IGNORED

Jesus Corona

hell no.  he was reported to be the second coming but he hasn't lived up to the hype.  he's 27 and not even a star for Mexico or porto (whereas Jimenez and Lozano are), also 44m is just stupid for what we'd get.  he's no better than walcott and we paid 20m.  firm no from me.  i've seen him play many times for mexico, nothing to write home about.

He's a decent option for Porto, but given his age would only really give a maximum of three years until heading into the twilight stage of his career, I don't think he is a big enough name to command such a late transfer - there's countless players half his age that would do a similar job or better, not to mention that it's not an area of the pitch that we desperately need to strengthen. 

Liga NOS (Portugal), like the Eridivisie (Holland) is at the top of the "B" tier for me and unfortunately players can look a lot better than they are due to the standard of opposition. For every João Felix you'll find a Renato Sanches, with no guarantee of what is being purchased. It's a big step up to play in England and not one that every export can deal with. 

It's just too much of a gamble for me, Porto and Benfica are renowned for being tough negotiators, simply because they have to be in order to compete in Europe so we would not be signing Corona on the cheap, he'd be a considerable transfer. 

It's a no from me, although I don't believe we're in for him. He seems to go against the foundations that Brands' has been building and for what we would spend, money could be put to better use (i.e - off the top of my head, Grealish).