IGNORED

Steven Taylor

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd rather have Steven Taylor than Senderos - his versatility makes him ideal for the type of player Moysey will be after. I suspect though that if he's available, there'll be more than us in for him and just about everyone outside Hull and Stoke seem to have better pulling power right now! Better still - sign both!

well on the same site have a look at the duff link about page 9 i think they are suggesting duff to everton and big vic going there on loan

gazzaA2

Re: SSN: £4m offer received for Damien Duff

« Reply #272 on: Today at 09:43:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everton

Anichebe here on loan

Apparently.

Edited by wakeyblue

I'd take the pair for £12m definitely.

Duff would whip in some ball from the wing, and apart from Taylor nearly cropping Vic last season, I think he's got the potential to be a good player for us.

Lord knows... we need someone, as Sunderland are now being linked with Senderos aswell.

If we can get taylor for around £8-£10 mill I think that would be a great signing, and if we can also get in senderos for around £6mill then sell lescott for £20mill+ I would be a happy man as that is our CB's covered for the season and still have around £4mill left to get elm.

IN

Taylor

Senderos

Elm

OUT

Lescott

To me that would be great business and knowing moyes he would turn all three of them into top premiership players, only issue I have is the timing of it all!! The lescott/senderos/elm transfers should have all been done by now.

taylor imo, is a better centre back than lescott, although j-lo gives you the versatility! taylor can play right back but he is definatly more suited to centre back and can be a strong character on the field.

if we can get taylor in for 8, senderos in for 6 and elm in for 6, and lescott goes for 22, i think thats a fantastic bit of business and i would certainly not loose any sleep over it!

Lescott has been good for us, but he isnt the best and i still feel he let us down for the first goal in the FA cup final!

Edited by Madmatt

Taylor would be an ideal replacement for Lescott, he'll also be good cover at rb. If we can get him for £8m and sell Lescott for £20m (plus incentives - I wish Petrov could be one of those incentives!) then that's good business in my eyes. As for senderos... I wouldn't want him if we get taylor, I'd hope for a rb who could cover across the back to replace hibbo at least then the defence would be sorted! (just a couple of wingers and a def mid and I'm happy!)

Taylor would be an ideal replacement for Lescott, he'll also be good cover at rb. If we can get him for £8m and sell Lescott for £20m (plus incentives - I wish Petrov could be one of those incentives!) then that's good business in my eyes. As for senderos... I wouldn't want him if we get taylor, I'd hope for a rb who could cover across the back to replace hibbo at least then the defence would be sorted! (just a couple of wingers and a def mid and I'm happy!)

Id like to get Taylor & Keep Lescott.....

I'd take the pair for £12m definitely.

Duff would whip in some ball from the wing, and apart from Taylor nearly cropping Vic last season, I think he's got the potential to be a good player for us.

Lord knows... we need someone, as Sunderland are now being linked with Senderos aswell.

It wasnt Taylorit was Nolan that did Vic

I would love Taylor but you can keep Duff he has been useless ever since he left Blackburn

Taylor for £8M would be excellent value

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/14/everton-target-nufc-defender-steven-taylor-72703-24441774/

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

With you all the way on Petrov being part of any Lescott deal, I've always thought he was class - pity they sold Elano, we could have had them both!

I'd be very happy with Taylor, he's got the potential to be a top draw centre back, him and Jags in centre would give you two totally committed, die for the cause defenders - something Lescott isn't for all his qualities. I'm in agreement with other posters, as long as we get someone else in Lescott can go for me, don't want someone who doesn't wanna be here and he's always been prone to mistakes anyway - against Liege at Goodison last year, he gtot spit roasted by their pretty average right winger, all coz he was sulking at having to play left back. World class on his day, but remember the shoddy performances as well!

The only down side with lescott going is we'd need cover at left back as well - in effect, we'd need two defenders to replace him, plus we've wanted a right back all summer. I think that's why Moyes is digging his heels in - and to be fair, he;s got plenty to bargain with. Lescott couldn't afford to stay here and play shit coz he's wants to go to the World Cup next summer. Anyway see how it goes :)

With you all the way on Petrov being part of any Lescott deal, I've always thought he was class - pity they sold Elano, we could have had them both!

I'd be very happy with Taylor, he's got the potential to be a top draw centre back, him and Jags in centre would give you two totally committed, die for the cause defenders - something Lescott isn't for all his qualities. I'm in agreement with other posters, as long as we get someone else in Lescott can go for me, don't want someone who doesn't wanna be here and he's always been prone to mistakes anyway - against Liege at Goodison last year, he gtot spit roasted by their pretty average right winger, all coz he was sulking at having to play left back. World class on his day, but remember the shoddy performances as well!

The only down side with lescott going is we'd need cover at left back as well - in effect, we'd need two defenders to replace him, plus we've wanted a right back all summer. I think that's why Moyes is digging his heels in - and to be fair, he;s got plenty to bargain with. Lescott couldn't afford to stay here and play shit coz he's wants to go to the World Cup next summer. Anyway see how it goes :)

No way he is garbage , he was decent when he first joined City but then started to show his true colours, horrible petulant waste of space. I would rather they throw in a packet of extra strong mints than have him as part of the deal