IGNORED

Rasmus Elm

im trying not to be negative but FFS, probably another one of our targets gone.

what pisses me right off, I remember kenright saying at the end of last season, " moyes will be backed in the transfer market " he isnt being backed unless the money is there and moyes cant persuade anyone to join who is to a decent enough standard.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Oh well, there is the end of our chances of signing him...red shite are now linked:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5449741,00.html

Probably why he is stalling.

yeah i noticed that, also valencia interested, he has probably been advised to hold on, as they knew other teams would become interested.. why didnt we make our minds up, if we wanted him that much, meet the clubs valuation etc, why take a promosing player to your training ground, then leave it a week or so without even getting putting a bid in, now other teams are alert to this player since our interest has became apparent. Im not even going to go on, because it frustrates me

I really cant be arsed to ponder what goes on behind closed doors at Goodison anymore but considering our league finish and we are in Europe its a joke that we have not brought in any decent players so far, The lad still may come but the more teams that get involved which seems now to be the case the less likely it will be us he comes to starting to get fucked off now!

Edited by EFC-Paul

I really cant be arsed to ponder what goes on behind closed doors at Goodison anymore but considering our league finish and we are in Europe its a joke that we have not brought in any decent players so far, The lad still may come but the more teams that get involved which seems now to be the case the less likely it will be us he comes to starting to get fucked off now!

lol Dont you mean if ANY OTHER team becomes involved we wont get him?

im trying not to be negative but FFS, probably another one of our targets gone.

what pisses me right off, I remember kenright saying at the end of last season, " moyes will be backed in the transfer market " he isnt being backed unless the money is there and moyes cant persuade anyone to join who is to a decent enough standard.

Moyes moves for a player and then other clubs become alerted who have been watching him for some time, they then have to make a move. We probably tried to sign Rasmus Elm a few days ago but he and the club are holding on until they see what else materialises in terms of bids and clubs interested, you can't blame anyone for that - the guy isn't just going to jump at signing for Everton if he knows the likes of Liverpool have been watching him. He's taking his time, it's frustrating for everyone but let's just hope it still comes off.

From Swedish News24 today: "A source within Everton reveals that David Moyes still hesitates about signing Rasmus Elm. He has still not decided whether he wants Elm or not since he doesn't want to spend any larger amount of money on him. Apparently he sees Elm as an emergency solution when there is not enough money for real transfers".

If this is correct I can understand if Elm hesitates. Who wants to move if You are not 100% wanted ?

Why are we letting ourselves be held to ransom (If this is true) over this kid. Simple process we get a bid accpeted we tell him our contract offer and we give him a deadline if he doesn't sign by the deadline we move on.

This is why we have to plan our targets and have atleast 3 people lined up working on the basis that some of them fail.

I can't understand Moyes' stance on this if the Swedish news item proves to be correct. By all accounts this lad is very good, we need players who are capable of pushing for a starting place, we're about to start a season that could see us playing over 50 games, possibly no Arteta to start the season and this lad is £3 million!!!! Half of what is asked for Ledley from Cardiff!

It just doesn't make any sense to me. If Moyes is umming and arring like this then we must have no money whatsoever, which is a disgrace.

We've lost Castillo, Valente, VDM (thankfully), no Jags, will possibly lose Joleon yet haven't brought anything in that will challenge for a starting place. We need 4 players just to get us back to the bare bones we had last season, let alone bolster squad numbers.

Same every season, always hang around in the market, waste a pre-season and the friendlies which is the time for new recruits to get to know their team mates and sign players in the last week (day!!) of the window

so what that guy is saying in regards to the swedish news article is that moyes doesnt know whetehr he wants him or not. But didnt they say they had plenty of targets for the summer, wasnt he one of those targets? is he a fresh face theyve just decided to look at on the off chance he could work well at everton. Does that now also mean all his transfer targets he mentioned are now dead in the water? If so thats quite worrying

so what that guy is saying in regards to the swedish news article is that moyes doesnt know whetehr he wants him or not. But didnt they say they had plenty of targets for the summer, wasnt he one of those targets? is he a fresh face theyve just decided to look at on the off chance he could work well at everton. Does that now also mean all his transfer targets he mentioned are now dead in the water? If so thats quite worrying

It kind of tallies with an article in the Daily Post yesterday saying we hadnt decided wether or not to bid for him

Why doesn't DM try to sign Rasmus Elm's older (24) brother Viktor Elm? He is also a Swedish international player. Very high quality. Equal good with both feets. Can play all over the midfield or forward. He is right know playing for Heerenveen in the Dutch league and made a huge success during his first season. He scored 15 goals his last season with kalmar and about 10 goals during his first season with Heerenveen. Wouldn't be that expensive to sign.