IGNORED

John Stones

I doubt if teams outside of the Uk would pay so much for him.

with the foreign players rule in europe chelsea united etc will be willing to pay more for him.

Not that Barcelona could sign him just now becuse of signing ban.

If Everton took players some players as part exchange how would that effect Barnsleys 20% cut?

I doubt if teams outside of the Uk would pay so much for him.

with the foreign players rule in europe chelsea united etc will be willing to pay more for him.

Not that Barcelona could sign him just now becuse of signing ban.

If Everton took players some players as part exchange how would that effect Barnsleys 20% cut?

I think that's what happened with Kone.

We got him but had to send his footballing brain back to his starting club as compensation....along with his right peg.

The lad who's writing these Stones' articles, Matt Law, is getting loads of stick on twitter from Evertonians. I used to go to school with him, 4yrs above me - massive Villa fan who walked into journalism through his dad who is/was a sports journo too.

I stand by I think we'll cave in at around £35m. I don't want us to but I just can't see us turning it down. I agree it's not enough but it probably will be for the people who are in a position to say yes or no.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11783906/.html

It'll show exactly where we're at as a club if we save at that sort of fee.

We can't even find the one back-up CB we need and want, imagine how well we'll do at getting that as well as a top quality starting CB. Good fucking luck. We'll get some second rate player in.

Another gem in the sly sports transfer centre....

EVERTON WORRIED ABOUT STONES

Everton are growing increasingly concerned that they won't be able to stop John Stones from signing for Chelsea, according to the Telegraph.

Toffees boss Roberto Martinez has insisted that the defender is not for sale, but that has not stopped Chelsea preparing a fresh £30million bid for the 21-year-old.

Everton are eyeing up moves for Manchester United's Jonny Evans, Celtic's Virgil van Dijk and Swansea's Ashley Williams as they look to bolster their centre-back options.

It's my own fault for reading it I suppose but it makes my fucking blood boil.

Andy Gray harking on about it now.

"Andy Gray says he expects John Stones to join @ChelseaFC for over £30m "

And this is quite worrying....

https://twitter.com/msmith850/status/628828762600288256

If we sell Stones before the season starts with no back ups brought in I'll give my season tickets back.

If we sell him then spend the money on replacements and not a penny more I swear to god this will be my last season ticket under this board.

How reliable is this fella?

Hi former part-time poster here who still dips his head in now and again, all the Stones stuff has got me narked enough to commit thoughts to screen again...

This Matt Smith fella, where the frigging hell does he get 'Everton won't be able to stop Stones signing for Chelsea' from? Unless I'm living in some parallel universe, I was under the impression we had him under a long term contract, which means WE have the power to say if, when, to whom and for how much he goes. So, and please correct me if I'm wrong, how the fuck can we be 'unable to stop' him? I'd love to put that one to our genius crack reporter and see what he says...

This whole saga and our general impotence in the transfer market is killing my interest in PL to be honest. If this hack is right, if Stones has decided he wants the bright lights of a club funded by a gangster and supported by racist thugs, and we, instead of reminding the boy he signed a 5 year contract and needs to knuckle down, cave in for way under his potential worth (50m plus as a starting point), I don't think I can be arsed with this season. Top level football is becoming a racket backed to the hilt by a snide, classless media. Clubs like ours need to start to take a stand against it, starting by defending our key assets from what has amounted to poaching in public. I'll be interested to see if our board has the spine to do it.

Rant over.

Hi former part-time poster here who still dips his head in now and again, all the Stones stuff has got me narked enough to commit thoughts to screen again...

This Matt Smith fella, where the frigging hell does he get 'Everton won't be able to stop Stones signing for Chelsea' from? Unless I'm living in some parallel universe, I was under the impression we had him under a long term contract, which means WE have the power to say if, when, to whom and for how much he goes. So, and please correct me if I'm wrong, how the fuck can we be 'unable to stop' him? I'd love to put that one to our genius crack reporter and see what he says...

This whole saga and our general impotence in the transfer market is killing my interest in PL to be honest. If this hack is right, if Stones has decided he wants the bright lights of a club funded by a gangster and supported by racist thugs, and we, instead of reminding the boy he signed a 5 year contract and needs to knuckle down, cave in for way under his potential worth (50m plus as a starting point), I don't think I can be arsed with this season. Top level football is becoming a racket backed to the hilt by a snide, classless media. Clubs like ours need to start to take a stand against it, starting by defending our key assets from what has amounted to poaching in public. I'll be interested to see if our board has the spine to do it.

Rant over.

Good post mate, you should post more often.

