IGNORED

John Stones

In my opinion the following have been good signings.

Lukaku

Mccarthy

Barry

Robles

Jerry

That's considerably more than 10% of his signings for me.

Besic, Galloway and Henen should all prove to be good signings for the future. Cleverley on a free was a no brainer.

I'd only actually question the signings of McGeady, Alcaraz and Kone - none of who have been regular starters and to be fair, all relatively cheap.

Besic, Galloway and Henen should all prove to be good signings for the future. Cleverley on a free was a no brainer.

I'd only actually question the signings of McGeady, Alcaraz and Kone - none of who have been regular starters and to be fair, all relatively cheap.

agreed. his transfer dealings aren't an issue for me, its the lack of funds given to him to make the dealings that bothers me.

at least the board has a backbone, they are proving me wrong and i couldn't be happier.

I would say that Alcaraz on a free would've been a terrific signing had he been able to be fit more regularly. Very wise business.

McGeady also was on the cheap so it looked shrewd as he does seem to have ability, but is unable to mentally make the right decisions to make an impact.

I questioned Kone a bit more, but 6m for a striker that scored 12 goals the prior season for a relegated side isn't the worst bit of business, even if he was an older player.

I don't think anyone would've predicted Kone's massive knee injury or Alcaraz never being fit. Alcaraz had a mediocre fitness record prior to coming here but he really couldn't stay fit here.

Skysports claiming that a bid has been rejected of £25m.

Keep going Everton, don't be bullied. Hold out.

Makes you laugh though, the reaction of people on Social Media.

"Are Everton Crazy?", "Everton are going to ruin Stone's career"....erm, two points...that's what he's worth in comparison to other deals and secondly, chelsea fans claiming we're ruining his career is like the catholic church claiming that molesting boys is wrong. They've destroyed numerous young players over the years. Bought them as 'cattle' to ship out and make money from the loan fees.

Skysports claiming that a bid has been rejected of £25m.

Keep going Everton, don't be bullied. Hold out.

Makes you laugh though, the reaction of people on Social Media.

"Are Everton Crazy?", "Everton are going to ruin Stone's career"....erm, two points...that's what he's worth in comparison to other deals and secondly, chelsea fans claiming we're ruining his career is like the catholic church claiming that molesting boys is wrong. They've destroyed numerous young players over the years. Bought them as 'cattle' to ship out and make money from the loan fees.

LOL yes we've ruined his career by turning him from championship player to starting prem player to starting england player to 40m transfer. they are fucking idiots i hope stones goes to man united or real madrid or bayern. anywhere but that lot.

prepare for more media and mourinho disparaging remarks about everton. they can all screw themselves, you treat us with disrespect, you can pay double now MF''er.

Edited by markjazzbassist

£25m is an insult. To the club and to Stones. Shaw went for £30m and he's just an over rated chubby lad. Mangala went for £32m and he's a glorified Titus fucking Bramble. John Stones is the future of the England defence.

This is my thinking.

Compare him to prices paid previously, then add an extra £10m for English premium and you'll be closer.

It's not PSG trying to sign stones it's Chelsea so we can't compare, I think 35m is probably about right.

I don't see the difference. Chelsea can pay as much as they want for a player and he is worth what we deem him worth so if that figure is 50 million they will have to pay it if they want him that bad. If they wanted to they could they have the finacial ability to so unless Stones kicks up for a move we should just tell them 51 million or don't come back.

It's really that simple. Email sent saying either John Stones is not for sale at ANY price or the magic number is 51 million and it is NON NEGOTIABLE and tell them we wont even respond to anything they counter offer.

Said it before, unless he pushes for a move we hold ALL the cards here. His stock will a million percent rise of that I have no doubt, he is tied down to a long contract and he is only 21. We can dictate. If they don't want to pay it they don't get him. He carries on getting better a PSG, United, Barca, City or Real will pay 50 for him.

We really should play major hardball over this.

I think Luiz needs to just go down as a one off freak inflated fee similar to when the shite paid £35m for Carroll. As the selling club Luiz should be out benchmark but Mangala is probably a more likely benchmark at £32m - yes he's been shite but he was a young, highly regarded and sought after international when Porto sold him. £35m is the fee which would worry me as I don't want us to sell and think Martinez would be under pressure to at that price.

