IGNORED

Steven Defour

bad news from the daily post

Defour deal touted

Liverpool could pip a host of rivals to sign Steven Defour.

The Standard Liege midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to England in recent months, with Arsenal, Aston Villa and Everton all said to be interested.

However, it is believed Rafael Benitez wants to take the 21-year-old playmaker, who already has 20 caps for Belgium, in a deal which could cost as much as £15million.

bad news from the daily post

Defour deal touted

Liverpool could pip a host of rivals to sign Steven Defour.

The Standard Liege midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to England in recent months, with Arsenal, Aston Villa and Everton all said to be interested.

However, it is believed Rafael Benitez wants to take the 21-year-old playmaker, who already has 20 caps for Belgium, in a deal which could cost as much as £15million.

I'm not buying into this. He's staying in Liege next season to play CL.

pff english football has way to many rumours. :blink:

Does the average english footballfan enjoys the summer? I can imagine the number of nervous breakdowns skyrocketing in august- september :)

I'm not buying into this. He's staying in Liege next season to play CL.

pff english football has way to many rumours. :blink:

Does the average english footballfan enjoys the summer? I can imagine the number of nervous breakdowns skyrocketing in august- september :)

I think he'd rather play CL with Liverpool than with Standard tbh :).

He would definitely start ahead of that douche Mascherano so he doesn't need to worry about playing time.

Hope to God the rumor isn't true though.

He would definitely start ahead of that douche Mascherano so he doesn't need to worry about playing time.

Mascherano is a damn good player. His agent has apparently held talks with Barca though.

I'm not too sure about that. And mascherano is way more defensive than defour. Defour will have to compete with Gerrard and X. alonso.

he's not playing in that team (Yet)

hmm I'm feeling quite confident that he does, but we probably won't find out seeing how benitez said he only would go after defour if he feared alonso might be on his way to Real Madrid.

If he's that good then we should be talking £20-30m price bracket! At £12m he's a bargain if he's better than gerrard, alonso or mascherano.

If he's that good then we should be talking £20-30m price bracket! At £12m he's a bargain if he's better than gerrard, alonso or mascherano.

lol who ever said that?

Mascherano : yes .. what's so good about him? Doesn't have a decent long ball, -never- scores a goal, is short enough to rarely win a header .. all he does well is positional play and ball recuperation ..

I can't believe you would put Mascherano in the 20-30m price bracket..

lol who ever said that?

Mascherano : yes .. what's so good about him? Doesn't have a decent long ball, -never- scores a goal, is short enough to rarely win a header .. all he does well is positional play and ball recuperation ..

He is a defensive midfielder, they have xabi alonso and Gerrard for that.

lol who ever said that?

mascherano is one of the best in the world at what he does. he isnt the argentina captain for nothing.

scoring goals isnt his job, and he doesnt need a long ball as liverpool dont use him in that way.

all i seem to see at the moment is names cropping up, then either the player or agent coming out saying no bids have been placed, or that a bid has been rejected... but i suppose its early days, if thats teh amount everton need to table (£12m+) then thats the blues out of the running for him

all i seem to see at the moment is names cropping up, then either the player or agent coming out saying no bids have been placed, or that a bid has been rejected... but i suppose its early days, if thats teh amount everton need to table (£12m+) then thats the blues out of the running for him

Its generally called paper talk.......you get a lot of it this time of the season....... It doesnt mean were shite..... dont worry about it we've got ages yet.....

Edited by DangerMouse

How do we know they definatly made a bid I think 12.5 seems a very healthy offer for them. My only worry is have we set the bench mark by paying 15 mil for felli

Thats what Liege will be thinkin. Defour was rated better than Felli by Liege, so surely they want more? <_<

Its generally called paper talk.......you get a lot of it this time of the season....... It doesnt mean were shite..... dont worry about it we've got ages yet.....

yeah, i suppose your right, i get slightly carried away, when i see teams making signings, and still there is no news from us, does my head in at times... although we are looking to sort jacobsens contract out!! <_<

can someone please confirm it was us that made the bid!!! I would hope if it is us we will go back with a batter offer. I assume our relations with liege will be good after the felli deal went through.

I just did? :huh:

i could have gotten you a dozen larticles in dutch

do you want someone to go over his place and take him to your house and make him confirm the bid?

I heard he had to cost 15 mln euro (approx. 12.5 mln pounds?)

So the offer Everton made was less than the 12.5 they wanted.

I don't follow the Belgium competition that well but as far as I know I would get Dembele for that amount of money.