IGNORED

John Stones

I actually think 34m is worth more to us than Stones is.

Stones would be amazing for us if we were trying to perfect our squad...but reality is, we're not. Were building our squad.

I know Stones would be an ideal player to build around too, but we would need a hell of a lot of money to do that and we just don't have it.

Ok now I am ready to be slaughtered!

Stones would be amazing for us if we were trying to perfect our squad...but reality is, we're not. Were building our squad.

I know Stones would be an ideal player to build around too, but we would need a hell of a lot of money to do that and we just don't have it.

Its all and well saying that but seriously, if you decided to sell your Mercedes in order to make house rennovations are you saying you would sell for less than what lesser cars have been sold for???

From £34m we'd soon lose £3.4-£6.8m to Barnsley depending on sell-on then on the basis of who we're linked to spend £20m on 2 CBs e.g van Dijk and Dragovic - there's not a great deal left after that. I do think they'll be pressure to sell at £34m but do we need to at that price? I don't think we do.

I'd say for the 1st time in many years that we actually don't need to sell for money reasons, yes we haven't spent yet but Martinez did say that he'd use the whole window. I still expect us to spend another £15-£20m without selling Stones/McCarthy/Mirallas before the window closes.

Its all and well saying that but seriously, if you decided to sell your Mercedes in order to make house rennovations are you saying you would sell for less than what lesser cars have been sold for???

He hasn't got a fucking Mercedes to sell! Selling multimillion pound footballers has nothing to do with selling cars and house renovations!

You also have to factor in the agent fees and loyalty payments which at 30+ million are big. For instance, Fellaini was due a 4 million loyalty bonus from his 27.5 million transfer. The deal only went through because he forfeited it. And in 2013-14 we paid over 5 million in agent fees.

In that case you look to sell for as high as possible, you don't settle for £34m.

Can't believe people are saying sell for 34 million. He is only going to get better. We should demand 50 or keep him because this time next year he will be worth that. By the time we pay Barnsley, Agent fees, solicitor feeds etc we'll be lucky to have 22 million left buy 2 centre backs with that that are nowhere near as good and it's gone.

It has to be game changing money or no sale. We will get 50 mil for this lad in 1-2 seasons time.

If you owned an item that you were 90% certain would appreciate by almost double in 12-24 months time would you sell it today or hold on to it until it was worth more? Only way you sell now is if you're offered what it is going to appreciate to. Sure he can get a career threatening injury but that's the chance they will have to take. If not we'll keep him.

No way should we sell for any less.

I also can't believe people are believing the rags quoting 34 last I read we had NO INTENTION of selling him FULL STOP and I also read that Mourinho said if we said that they would stop bidding. We according to all the reports we have said it TWICE now so why are they reporting another bid. Is Jose not a man of his word?

It's becoming a matter of principle now also.

I do understand all what people are saying, but if rumours are true and he wants to go.....then I am bit sure holding onto him for another year is our best move.

I also agree that we should hold out for what we want, I am just saying that I think 34m is worth more to is that Stones.

50m is also worth more to use than Stones.

Would love to hear what he wants himself.

I do understand all what people are saying, but if rumours are true and he wants to go.....then I am bit sure holding onto him for another year is our best move.

I also agree that we should hold out for what we want, I am just saying that I think 34m is worth more to is that Stones.

50m is also worth more to use than Stones.

Would love to hear what he wants himself.

Suarez done ok at Liverpool, Baines stayed it does happen Shukes.

Unless he pushes for a move it's 51 million or he stays and gets his stock further.

For those with an aversion to analogies

Its a simple matter of this:-

1. What is his minimum value??? - for me he is actually worth £30m "NOW"

2. What is his likely status to be in the game within 2 years when he will still have 2 years left - England regular and a player who has alerted the likes of PSG, Real, Barca - because lets face it he's class and will get better and in that time the likes of Ramos etc etc will be getting past their best.

3. What sort of value is that? - in todays market that is £50m+

So why would you sell for anything less than £50m???

We hold all the aces for once, lets stop thinking like the clowns who have been running us.

2. What is his likely status to be in the game within 2 years when he will still have 2 years left - England regular and a player who has alerted the likes of PSG, Real, Barca - because lets face it he's class and will get better and in that time the likes of Ramos etc etc will be getting past their best.

We hold all the aces for once, lets stop thinking like the clowns who have been running us.

1937888-johnny_bravo_001.jpg

Spot on!

Don't know how to do the bow smiley on tapa

I see so we are a selling club and want to hold onto him until his prices rises.

Look I would rather keep him for good.

As Haf says he is worth 30m now. So if we get 30+ for him now, then I believe that's fair. But ONLY if he wants to go.

Best scenario is that it's all speculation and he is happy here. Then unless we get a stupid offer....keep him.

The o ly point I am trying to make is that if he goes for the tabloid price...then it's not the end of the world as the money would come in handy.

Hey I could buy a Mercedes if I had that type of money.

Another bid, inbound?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3179997/Chelsea-John-Stones-30m-bid-Manchester-clubs-monitor-Everton-defender-s-situation.html

Why are they bothering?

Proves Mourinho won't stick to his word.

Edit: Can we approach the FA now and pursuit a tapping up claim?

Edited by tenaciousj

Another bid, inbound?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3179997/Chelsea-John-Stones-30m-bid-Manchester-clubs-monitor-Everton-defender-s-situation.html

Why are they bothering?

Proves Mourinho won't stick to his word.

Edit: Can we approach the FA now and pursuit a tapping up claim?

yeah sky is reporting one at 30m is incoming as well. Mou is a serious twat, i hope the FA does something but won't be surprised when they don't do anything.

Mourinho and his mob are simply trying to unsettle and create as much media hype around the lad and bids as possible

As said we hold all the aces here and they know that hence the low bids and public statements from the bellend himself and his halfwit players

Nothing less then £50m and I hope other suitors come in for him aswel and he ends up elsewhere if he does leave this season that is