It's clear that we either haven't told Chelsea he's not for sale or John himself (or more likely his agent) is showing some interest in the move as Chelsea have come back with another bid. If neither of these are true then either club or player need to make an official statement (unless of course we're just toying with Chelsea!!!)

I think Luiz needs to just go down as a one off freak inflated fee similar to when the shite paid £35m for Carroll. As the selling club Luiz should be out benchmark but Mangala is probably a more likely benchmark at £32m - yes he's been shite but he was a young, highly regarded and sought after international when Porto sold him. £35m is the fee which would worry me as I don't want us to sell and think Martinez would be under pressure to at that price.

It's clear that we either haven't told Chelsea he's not for sale or John himself (or more likely his agent) is showing some interest in the move as Chelsea have come back with another bid. If neither of these are true then either club or player need to make an official statement (unless of course we're just toying with Chelsea!!!)

Whether the Luiz fee is considered a freak inflated fee or not it sets a bench mark and unfortunately for Chelsea they are the ones that benefitted from that bit of business so it's fair enough for us to turn around and use that as a specific example.

I really don't want him to be sold but this has the potential to become an absolute clusterfuck for us.

Chelsea get closer and closer to a magic number. Board feels pressure to sell but has in the past made it clear that Martinez has the final say. If they approach the magic number then that's going to be a difficult conversation with Martinez and absolute worst case scenario he says 'you sell, I leave', the sale goes through, Martinez walks.

Some of the reports are saying that Stones would like to play for Mourinho but that he is relaxed about the situation that the bids are being turned down. How relaxed he is about the situation could drastically change come the end of August when that clock starts ticking more loudly.

On top of Martinez getting pissed off and walking we are then 1 month into a season with a new CB partnership and a new manager.

Edited by NYBlue

I don't see the difference. Chelsea can pay as much as they want for a player and he is worth what we deem him worth so if that figure is 50 million they will have to pay it if they want him that bad. If they wanted to they could they have the finacial ability to so unless Stones kicks up for a move we should just tell them 51 million or don't come back.

It's really that simple. Email sent saying either John Stones is not for sale at ANY price or the magic number is 51 million and it is NON NEGOTIABLE and tell them we wont even respond to anything they counter offer.

Said it before, unless he pushes for a move we hold ALL the cards here. His stock will a million percent rise of that I have no doubt, he is tied down to a long contract and he is only 21. We can dictate. If they don't want to pay it they don't get him. He carries on getting better a PSG, United, Barca, City or Real will pay 50 for him.

spot on.

sky now reporting

Some further developments concerning John Stones, with a topEverton official telling us this evening that they have "no intention" of selling the defender.

Sky sources understand the Toffees rejected a second bid from Chelsea this afternoon and the Premier League champions have apparently been told twice that the player is not for sale and is staying with Everton.

sky now reporting

Some further developments concerning John Stones, with a topEverton official telling us this evening that they have "no intention" of selling the defender.

Sky sources understand the Toffees rejected a second bid from Chelsea this afternoon and the Premier League champions have apparently been told twice that the player is not for sale and is staying with Everton.

And Mourinho said Chelsea would stop bidding if we told them that. The mans full of shit.

great post paddock

Unless you are prepared to come back with an offer of 55 million (fifty five) then kindly take your offer and shove it up your Portugese managers arse as he quite clearly has his head up there so could perhaps read it better from that angle.

This gave me a good laugh.

Wow, the club have done an excellent job of lowering the expectations and valuations of fans. We have a fuckin great centre half, on a 4-5 year deal, they are desperate to sign him.... Yeah let's accept £15m less than what they took for crusty the clown or the shite took for sterling who was running his contract down....

Rules them out then...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/594794/Chelsea-John-Stones-Everton-30m-summer-transfer-window

I see him being worth a lot more this time next year when the EPL will be even richer!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-john-stones-chelsea-6161434

He'll go (don't want him to, just being realistic) but we need this to be on our terms when we're ready for more reasons than just monetary.

Wow, the club have done an excellent job of lowering the expectations and valuations of fans. We have a fuckin great centre half, on a 4-5 year deal, they are desperate to sign him.... Yeah let's accept £15m less than what they took for crusty the clown or the shite took for sterling who was running his contract down....

Is that happening? I must've missed it.