IGNORED

Rasmus Elm

Hmmmm...

"Rasmus Elm ...appears...blah blah blah...linked...blah blah blah...believed...blah blah blah...thought...blah blah blah..."

Not a lot of concrete facts there eh?

Correct! People remember, with Everton it's the hope that kills you! Elm was never coming, it was a PR stunt to buy Kenwright some time. Like you alluded to, we have seen it all before.

Correct! People remember, with Everton it's the hope that kills you! Elm was never coming, it was a PR stunt to buy Kenwright some time. Like you alluded to, we have seen it all before.

What planet our you on........

Lets imagine for a second that were back in the 90's and it was all a BIG PR stunt........Im sure he would be linking us to someone that would get the fans REALLY excited.... not a £2m rated youngsetr from Sweden.....

What planet our you on........

Lets imagine for a second that were back in the 90's and it was all a BIG PR stunt........Im sure he would be linking us to someone that would get the fans REALLY excited.... not a £2m rated youngsetr from Sweden.....

Ok, do you remember Muller the Brazilian from 93 I think? You make a fair point but if you remember the case I'm brought up, you'll see it works both ways.

I can see him elsewhere though. i don't know why, Erdevise or Bundesliga. And it wouldnt suprise me seeing him on ESPN, Bundesliga highlights lol He's going to be a top, top player and i wish all the best to him, i just feel atm, he isnt going to choose us. His decision making period has also cost us because if he had have chosen to join us a few weeks ago, we would have a greater indication as to which positions we need to start prioritising...leading to quicker dealings for them, i would imagin? I think this is dead in the water though.

Aftonbladet, Swedish press reveals that Rasmus Elm has chosen AZ Alkmaar and that the deal will be done in the beginning of next week. The going price will be around 4,5-5 mil euros and is still subject to negotiation.

This after Bayer Leverkusen will retain Tranquilo Barnetta and stating that they don't want Elm until January or as late as next season.

No mention of Everton.. :angry:

I'm a bit disappointed as I think with a season under his belt he'd be a regular in our side. And I still believe he is a great future prospect..

AZ Alkmaar does have CL football to tout, and from what I've read there were no confirmed bids from Everton. And definetely not close to Kalmars valuation of him.

Clown, dutch league over the PL? Mental IMO

oh i dont know. Zlatan ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson, Johan Elmander, Marcus Berg all took that same small first step. They all turned out ok, some better than others.

This proves that the lad had a good think about things. Alkmaar had the lowest wage package, but the promise of first team footy. Good luck to him, we might see him in Everton later.

5 mil euros, i dont think everton were near that offer, otherwise it might have been a different story

Edited by Peter H

Nothing on the AZ site yet. Don't know how reliable Aftonbladet is but it's not an officially done deal as far as I can tell :) .

They aren't completely reliable and seem a bit too impressed with themselves, and likening themselves to the Gazzeta, but they are the paper with the best overall view of Swedish football and transfer news. That doesn't really say much but still.. :D

The article said he's only told them that they are his first choice at the moment and the paper then speculates that he will be ready to sign at the start of the coming week after playing a last game for Kalmar..

Football hapiness = Best league + best team available + (best support and wages)

Why holland?

It's not really that simple though is it. Why should he jump straight into the deep end of Premier League football, which is a huge step up from the Swedish league. He goes to Holland, he gets a next step-up in his career, he gets Champions League football and he also has a very good chance of winning something with AZ, be that the League or a domestic cup. I think that its a great move for him and don't begrudge him anything.

Football hapiness = Best league + best team available + (best support and wages)

Why holland?

At alkmaar he can prove himself in a stronger league then the swedish one, with much less pressure then in the PL, and even play CL.

and his older brother lives in Holland, wich i believe is an advantage that can't be underestimated for a young player.

if I was in his shoes i would do the same probably

Plus, he won't be happy if he fails here and stays on the bench for years or so

Edited by Churinga

At alkmaar he can prove himself in a stronger league then the swedish one, with much less pressure then in the PL, and even play CL.

and his older brother lives in Holland, wich i believe is an advantage that can't be underestimated for a young player.

if I was in his shoes i would do the same probably

Plus, he won't be happy if he fails here and stays on the bench for years or so

I think we are in the same wave length here! Just posted basicaly the exact same thing above