IGNORED

John Stones

Because the nucleus of this team could well disappear even if Stones is not sold. 50 million is a ridiculous amount for a defender and there's no point in comparing that to a forward's price.

Sadly I agree with you. £50m is just unrealistic. We know his worth to us and yes he is invaluable but everybody has their price and unfortunately defenders don't go for that type of money. We're talking about a player who WILL go all the way but at the moment he's still a little raw.

If he goes the deal will be done at close to £35m.

With the likes of Luiz £50m Shaw £27m

Mangala £42.9m in recent history and the

likes of Johnson Bosingwa Zhirkov Carvalho all selling for around £20m in or just beyond the last decade with inflation and the added wealth of the league and clubs would equate to more now

£50m isn't unrealistic at all for a player who can be fairly well compared to Ferdinand who sold for £30m 13 years ago at the age of 23 two years John's senior

Mangala went for £34m? Certainly not £42m. It will ultimately boil down to player power. Stones cones across as a well grounded fella. However we run the risk of losing him for a lot less if we have another poor season - he'll want the move. Pretty certain he'd take it now

Mangala went for £34m? Certainly not £42m. It will ultimately boil down to player power. Stones cones across as a well grounded fella. However we run the risk of losing him for a lot less if we have another poor season - he'll want the move. Pretty certain he'd take it now

"It was reported in the English media that Mangala cost City £32m but Porto confirmed to the stock market that City paid 30.5m (£24.3m) for their 56.67% share of the defender. He was partly owned by a third party called Doyen Sports (illegal in English football), and if their stake was given a similar value, then in total Mangala's cost is actually in the region of 54m (£43m)"

They bought him out fully but only the Porto fee was first reported it's a speculative "full amount" but as said above when they bought the rest of his stock if you will they would have likely paid a similar fee as they did to Porto

Edited by EFC-Paul

With the likes of Luiz £50m Shaw £27m

Mangala £42.9m in recent history and the

likes of Johnson Bosingwa Zhirkov Carvalho all selling for around £20m in or just beyond the last decade with inflation and the added wealth of the league and clubs would equate to more now

£50m isn't unrealistic at all for a player who can be fairly well compared to Ferdinand who sold for £30m 13 years ago at the age of 23 two years John's senior

Everyone understands Luiz was a completely ridiculous deal. Comparing any other deals to that is just unrealistic. Mangala price is wrong. Shaw at 27 million is almost half of the 50 million.

50 million is unrealistic in the sense that if someone really offered that for Stones, he'd be gone in a flash. Everton is not in a position to turn down that sort of offer.

Everyone understands Luiz was a completely ridiculous deal. Comparing any other deals to that is just unrealistic. Mangala price is wrong. Shaw at 27 million is almost half of the 50 million.

50 million is unrealistic in the sense that if someone really offered that for Stones, he'd be gone in a flash. Everton is not in a position to turn down that sort of offer.

Managala price is right, which surprised me!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/eliaquim-mangala-joins-manchester-city-agent-reportedly-scoops-142m-as-mangala-becomes-most-expensive-premier-league-defender-9662216.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/09/manchester-city-eliaquim-mangala-inconsistency

50m for a player like John is easily realistic. We won't see it because we need money, and if 35-40m comes in and the approaching team play hard ball, we could easily lose out. If the board stand firm, which they have done in the past, we could get 50m.

Managala price is right, which surprised me!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/eliaquim-mangala-joins-manchester-city-agent-reportedly-scoops-142m-as-mangala-becomes-most-expensive-premier-league-defender-9662216.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/09/manchester-city-eliaquim-mangala-inconsistency

50m for a player like John is easily realistic. We won't see it because we need money, and if 35-40m comes in and the approaching team play hard ball, we could easily lose out. If the board stand firm, which they have done in the past, we could get 50m.

The only side that pays "silly" money like that is City & they look to be signing Otemendi for £35m. We're talking about a 21 year old here.... A lot of it is still potential based. You'd have to be completely mad to pay that. I'd put my house on it we won't get £50m

The only side that pays "silly" money like that is City & they look to be signing Otemendi for £35m. We're talking about a 21 year old here.... A lot of it is still potential based. You'd have to be completely mad to pay that. I'd put my house on it we won't get £50m

Sterling is how old again, and went for how much?

I don't think we'd get 50m, as I explained above, but that should be the benchmark for anyone who comes knocking.

Sterling is how old again, and went for how much?

I don't think we'd get 50m, as I explained above, but that should be the benchmark for anyone who comes knocking.

We keep rolling off players who've gone to City.... As I said they'd be the only club willing to pay silly money.

