IGNORED

John Stones

I'd say we have a reputation for developing good young players and contesting towards the top of the league bar the top 4 - we're very likeable. Chelsea have a reputation for spending big and winning things as a result - not as likeable maybe but a hell of a lot more successful in the modern game.

You can work with someone who gets a job done but they behave like an absolute prick. That's Chelsea.

Football has gone to the dogs, it really has.

I am frustrated that Stones signed a 5 year deal worth 33 grand a week.

Looking at Chelsea's payroll they pay Cahill 112 grand a week. Terry gets 80 odd... Everton will do the deal once Stones asked to leave to save paying him his contract and I expect this to happen... 3-4x's his current salary is tough to pass up especially since there appears to be certainty at his position after the upcoming season providing Terry stays in form... could be sooner if Terry struggles early... careers are short...

If I'm Martinez I'd be looking for his replacement... and while we are at it sell Chelsea Baines also for 25-30 mil... we will survive without them... We will finish 8-15 but good enough... Our infrastructure does not allow us to compete...

Until we can compete with payroll this scenario will continue time and time again... Would the next Billionaire please stand up and take this club to where it should have gone long ago!!!

We pay Rom £75k a week. There is scope to reward him.

Haf said

Football has gone to the dogs, it really has.

In it for the money only....no sense of respect for the other teams....no sense of tradition.....no sense of honesty or loyalty.

Just to show you what's going on in OZ...the shite have been here and played to packed houses. I guarantee less than .5% of those attending have been a 'fan' for over 10 years.

Right now, Citeh, Roma, Inter and Real Madrid are here in the International Champions' Cup. The same 'fan' thing as above applies to Citeh. The others have a good fanbase here as there are hundreds of thousands of Italian immigrants here who also appreciate what Real have been and still are. True supporters.

Not your 'Johnny come lately I'll support them because they always win' shitheads.

Sounds like I'm green with envy....nah, just pissed off because the game I love has gone down the shitter!

If. And it's a big IF. If John does leave us, we get £40m+, plus a player of sorts, I wouldn't mind us going for that Dragovic who played against us for Kiev. He was a monster. Good in the air, played the ball well, composed. He'd cost £15m but he's Austria's captain and still pretty young.

The whole big club small club thing pisses me right off.

Here's a question.... Abramovich pulls his millions or whatever. How many of the supposed world wide support will still buy Chelsea shirts? How many of their 40k fans will turn up at Stamford bridge??? The answer is quite clear, very few.

Everton like Liverpool, like Man United, Man city, villa, spurs have lots of loyal territory support. That is a big club. The whole global thing is just a money spinner and they are their whilst thhey are doing well. That is all.

The whole big club small club thing pisses me right off.

Here's a question.... Abramovich pulls his millions or whatever. How many of the supposed world wide support will still buy Chelsea shirts? How many of their 40k fans will turn up at Stamford bridge??? The answer is quite clear, very few.

Everton like Liverpool, like Man United, Man city, villa, spurs have lots of loyal territory support. That is a big club. The whole global thing is just a money spinner and they are their whilst thhey are doing well. That is all.

Chelsea are a going concern, the russian pulls his money and there will be a line of other billionaires who want to buy it, the whole "global thing" is the whole thing, the BPL is way bigger than England now.

So just out of interest and to see what the response would be I sent an email to the FA regarding Chelsea and their pursuit of Stones. The response was "It is not appropriate for us to comment on this but should any club make a complaint to us about such an issue then we would investigate."

Aside from the cop out that is their response I guess the question is why the club hasn't made a complaint to the FA.

It's what he is worth to the club really..and the signal the final price sends out...plus 20% of the fee isn't ours

i understand, i'm just saying the transfer market is so strange. in england a good english player is worth up to 50m pounds (70m euros) and he has the promise to be top notch, meanwhile an actual top notch player is moving from one big club to another (they can afford to pay top notch) and he's 38m euros.

just the TV money inflation and stuff. very interesting though.

So just out of interest and to see what the response would be I sent an email to the FA regarding Chelsea and their pursuit of Stones. The response was "It is not appropriate for us to comment on this but should any club make a complaint to us about such an issue then we would investigate."

Aside from the cop out that is their response I guess the question is why the club hasn't made a complaint to the FA.

They may have done, and been classy enough not to broadcast the fact.

Quiet news week so lets regurgitate shite about Everton

It had gone really quiet on the Stones front, I guess it's gone too quiet for the papers and so they are moving out with random shite.

Haven't seen more of Blackett at United - is he any good?

It had gone really quiet on the Stones front, I guess it's gone too quiet for the papers and so they are moving out with random shite.

Haven't seen more of Blackett at United - is he any good?

He's a typical United youngster - he's ok but that lot big him up far beyond reality.

Cheers hadn't seen that I'd have Hernandez and Young not keen on the other two I'm not sure they'd let Young go LVG seems quite keen on him

Not everyones cup of tea but I'd consider Januzaj if it were upto me I think he's a talented lad