IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Sounds like a minefield, if you have to return to the UK what part of the country would better suit your employment talents, or wouldn’t that be an issue. 

It's a bloody nightmare trying to move home - it's almost like they've kept an eye on my rantings and don't want me back :lol: . We looked into it before we had E and it was a nightmare then. At least E is a "bargaining chip" to guarantee C gets a spouse Visa (apparently I'm not enough to get my wife into the country alone whilst searching for a job, but doesn't look like the Torys are willing to split up the "right kind of families" just yet). That and ironically the immigration laws relaxed last year for many countries wanting to visit the UK, so we don't have to declare a tourist visa anymore.

If/When we move, it'll be to the Wirral, Liverpool or Chester. Anything within a short commute to family, which is 95% of the reason (getting my season ticket back is in the back of my mind too!) and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, no offence to the non-North Westerners! 

We could stay in Switzerland and try and couch surf after June for another 6-12 months as the amount of benefits I've paid here over the years puts me at 18 months, but that's just going to be more of a stress. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's a bloody nightmare trying to move home - it's almost like they've kept an eye on my rantings and don't want me back :lol: . We looked into it before we had E and it was a nightmare then. At least E is a "bargaining chip" to guarantee C gets a spouse Visa (apparently I'm not enough to get my wife into the country alone whilst searching for a job, but doesn't look like the Torys are willing to split up the "right kind of families" just yet). That and ironically the immigration laws relaxed last year for many countries wanting to visit the UK, so we don't have to declare a tourist visa anymore.

If/When we move, it'll be to the Wirral, Liverpool or Chester. Anything within a short commute to family, which is 95% of the reason (getting my season ticket back is in the back of my mind too!) and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, no offence to the non-North Westerners! 

We could stay in Switzerland and try and couch surf after June for another 6-12 months as the amount of benefits I've paid here over the years puts me at 18 months, but that's just going to be more of a stress. 

Someone’s grassed you up on the ranting front, if the area’s you are looking at can offer you the work rewards you are looking for then great, sometimes things have a habit of turning out for the better mate. 

On 16/01/2020 at 06:33, MikeO said:

Just heard people talking about this test on the radio so thought I'd have a go, got 9/14.

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/superrecogniser

On 16/01/2020 at 08:34, Matt said:

12 :P Only one I knew I got wrong was the last one. Think number 12 too because I hesitated

12/14 😎 I think I missed number 13 but couldn't tell you the other one. 

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

I tried again and instead of looking for specific features just looked and went on instinct......and I still got 9😂

That's that theory out of the window.

I looked for 5 things: hairline, nose shape, ear shape, lip shape, and any markings such as moles/scars/etc. Granted, there's not a lot of time to really take in all of them, but I usually clung onto the most unique. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I looked for 5 things: hairline, nose shape, ear shape, lip shape, and any markings such as moles/scars/etc. Granted, there's not a lot of time to really take in all of them, but I usually clung onto the most unique. 

Eye sockets too for me, then went with my immediate reaction (that’s how I knew which 2 I had wrong and knew as I was selecting them)

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sad day for Monty Python fans...and then there were four.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30116194

Capture.JPG

Only 77 no age really, that was one of the must see TV shows to watch when I was a kid, talking about  and reenacting in the playground the next day, mind you so was the Banana Splits so make of that what you will. 

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Only 77 no age really, that was one of the must see TV shows to watch when I was a kid, talking about  and reenacting in the playground the next day, mind you so was the Banana Splits so make of that what you will. 

Was never a Banana Splits man myself.

I happened to mention yesterday about my age now I’m being bombarded with ads for Stannah stairlifts, talk about a kick in the bollocks to your thoughts😀
I hate these ads when they troll everything you say or look at, I’m now expecting dating sites that require you to own a stairlift or live in a bungalow to come flooding through, wankers😂

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Great concept why isn’t it more generally known this is the first I’ve heard of tree card and I love it

Likewise, that video had exactly 28 views since being posted in August when I saw it. They've just gone on sale in out little village chemist, only £2.50.

• 2 weeks later...

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

I agree. Carey is one of the good ones. 

17 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I agree. Carey is one of the good ones. 

There's only the one mark I know against him but think it would be unfair to blame him for his ex taking her own life. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jim-carrey-catriona-white-suicide-cocaine-prostitutes-herpes-wrongful-death-lawsuit-std-a7975251.html%3famp

56 minutes ago, pete0 said:

There's only the one mark I know against him but think it would be unfair to blame him for his ex taking her own life. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jim-carrey-catriona-white-suicide-cocaine-prostitutes-herpes-wrongful-death-lawsuit-std-a7975251.html%3famp

Oof. Michael Avenatti was her/her family's lawyer? That dude is scum. He's currently going to trial for extortion and fraud. 

I'm not dismissing the accusations against Carey or anything. I just find it interesting that Avenatti is involved. 

13 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Oof. Michael Avenatti was her/her family's lawyer? That dude is scum. He's currently going to trial for extortion and fraud. 

I'm not dismissing the accusations against Carey or anything. I just find it interesting that Avenatti is involved. 

No idea about the lawyer. But I'd like to give Carrey the benefit of the doubt. Liar Liar, the Mask and Dumb and Dumber are my childhood classics. 

18 hours ago, pete0 said:

Fucking context and basic understanding of language required here