IGNORED

Rasmus Elm

Ajax arn't the club they were 10 years ago, an the dutch league really gone downhill, thi kn we would win against Ajax

but they have a perfect reputatuion when it comes to handling young players and beeing the perfect stepping stone to the top.

If he wants to do it step by step, i think Ajax have a very good chance of signing him

but they have a perfect reputatuion when it comes to handling young players and beeing the perfect stepping stone to the top.

If he wants to do it step by step, i think Ajax have a very good chance of signing him

As I am a big Kalmar FF fan and have been following Rasmus for some time now I can add that the Dutch league is not good enough for Rasmus. I'd say Premier League or Spain is what he would aim for. I doubt Holland is even considered by Rasmus.

He is probably the biggest talent that has come out of Sweden since Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He might not be quickest on the pitch and will need more strength, but he is still young and he always somehow manages to create time for himself in almost any situation. He's got a fantastic right foot and a very long throw.

Looking at his development ever since he dominated the midfiled against FC Copenhagen in December 2005, he is a right bargain at £5 million. Even though he will receive a big share of the transfer sum, this guy will probably look more at which club suits him best and where he can grow even better.

If you haven't seen this already, some of the goals he has scored. His passing foot is even better.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9y8g4aZHF0

Thank you for that Frederik and welcome to the forum. Hope you stay around a bit and enjoy the place.

(We have just had it redecorated so excuse the smell of paint... it masks the smell of old training shoes apparently) :lol:

Rasmus Elm looks pretty good in video, but anyone can put a video together, it is good to have opinions from someone 'in the know' as it were.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5444762,00.html

So we all know he visited us, but at least it's on sky sports now, and they say that we are in 'Pole Position' so sign him.

''Everton are in pole position to sign Swedish star Rasmus Elm after he visited the club, skysports.com understands.''

:D

Edited by EFC247

So we all know he visited us, but at least it's on sky sports now, and they say that we are in 'Pole Position' so sign him.

''Everton are in pole position to sign Swedish star Rasmus Elm after he visited the club, skysports.com understands.''

Bugger I hate it when that happens because that normally means the deal is dead in the water!

lets just see what happens because everyone knows now if they offer more money they will get our targets, I hate the way this club is run throughout the summer.

its not the way were run mate, we need to face sum facts in that the club is run on a small budget in premier league terms.. Its been said countless times on the forum, a team can offer 0.5 - 1m more and moyes knows he can not then compete with that team, then theres always our wage cap, which every team should use, but there ya go lol

Edited by craigb

wernt we in 'Pole Position' to sign Naughton not that long ago lol

Thank you for that Frederik and welcome to the forum. Hope you stay around a bit and enjoy the place.

(We have just had it redecorated so excuse the smell of paint... it masks the smell of old training shoes apparently) :lol:

Rasmus Elm looks pretty good in video, but anyone can put a video together, it is good to have opinions from someone 'in the know' as it were.

Thank you for that Rubecula! The forum looks alright in all its redecorated glory.....!!! Rasmus Elm is one of my favourite players ever so I will keep a close watch on his whereabouts.

In case you'll sign him, you will see a massive team player to start with. As he will gain confidence and grow within the team, you'll see talent as big as anyone. The money will not talk (although it is important as it is for anyone...) in his case. It will be decided on where he will get the best chances to develop as football player.

Thank you for that Rubecula! The forum looks alright in all its redecorated glory.....!!! Rasmus Elm is one of my favourite players ever so I will keep a close watch on his whereabouts.

In case you'll sign him, you will see a massive team player to start with. As he will gain confidence and grow within the team, you'll see talent as big as anyone. The money will not talk (although it is important as it is for anyone...) in his case. It will be decided on where he will get the best chances to develop as football player.

So where would you like to see him play next season if he moves - as an outsider, do you think EFC would be his best option?

Also, if you could compare him to anyone past/present-who would you say?

Cheers (& welcome).

So where would you like to see him play next season if he moves - as an outsider, do you think EFC would be his best option?

Also, if you could compare him to anyone past/present-who would you say?

Cheers (& welcome).

I'd very much like to see him in the Premiership. If that is not to be I guess Spain would suit him best. Someone mentioned that EFC doesn't sign the biggest names. Still Everton builds a solid team, which I believe will appeal to Rasmus.

Difficult one for me to compare him with others but his distinguishing qualities with free kicks, passing and his shot would tell me Beckham. Then he has got such an eye for the game and will really do the hard work quietly. Within the U-21 Swedish squad he was rated as the best player technically and tactically.

We have our return leg tomorrow against Debrecen in CL qualifying, which will be on Eurosport2. Not 100% sure though if that is also shown in UK....?

I'd very much like to see him in the Premiership. If that is not to be I guess Spain would suit him best. Someone mentioned that EFC doesn't sign the biggest names. Still Everton builds a solid team, which I believe will appeal to Rasmus.

Difficult one for me to compare him with others but his distinguishing qualities with free kicks, passing and his shot would tell me Beckham. Then he has got such an eye for the game and will really do the hard work quietly. Within the U-21 Swedish squad he was rated as the best player technically and tactically.

We have our return leg tomorrow against Debrecen in CL qualifying, which will be on Eurosport2. Not 100% sure though if that is also shown in UK....?

Hmmmm a bit dissapointing that he wont be eligible to play in Europa League if we do sign him

Hmmmm a bit dissapointing that he wont be eligible to play in Europa League if we do sign him

Good spot, but does the rule of qualifying for CL (a seperate competition) not count for Europa? i got the impression if you play for qualifiers in a seperately named comp, you are allegible to play in another? as its not classed as the full-competition? i maybe wrong?

Good spot, but does the rule of qualifying for CL (a seperate competition) not count for Europa? i got the impression if you play for qualifiers in a seperately named comp, you are allegible to play in another? as its not classed as the full-competition? i maybe wrong?

[/quote

Fellaini wasnt allowed to play in UEFA Cup for us last year until the 2nd stage in January because he played against the Shite in CL qualifier for Standard Liege so Im presuming its going to be the same rule for the Europa League

RTE (Irish state broadcaster) had us as "set to sign" last night. Bear in mind they only have 10 teletext pages for soccer and they rarely put things up without them being either confirmed or very likely.

Take from that what you will :P