IGNORED

Referees

This may have been covered before but obviously because of our last two away games we have been dealt a shit hand. However, after watching other matches and seeing the inconsistencies across the opening premier league fixtures the mind boggles on how shit the standard is. The ref that sent jags off was adamant that was a red but fails to notice the ball being put 7 yards in front of where the foul took place and then in his next game he sees Kennedy blatantly kicking a player off the ball and doesn’t give him a card! I’m not just picking him out, they are all shite. Got a feeling this will be like this all season 

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

The refs need support and they’re not getting it. The FA need to show them this rather than token gestures 

Doesn't help that most of them are absolutely shite at football so don't understand the game, they just know rules. Even worse is it attracts a certain kind of power hungry nobheads that don't like that they're shite so have a need to feel bigger and better than the players. Too many times you watch a match and it's all about the referee. A good ref you don't notice, yet we all know every ref in the prem and they make sure the top clubs have it easier. Time for a upheaval and start getting less bias foreign refs under a new branch. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Doesn't help that most of them are absolutely shite at football so don't understand the game, they just know rules. Even worse is it attracts a certain kind of power hungry nobheads that don't like that they're shite so have a need to feel bigger and better than the players. Too many times you watch a match and it's all about the referee. A good ref you don't notice, yet we all know every ref in the prem and they make sure the top clubs have it easier. Time for a upheaval and start getting less bias foreign refs under a new branch. 

Agreed notice how much hell the foreign refs get at the World Cup cause they actually call fouls and cards on the favorites.  

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

Same as every season; it's a tough job a lot of which is down to players being "clever" but the sooner VAR is put in place the better imo.

I was surprised that it wasn't given the green light to be honest. Even Spain (where there is a lot of verbal corruption) has implemented it yet we're lagging behind. I'm sure that it will be a feature for the 2019/20 season but I don't know how much more testing they need to see when it was done so well in the World Cup?

5 minutes ago, johnh said:

All the refs at the World Cup were foreign.  An indication of the deteriorating qualities of English refs.

Not really. 

Each nation is represented by one referee, the chosen official from England was Mark Clattenburg but he surrendered that place when he moved to the Saudi Arabia. The fact that England wasn't represented in Russia didn't have anything at all to do with the standards in this country. 

17 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I was surprised that it wasn't given the green light to be honest. Even Spain (where there is a lot of verbal corruption) has implemented it yet we're lagging behind. I'm sure that it will be a feature for the 2019/20 season but I don't know how much more testing they need to see when it was done so well in the World Cup?

Not really. 

Each nation is represented by one referee, the chosen official from England was Mark Clattenburg but he surrendered that place when he moved to the Saudi Arabia. The fact that England wasn't represented in Russia didn't have anything at all to do with the standards in this country. 

Well the FA requested a replacement for Clattenburg and FIFA refused.  They must have seen Lee Probert ref!

Bad when a "top Ref" quits and then everyone presumes he's been noncing a dog too. Bobby Madley was shit but look at the abuse he has got online, that's going to discourage some from becoming refs and in turn stop a potentially a good ref. They are all shite in this country though, never consistent and show clear favouritism to some.

10 minutes ago, aaron said:

Bad when a "top Ref" quits and then everyone presumes he's been noncing a dog too. Bobby Madley was shit but look at the abuse he has got online, that's going to discourage some from becoming refs and in turn stop a potentially a good ref. They are all shite in this country though, never consistent and show clear favouritism to some.

The cynic in me thinks they're instructed to. Talk about conspiracy theories, but I've got a pretty obvious one going around my head involving the refs, the FA and the media

the FA should take the same stance as the top teams, buy the best talent from around the world.  Surely a spanish/french/american/danish/etc. ref offered top wages and a job in the premier league would jump at the chance.  Recruit the best refs from other leagues and get the standard up over here.  simple as that. 

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

the FA should take the same stance as the top teams, buy the best talent from around the world.  Surely a spanish/french/american/danish/etc. ref offered top wages and a job in the premier league would jump at the chance.  Recruit the best refs from other leagues and get the standard up over here.  simple as that. 

Very good thought that, wonder why it's not been done?