IGNORED

John Stones

It does seem like that. However I now see all this press as an opportunity to ask for more and more.

Sylvain needs to remember how this little club could have got into an FA Cup final to play the supposed big club if he didnt play Luis Suarez through to get Liverpool into the game when they looked beaten.

Petulent man.

I have no problem with what he said.

I think he got a raw deal from a clueless manager

he gave us excellent service for no money and yet was cast into the reserves by a manger who can not spell defence never mind organise one.

Like I said very little for 5 + years as a very solid defender

£5m was very high for a "solid" defender in his thirties five years ago. Think virtually everyone thought it was a bad move at the time.

We also paid him handsomely, which was why I think, "he gave us excellent service for no money" is a hell of a stretch.

And he stopped playing for the first team because he wasn't good enough any more. He was dropped, happens to players all the time.

I watched the interview earlier today before I read the link on here and he didn't seem to say anything in a disrespectful way he basically said what most of us would if honestly asked

We are by no means a small club but we are by no means in todays world where money and trophies talk a big club either historically fan base wise etc we are to an extent but in truth what he said is right

£5m was very high for a "solid" defender in his thirties five years ago. Think virtually everyone thought it was a bad move at the time.

We also paid him handsomely, which was why I think, "he gave us excellent service for no money" is a hell of a stretch.

And he stopped playing for the first team because he wasn't good enough any more. He was dropped, happens to players all the time.

Agreed..The guy is is a physical freak but was always gonna get to the day when he wasn't first choice

Does seem a decent bloke though so I don't think it would have been disrespectful...it's true for starters

This.

By the time he was dropped he simply wasn't good enough for the first team anymore.

A clueless manager would have kept him in the team based on past performances.

Getting bored with the "Martinez dont know this and that crowd". When i talk to any football fan, regardless of which club they support, they all seem to think that we have a great manager in RM. I agree 100%

He dropped Distin when he wasnt good enough to play. Who should he have been on instead of? Stones or Jags? A fit Alcaraz was the better option too. Distin looked really shaky last season. One of the reasons that we got such a poor start and lost so much confidence in the back four. He was a really good Everton player before that but was left wanting last season.

Getting bored with the "Martinez dont know this and that crowd". When i talk to any football fan, regardless of which club they support, they all seem to think that we have a great manager in RM. I agree 100%

He dropped Distin when he wasnt good enough to play. Who should he have been on instead of? Stones or Jags? A fit Alcaraz was the better option too. Distin looked really shaky last season. One of the reasons that we got such a poor start and lost so much confidence in the back four. He was a really good Everton player before that but was left wanting last season.

I thought it should have been Jags dropped at the time when Distin was dropped.

Then why does he persist with players like Kone, McGeady, Barry? When they've all had horrors the year just gone.

Neither do I. I don't think he said it in a disrespectful way at all.

He said on Twitter that he didn't mean any disrespect by it. I think he meant to compliment Stones more than take a dig at Everton. I'll believe him because I think he's an honest guy and I don't see the point in getting angry over nothing.

I think he got a raw deal from a clueless manager

he gave us excellent service for no money and yet was cast into the reserves by a manger who can not spell defence never mind organise one.

Yeah, not sure why he got cast into the reserves. It's a shame he clearly has lost a bit of ability over the past year or so because I had always wondered if he'd be wearing our shirt at age 40!

Yeah, not sure why he got cast into the reserves. It's a shame he clearly has lost a bit of ability over the past year or so because I had always wondered if he'd be wearing our shirt at age 40!

Don't get the dramatic language, he wasn't "cast" anywhere. He turned out for the reserves to keep match fit in case we needed him, as did many other first team squad members over the year (as they do every year).

5 mil was peanuts for a quality CB all that experience he made us solid at the back as for being dropped for not being good enough

you mean for bird man by a manager who does not practice defending corners or anything else to do with defence for that matter

he is just leading us down the same street as last season

its funny all the players other people want is moyes people