IGNORED

John Stones

I just think we are being shy and trying to get the best for our buck. What is our debt now? £50 mill? i imagine it is less. we have not spent for the last five years or so. id be astounded if we didnt have £30 mill to spend

debt went from 47m to 28m with the first chunk of the new TV deal if I remember correctly

I dont see that.I think Bill drives a hard bargain. As Danny Murphy said on Match of the day if Stones signs he goes straight in the team above Cahill.Granted he was poor for the second goal against Watford but even in January when Champion leagues clubs are struggling you will get £40 plus.

I dont see that.I think Bill drives a hard bargain. As Danny Murphy said on Match of the day if Stones signs he goes straight in the team above Cahill.Granted he was poor for the second goal against Watford but even in January when Champion leagues clubs are struggling you will get £40 plus.

I can't see him taking Cahill's place at all. More experienced, more solid, less prone to a mistake. If Stones goes its as Terry's replacement, which means little football until that horrible twat calls it a day.

Telegraph Sport says:

It is believed that Chelsea will have to structure a deal worth at least £34m to land Stones WHO WANTS TO MOVE TO STAMFORD BRIDGE.

Where did that come from? I thought Stones was only on record as saying he sees his future with Everton.

Didn't he make those comments before the first bid from Chelsea came in? Like MC says they're probably not far off and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go but it's on the basis that he won't rock the boat and will only talk to Chelsea if Everton accept a bid.

Everton wont sell Stones! Not now! Next year they might

I've thought this from the very first bid. We're too light at cb snyway to let him go and as the window gets later the chances are more slim. I did teeter on thinking he'd go to fund some ins but the feeling amongst fans at the minute I think if they sold him the board would literally be lynched.

i just cant see how City arent chasing him.That is one area they need. I can see us keeping him this year or until january and city giving us £40 mill. Dont know why but it makes sense. Dont forget John has ambition, he was going to Wigan before he had a call we were in for him. Maybe if Moyes was still here he would be on loan at Sheff Wed or back at Barnsley and not be a £30 million pound player. What im saying is i think he is probably open to a move but he needs to think and wait for another season

i just cant see how City arent chasing him.That is one area they need. I can see us keeping him this year or until january and city giving us £40 mill. Dont know why but it makes sense. Dont forget John has ambition, he was going to Wigan before he had a call we were in for him. Maybe if Moyes was still here he would be on loan at Sheff Wed or back at Barnsley and not be a £30 million pound player. What im saying is i think he is probably open to a move but he needs to think and wait for another season

spot on, the fact he's english seems like a slam dunk for man city. maybe they are just buying up cheap english bench players to fulfill their quota instead of trying to get starters (barring sterling). honestly i hope he goes to united or city or a euro team over chelski.

LOL a team that actually follows the rules, fancy that. definately sell to them in that case.

i was joking, more likely that there considering FFP and that signing Sterling and (supposedly) De Bruyne for 100m, they're not in contention.

This summer...