an issue with security, a burglary issue, from before the transfer saga began. He moved into the hotel due to that, not due to being harassed as the sun reported.

Everton 'won't be bullied'

55e52723-6498-4e92-9809-da3d805f84db.jpg

Martin Keown

Football Analyst on BBC Football Focus

Keeping John Stones is a victory for Everton. They won’t be bullied and pushed into a corner. Fair play to them. Hopefully everyone has his interests at heart, he’s still a young man. Everton fans will still sing his name, he will be a hero. I’d rather that than sitting on the bench at Chelsea with uncertainty. He put in a transfer request, his head was definitely turned. That gave Everton the chance to sell him but they didn’t want the money.