IGNORED

Rasmus Elm

According to tonights Echo Everton havent even decided wether or not to bid for him

"Sweden international Rasmus Elm is on Moyes’ list of possible targets but no definitive decision has been reached about negotiating a deal with his club Kalmar"

ere we go again

Sup, just a unbiased comment from a Swede, Rasmus Elm sure is a good player no doubt but he wont have much to do in EPL. We aint talking about a starting man, or even one for the bench. Since the pace in Allsvenskan is pretty slow he gets alot of time, and can easily defend himself and the ball. When he met one experienced midfielder he got eradicated from the field, he just doesnt have the skill atm to play in EPL in one of the best teams..

If you sign him for the youth team and for him to learn for a couple of years, then you made a great buy as his value will rocket up. But at this very moment the move from Allsvenskan to EPL is far to great, he will get screened away and most likley drop alot of balls due to hard pressure.

Sup, just a unbiased comment from a Swede, Rasmus Elm sure is a good player no doubt but he wont have much to do in EPL. We aint talking about a starting man, or even one for the bench. Since the pace in Allsvenskan is pretty slow he gets alot of time, and can easily defend himself and the ball. When he met one experienced midfielder he got eradicated from the field, he just doesnt have the skill atm to play in EPL in one of the best teams..

If you sign him for the youth team and for him to learn for a couple of years, then you made a great buy as his value will rocket up. But at this very moment the move from Allsvenskan to EPL is far to great, he will get screened away and most likley drop alot of balls due to hard pressure.

Well, a lot of players from Allsvenskan have succeded from the start in EPL. Freddie Ljungberg and Anders Svensson as examples. The step is big but not that big for a a guy starting in the national team. Remember that Kalmar did beat Feyenoord (away in Holland) in the UEFA cup last year (where Rasmus Elm did a beautiful assist to the only goal). Should that mean that the dutch league and the Allsvenskan would be equally bad then ?

Well, a lot of players from Allsvenskan have succeded from the start in EPL. Freddie Ljungberg and Anders Svensson as examples. The step is big but not that big for a a guy starting in the national team. Remember that Kalmar did beat Feyenoord (away in Holland) in the UEFA cup last year (where Rasmus Elm did a beautiful assist to the only goal). Should that mean that the dutch league and the Allsvenskan would be equally bad then ?

Dutch teams are prolly the best opponents for most lower rated teams, they are quite bad in Euro cups because they lack the defensive mentality that is required. Its a very offensive and open league that Holland has, and that usualy gets punished by teams that play low and waits for the opportune moment. It means nothing really, also the play in EPL is alot more physical. Now i wouldnt mind if Elm did manage EPL, but lets say thats about 15% chance. He needs a great start and gain 8-10 pounds..

unbiased...

That might be the worst piece of junk-writing i have ever seen on any forum on the world wide internet up to date. I had to create an account on the forum just so that wont stand unanswered.

I dont even know where to start... Well, why not start with the fact that theres recently been an under 21-european championchip where I myself attended two games, Serbia-Sweden and England-Germany and watched almost all of the other games that were played. And Rasmus Elm was arguably top 5 in that championchip. By my standars, by the journalists standards and any other sane person who watched it. He outplayed players like walcott, tosic, balotelli, noble etc.

If thats not good enough for you, is playing regularly with Swedens national squad enough? He´s not a squad player, he is a regular at 21 years of age. And that in a squad that usually wont let players in before they turn 25-26.

And obviously, his deeds in the Swedish allsvenska isnt good enough for you, but that should at least be a little extra confirmation for anyone that wants to know if Elm is good enough for Everton.

Which he is.

unbiased...

That might be the worst piece of junk-writing i have ever seen on any forum on the world wide internet up to date. I had to create an account on the forum just so that wont stand unanswered.

I dont even know where to start... Well, why not start with the fact that theres recently been an under 21-european championchip where I myself attended two games, Serbia-Sweden and England-Germany and watched almost all of the other games that were played. And Rasmus Elm was arguably top 5 in that championchip. By my standars, by the journalists standards and any other sane person who watched it. He outplayed players like walcott, tosic, balotelli, noble etc.

If thats not good enough for you, is playing regularly with Swedens national squad enough? He´s not a squad player, he is a regular at 21 years of age. And that in a squad that usually wont let players in before they turn 25-26.

And obviously, his deeds in the Swedish allsvenska isnt good enough for you, but that should at least be a little extra confirmation for anyone that wants to know if Elm is good enough for Everton.

Which he is.

Yes, him and the Swedish team were brilliant in the U-21, i saw this great kid in Gothia cup aswell. He has a bright future, that doesnt mean he will be a starter in one of the top 5 teams in EPL, I am sure he will be someday but not now. Lets say in 2-3 years he will be ready for EPL for a entire season, 5£ is a bargain and he is a man for the future indeed. But he wont do much difference if any this season.

I think you can get away without any particular pace as long as you have the strength to hold up the ball. And at his height I think we could definitely bulk him up.

I want this deal a whole lot more than I did the Naughton one :lol:

Edited by Grarghsies

watched most of the game 2day, and he looked good, the commentators wouldnt shut up about him. his passing and vision was very good, a good throw and also puts in a good ball, he's tall as well which would help our midfield imo. played on the left, and probs is alot better on the right, he was still the best player on the pitch by a mile thou. btw he scored a well taken penalty aswell as a lofted ball which misled the keeper and ended up goin in.

watched most of the game 2day, and he looked good, the commentators wouldnt shut up about him. his passing and vision was very good, a good throw and also puts in a good ball, he's tall as well which would help our midfield imo. played on the left, and probs is alot better on the right, he was still the best player on the pitch by a mile thou. btw he scored a well taken penalty aswell as a lofted ball which misled the keeper and ended up goin in.

papers were calling him the Swedish delap, is his throw that good?