Is anyone surprised that people fall out of love with the game??? I know right now i'm pretty much getting tired of it.

You have Durham and Gough talking through the sale - enquiring as to why the two manchester clubs arent in for him... players coming out and giving interviews about how he should go here or there.... journalists just spouting pie in the sky fees.

Maybe we just accept that football clubs with less money than others aren't entitled to hold on to their players anymore? Hey why not just make the premier league made up of 5 richest clubs and the other clubs are just draft providers and we fight it out in some other league... maybe we scrap the whole concept of contracts - because apprently we cant hold on to a lad who signed up for another 4 years.

I'll reserve the rest of my anger for the board if we do sell this lad this year. I don't care if they offer £40m now - its not football manager 2015 and we have a war chest - this is about Everton being disrespetced left right and centre. We have heard nothing from the likes of Elstone or Kenwright - that lot up in the board room have no idea.

One week after watching Wayne run onto the pitch having amassed medals galore at Man United and we are still in the same old predicament. Sentiment counts for nothing, we need hard nosed business brains controlling our club, not suntanned bean counters.

John Terry's at it now. Openly courting him. How the fuck are they allowed to do this?

Why have we not complained to the FA yet?

Because we're Everton and we're nice and are gentlemen.

Fucking bollocks, I'd be emailing the FA demanding an investigation. The truth is we probably still owe Chelsea a big wedge off Lukaku so are trying to keep them sweet so they don't case us too hard for the money.

I guarantee we haven't paid for Lukaku yet.

As per my comment in the other thread - I actually think we have a confirmed "this is our price", if that gets met then you will see an influx of players. Chelsea are playing hardball to see if "the season starts next week" makes us lose our nerve and let him go for less.

I think the Man United stories etc were started by us - wouldn't surprise me in order to drum up interest. After all didn't Newcastle put in a bid for Rooney (Stretford had something to do with that - but wouldn't surprise me if the club were in on it) - United were prepared to wait a year I believe.

The Lukaku deal will be irrelevant, the payments will be structured under contract. I'm sure we are due to pay £10m this summer, (was it £3m upfront and two payments of £10m plus bonuses?).

If the club have no intention of selling him, make an actual statement to say he's not for sale at any price. Simple. Forget keeping quiet about it now, just end the speculation.

They want the money or they would have sorted it out by now.

There's been talk that Kenwright met with Bruce Buck to keep things amicable after the public comments about all of this deal. why not do the negotiations during this meeting if it happened?

The Lukaku deal will be irrelevant, the payments will be structured under contract. I'm sure we are due to pay £10m this summer, (was it £3m upfront and two payments of £10m plus bonuses?).

If the club have no intention of selling him, make an actual statement to say he's not for sale at any price. Simple. Forget keeping quiet about it now, just end the speculation.

They want the money or they would have sorted it out by now.

There's been talk that Kenwright met with Bruce Buck to keep things amicable after the public comments about all of this deal. why not do the negotiations during this meeting if it happened?

No - not after the NTL deal fiasco. Football clubs in precarious positions can't afford to make outlays without the guaranteed income as the other clubs would destroy us from a negotiation perspective. TV money or not - our P&L suggests that we can not make such investments without selling first.

I'm kinda preparing for Bill being interviewed talking about Stones being a fine young man who didn't owe the club anything but wanted to play for the champions in London.... giving it "listen, we've been here before its part and parcel of football, united sold ronaldo and I remember being in tears when we sold Alan Ball, the kid wanted to go and we arent the club to stop them"

Edited by Hafnia

Does anybody really expect us to be able to keep hold of Stones and keep him happy? The way this window has gone I doubt he'll be jumping to stay this time next year. We seem to be on a downward spiral. All the top players don't "appear" to be happy here. I don't blame them because we're an ordinary side under Martinez.

Does anybody really expect us to be able to keep hold of Stones and keep him happy? The way this window has gone I doubt he'll be jumping to stay this time next year. We seem to be on a downward spiral. All the top players don't "appear" to be happy here. I don't blame them because we're an ordinary side under Martinez.

I fully expect to keep him this season, him to grow, get better and be sold for close to 50 million next season.

That is what I fully expect from our board unless he stamps his feet.

The way I see it, the club really wants to keep him, and contractually they can do so. I suspect that Stones is happy here and wants to stay as well. However, Stones could earn 2 or 3 times what he's earning now, and that's the big danger. Does he want to stay enough to turn down an extra 50k or more a week? Would you? Transfer fees are one thing, but money talks the most in the realm of salaries. We wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player. The saving grace, maybe, is that he seems a down-to-earth sensible guy with a sensible and supportive family. Money isn't everything.