10th July: Bury

12th July: Asante Kotoko Cancelled

18th July: Rochdale

26th July: River Plate

30th July: Major League Soccer All-Stars

2nd August: Coventry City

4th August: Blackpool

7th August: Malaga

With Everton officially announcing that they will play River Plate pre-season I thought that we should have a thread to discuss these matchday games. Our team could be made up of players that we have now, or we could see some new faces. The game against the Argentinians is one that will prove a healthy challange and Phil Neville is already looking foreward to the event. Let's hope we can have a good pre-season smile.gif

Phil says:

"Everyone who knows football knows about River Plate," he said. "I am really looking forward to the match and it will, of course, be a very tough test for us at that stage of our pre-season preparation. Any games between English and Argentinean teams will be good ones and although this is a friendly for both of us, I'm sure it will be keenly contested."

Ghana Off

Everton's proposed 2009/10 pre-season trip to Ghana will now not take place. The Club had been invited to travel to the West African territory for the first time to play in an exhibition game against Asante Kotoko on Sunday, 12 July. However, the Club has been informed that opposition would not now be available after the Ghana FA scheduled a domestic cup competition that clashed with the confirmed date. This means that Asante Kotoko will not be available to play in the game at the Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton should come to Australia and play Melbourne Victory in a friendly. Never seen Everton play and flying to England isn't an option right now. Also i would love to see Australia play England in a friendly. Any1 agree?

Edited by kurt321

If we were to bring a foreign club to Goodison I would vote for Bayern Munich. I was at THAT game and it was fantastic. It would be nice to do it again, even in a friendly.

Other foreign teams that would be good to see at Goodison.....

Boca Juniors

Barca

Inter Milan.

Just a few names from my own ideas. I am sure some of them would be pleased to warm up against us for European football. It would do us good too.

Asante Kotoko is the biggest and most successful football (soccer) club in Ghana as well as being one of the more successful sides in Africa, having won twenty one national league titles. They have also twice been champions of Africa. The club's home ground is the 51,500 all-seater Kumasi Sports Stadium. The full name of the club is Nsuhia Kumasi Asante Kotoko.

The next game that Everton will play is against Asante Kotoko, a team from Ghana. I don't know about tickets for this game but they should be up on the official site soon. It will be good to see how the team copes with the heat and gets a result against these champions. :)

Thoughts?

The next game that Everton will play is against Asante Kotoko, a team from Ghana. I don't know about tickets for this game but they should be up on the official site soon. It will be good to see how the team copes with the heat and gets a result against these champions. :)

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if the climate is similar to South Africa's but if it is then heat won't be a problem. Its actually very clemment this time of year in South Africa. In fact this time last year it snowed in Johanesburg.

I remember this game well, from the time that Coventry were in the Premiership. I think that Craig Bellemy was on their books then before moving onto West Ham United, here is shows how the game was won and how Coventry's goal was a penalty from Lee Carsley ;)

That season, Everton won 3-1 at their old Highfield Road home, with Scott Gemmill, Danny Cadamarteri and Kevin Campbell on the scoresheet. Coventry's reply was a penalty from a certain Lee Carsley.

The game is going to be the testimonial of veteran Marcus Hall.

• 2 weeks later...

On both the OS and EvertonTV websites they are saying they have "Live Commentary"

Teams:

Bury: 1. Wayne Brown, 2. Paul Scott, 3. David Buchanan, 4. Simon Johnson, 5. Ben Futcher, 6. Ryan Cresswell, 7. Stephen Dawson, 8. Richie Baker, 10. Andy Bishop, 12. Danny Racchi, 15. Ryan Lowe

Substitutes: 9. Danny Carlton, 11. Brian Barry-Murphy, 14. Michael Jones, 16. Efetobore Sodje, 17. Gary Frewen, 18. Paul Innes, 19. Dean Stott, 20. Cameron Belford, 21. Domaine Rouse, 23. Bryon Webster

Everton: 1. Carlo Nash, 2. Seamus Coleman, 3. Leighton Baines, 4. Shane Duffy, 5. James McCarten, 6. James Wallace, 7. Jose Baxter, 8. Phil Neville, 9. Louis Saha, 10. James Vaughan, 11. Dan Gosling

Substitutes: 12. Iain Turner, 14. Jo, 15. Lukas Jutkiewicz, 16. Kieran Agard, 17. Anton Peterlin, 18. Tony Hibbert, 19. Hope Akpan, 20. Shkodran Mustafi, 21. Leon Osman

Edited by Grarghsies