IGNORED

Michael Owen

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I would have to say i would be all for Michael Owen joining us. For 1 he is still good enough, he will probably get maybe 10 - 15 goals a season and for nothing but his wages to pay would be worth it. Also his professionalism and role model status for the younger lads would be a huge bonus.

Definitely go for it.

Can only see good from this.

Guest efctaxi

I've been against the idea for some time , but I'm starting to wonder if he might be worth taking a risk on .

No signing on fee , within our wage structure , and affordable ?

Let's see what happens .

Would we play 2 strikers though ?

I'd also like Jo back too .

From one of the guys on the Teamtalk forum...lol

blueblood1988 (Everton fan)

Posted 21/06/2009 @ 20:47 View all blueblood1988's posts

Owen is a done deal, FACT. My dads ex work colleague lives in north wales and is very close with michael owen's family he is housekeeper/dogwalker for them when they are away on vacation and horse race meetings, Owen has accepted £40,000 a week with an additional bonus of £20,000 a week for every goal he scores. Will be announced wednesday to thursday this week. 110% fact if this deal dosent go through i will never post on here again but i can safely say that won't be happening. NSNO

Saha is not, never has been and never will be, on a pay as you play contract. It's complete fabrication.

He came to the club injured and offered to not be paid until he was fit, but we did not do that. There has never been anything to suggest he was on pay as you play. Simply because he never was.

well said mate, I think he did offer to go without pay untill he was fit If I remember right, something along them lines but nothing come of it.

I would love Owen to prove me wrong, however watching the game so long and comparing him now to the player he was is scary, no pace, no left foot, quicker stronger defenders have totally taken away everything he had to offer. Louis Saha although injury prone is still a great athlete on his game, with two great feet, good in the air and can hold ball up.

I hope we get him. Everyone keeps writing him off, saying that Owen is finished. But I have always believed that Moyes could turn Owen around and get him playing for england once again. Phil Brown hasn't got the qualities that Moyes has. Moyes has already proved himself in turning players around just look at Jo, Arteta, Lescott and Pienaar. Arteta and Pienaar where both average players when they signed, but now they have developed into world class players. Lescott was an average 5mill player who came from Wolves, and now he's an england center back (well when ferdinand can't play anyway :P) who Man City now value at 15mill. Jo was terrible at city, and then amazing at everton.

If we could land owen, I recon he could be in South Africa next year.

In moyes we trust.

COYB X

Edited by EFC247

Sure Moyes does seem to get the best out of some players, but it's Owen physical condition that is a problem, he needs the player on the pitch to motivate him.THAT is what owens problem is, not motivation.Bodies tend to break down a bit as you get older, not get stronger.

Moyes couldn't get past VDM's problems to get him onto the pitch, could well be the same with Owen.

Unless he's really cheap, stick with the Yak, Sahah, Vaughan, Cahill and Anichebe.You might say alot of them have injuries.........so why add Owen to our problems?