I think you'd find that the Mangala fee is correct and it may seem unrealistic to yourself but it may not to others and everyone is fully aware that if that kind of offer came in he'd be gone hence why people suggest such a fee

Stones is twice the player that Shaw is fairly quick wingbacks with an average end product are ten to the dozen I'd rather have Garbutt then Shaw

If he was sold we have to hand a large chunk of whatever fee we'd receive to Barnsley which is I'm sure in many people's minds when people are making valuationsas I'm sure it would play a huge factor to what the club would value him at also

The Luiz fee was ridiculous but that's because most people can see he's a headless chicken who hits a worldy once every so often and Stones is a much better defender

Edited by EFC-Paul

No one is saying we will receive £50m MC it's just what people believe he is worth and it's not only Chelsea that people are assuming would pay that there's reports of United and City circling more and more each day also

I don't think he'll go anywhere this season unless the likes of Chelsea make such a bid but I will gladly be vaulted with this one if he has a good season you can bet your bottom dollar he will go for that kind of figure next season

Yar. I give up. You keep telling Barkley is worth trillions and Lukaku zillions and McCarty shitloads more than we paid for him (any offers under 30 million should be laughed at). When any other group of supporters overestimate the price of their players you lot start new threads laughing at the idiots.

Yar. I give up. You keep telling Barkley is worth trillions and Lukaku zillions and McCarty shitloads more than we paid for him (any offers under 30 million should be laughed at). When any other group of supporters overestimate the price of their players you lot start new threads laughing at the idiots.

You use players who aren't English and were sold before TV revenue. Time are changing bro get wit em

Sterling was 49m, stones is as good and isn't a whiny bitch, that's worth 1m extra. 50m. Delph and Roberts aren't world beaters, they're solid but that's why they weren't valued so high. Other than that there's no other English players post FA ruling and TV deal to speak about in regards to transfers. Small sample size

Edited by markjazzbassist

Who's said those things? Various people on here have a very varying opinion on the players you've mentioned and their value ability and potential so don't band everyone who doesn't agree with you under one banner

I'll be honest you seem come across very self assured and pompous with a lot of the stuff you post labeling people gullible stupid etc just face the fact that people won't always agree with your opinion nor mine or anyone else's

Spoke to my mate last night who is a full on student of the game (hungarian) - watches matches all over the world. He is obsessed with the milan team of the 90's.

Anyway - his thoughts are that Stones will be the best centre half in the world and there is no one like him in the prem. He said we would be daft to sell him unless they make a daft offer as he allows the team to play the way martinez wants us to.

He said whoever gets him from the top 4 will win more titles and champs leagues because of him - big shout.

We keep rolling off players who've gone to City.... As I said they'd be the only club willing to pay silly money.

Fair enough, but they are also the a club wanting the best players to compete for the league and CL. They've proven that they will do, and I can see Chelsea panicking a bit thus creating a bidding war.

Spoke to my mate last night who is a full on student of the game (hungarian) - watches matches all over the world. He is obsessed with the milan team of the 90's.

Anyway - his thoughts are that Stones will be the best centre half in the world and there is no one like him in the prem. He said we would be daft to sell him unless they make a daft offer as he allows the team to play the way martinez wants us to.

He said whoever gets him from the top 4 will win more titles and champs leagues because of him - big shout.

For me personally, I don't think I've ever seen a more mature, assured and athletic Centre Back at his age, in the last 15 years in the prem, let alone an English one.

Guest rusty747

We have a lot of youngsters establishing themselves as a premier force now - many of them English. Galloway, Browning, Stones, Garbutt, Ledson, Barkley, Mcaleny, Lukaku, McCarthy, Besic, Del boy,to name but a few.

We need to make a statement that all this talent is building for our future, not other teams futures. We must therefore keep Stones at all costs. Not just the financial one.

For me personally, I don't think I've ever seen a more mature, assured and athletic Centre Back at his age, in the last 15 years in the prem, let alone an English one.

Woodgate was a bit good as a teenager at Leeds. Composed, assured, read the game brilliantly. Shame he was a tit.

more pro-chelsea garbage.

"That has only strengthened Everton’s resolve to try to hold out for as much as possible, while publically insisting Stones is not for sale."

or we really don't want to sell him you ignorant idiots!

Brace yourself Rodney, brace yourself

I think we will get offered £35 mil in the next couple of days, we'll turn that down, then £40 mil final offer from Chelsea, I think they are desperate for a new centre back. I think will accept it. I just have a hunch.

RM loves Cuadrado. It's at least conceivable to me that we'd take £35m + Cuadrado. I wouldn't predict it, don't want that deal, and still think Stones will play for Everton in 2015-16. After that, unless we are top 5 next May, maybe even unless we get 4th and CL, Stones probably will go.

The only way Cuadrado is included in that deal is as a loan signing. There is no chance whatsoever of them offering £35m and a player that cost over £20m.

The papers are saying Chelsea will come back with £30m but that we want £40m. After the stance Martinez has taken over this (and quite rightly too) he'll look very stupid if we accept a bid for Stones (unless it's a silly amount).