IGNORED

Rasmus Elm

Fulham and the undisclosed other EPL club (likely Everton?) were left out as they couldn't/wouldn't guarantee him regular first team football, something that he apparently will be at Alkmaar according to Aftonbladet..

That's completely ridiculous.

No club in their right mind would guarantee any player first team football.

It'd (rightly) alienate every other squad member and I can't believe any player would ever ask for it.

I just dont get it. Alkmaar payed over 4 mil euros for swedish Pontus Wernblom. A regular u21 international not half as talented as Elm, but they are only willing to pay Kalmar 2 mil euros for Elm. They say something about a transfer clause in Elms contract. Which cant be correct as the new contract was negotiated this spring. Long after Elm had his break through in the internatinal team. No club would let him go for 2 mil after that.

Alkmaar say, "we really want him, but wont pay more. I know he might be talking to other clubs but I hope his choice is Alkmaar

Its not over until ginger spice sings.

This whole transfer doesn't make sense he took forever to decide and they keep saying he's going to decide but as from what I have read he hasn't officially came out and said where he want's to go. The signing of this russian dude pretty much ends are interest in Elm and his interest in us. If it wasn't already over before this.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't be surprised if he played a year or 18 months in the Dutch league. As much as anything just to prove he can make the step up from Swedish football and then he can get a much bigger contract when he moves to Germany or England on his next deal.

Could be a good call. Even less than a year possibly :) ?

• 1 year later...

"Lazio are also keen on the £6m-rated star, but Elm says he is "fascinated" by the Premier League and wants to try his hand in England."

I think he just wants to do better than his brother David Elm. David spent a year at Fulham, dont think he got much time in the PL.

Elm played in the international side yesterday against Ukraine. Didnt do much in that game and he has not been on form recently. But hey, the article calls him the teams star player. And he is now worth £6mil. In other words way out of our financial league.

Will probably join Martin Olsson at Blackburn. But that would mean that Blackburn wouldnt be interested in Seb Larsson any more. Seb had a very good game agains Ukraine last night and looks more and more likely to make that right wing his. Free transfer this summer.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4287127/Liverpool-agree-8m-fee-for-Rasmus-Elm.html

Going to the shite apparently. Although his agent denies it according to swedish newspapers.

Again, great scouting by Everton. Shame he didnt sign when he visited the club. Now a regular in the swedish international team. Playing in euros this summer.

Guest blueboy122

Its like the freak show across the park. The gremlin manager for a start. He looks like an orc off lord of the rings.

• 2 months later...

I'd take him, if that was the price....definitely. I think he was poor at the Euro's because of his position, they played him out left, by the looks of the below video, he's playing centrally for AZ and relishing in the creative responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShM4vwsOknc

Also highlight that, in one season he scored directly from a corner...twice. That brother got mad skillz.

He does play in the middle for AZ. He actually played as the one holding midfielder with the other parts of the midfield trio Maarten Martens and Adam Maher clearly in front of him. He played a bit like Arteta did for us in his last seasons when he played deeper then Fellaini. That Swedish coach made a number of questionable decisions to me. He also played Toivonen on the wing, which would never even have entered my mind. He played ibrahimovic at the ten position which I wouldn't have done...