IGNORED

Pre-season

dark

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a good work-out for the boys and they looked very comfortable. Of the youth players Wallace stood out for me and I expect him to be on the bench a lot next season, with appearances in the early rounds of the cups. Of our first-teamers I thought Neville had a very good game for us and Baines got better and better as the game went on.

Hopefully by the time we play our next pre-season game we'll have a new face onboard.

Thought Jo was outstanding myself. Few sloppy touches early on but I'm really optimistic on his season at Everton once he gets games. Saha was good but I don't think he was playing in the right position. Seemed to be too deep for me, though he linked well with Jo and I can see Saha working well with the Yak.

Thought Jo was outstanding myself. Few sloppy touches early on but I'm really optimistic on his season at Everton once he gets games. Saha was good but I don't think he was playing in the right position. Seemed to be too deep for me, though he linked well with Jo and I can see Saha working well with the Yak.

I wasnt that impressed with him tbh. He took both his goals well but looked sloppy in possesion and still has that annoying tendancy to fall over far too easily.

Thought Saha was off the pace as well, still it was only a freindly so I suppose you cant really judge it too harshly

I'm hoping that the USA/Canada tour will be the making of Jo for us. I wasn't impressed with Jo's attitude last season but an away from home tour should help him bond with the squad more and get an idea of what our team and Moyes is about.

The American tour has always been a success and I think it should have a huge benefit for him, it would be nice to see another new name or 2 to take in the tour as well though.

MLS Allstars squad...

MLS All-Stars:

Goalkeeper: Kasey Keller (Seattle Sounders FC), Pat Onstad (Houston Dynamo)

Defenders: Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Wilman Conde (Chicago Fire), Jhon Kennedy Hurtado (Seattle Sounders FC), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew)

Midfielders: Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Cuauhtémoc Blanco (Chicago Fire), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Shalrie Joseph (New England Revolution), Freddie Ljungberg (Seattle Sounders FC), Javier Morales (Real Salt Lake)

Forwards: Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Fredy Montero (Seattle Sounders FC)

....few decent players in there....but why no Beckham?