IGNORED

Steven Taylor

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this being another deal that will drag on and on and then not be mentioned again.

If he's to play against Burnley (if we sign him at all) then he's got to be signed by 12PM today.

We could have 3 new players before the burnley match :rolleyes: (if we believe what we read)... banega subject to appeal, bystrov who's been 'imminent' for the last few days and taylor... we shall see! 1hr 30mins to go!

I think the "personal terms could be a stumbling block" will be a big issue. Everton will offer him less money than he's on at Newcastle, he'll want more, there'll be a stand off and then another club will meet the valuation, meet his personal terms and that will be the end of that.

Hope I'm wrong but that just seems to be the Everton way, live in the dark ages, assume that all players think it is a privelige to play for the club and then get gazumped by other teams.

Would really like to see this lad here, hopefully my reverse psychology will work :lol:

I think the "personal terms could be a stumbling block" will be a big issue. Everton will offer him less money than he's on at Newcastle, he'll want more, there'll be a stand off and then another club will meet the valuation, meet his personal terms and that will be the end of that.

Hope I'm wrong but that just seems to be the Everton way, live in the dark ages, assume that all players think it is a privelige to play for the club and then get gazumped by other teams.

Would really like to see this lad here, hopefully my reverse psychology will work :lol:

I think it is more a case of "assume all players will abide by our wage structure". Sounds reasonable to me.

Correct, but while some fans give their blind support to Kenwright this will not change until the running of the club changes. It's a dangerous strategy, especially when many clubs are willing to go that extra step to sign players ala Naughton and Delph.

Correct, but while some fans give their blind support to Kenwright this will not change until the running of the club changes. It's a dangerous strategy, especially when many clubs are willing to go that extra step to sign players ala Naughton and Delph.

You might change your opinion of the way Kenwright leads our club if you read this article on the BBC website today:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8211531.stm

I'd rather have BK in charge of our club's future than the mob across the park.

I dont think personal terms will cause to many problems as he was reported to have signed a revised deal at Newcastle last year which took his wages from below £10.000 to below the £30.000 mark which for a young and talented player in todays climate is not that bad and im sure we could offer him slightly more or similar. He would be getting Premiership football and if he is realistic on his international career he will need to make the step up again.

I hope we pull this one off as i really rate him and was a player i thought we should go for as soon as they made the drop.

Just been on SSN , Newcastle have confirmed that they have received NO OFFERS for Steven Taylor!

That was from Chris Houghton but personally i don't think the guy has a clue whats going on at Newcastle. Was confirmed yesterday we were in talks, so who knows.

Llambias just playing with words. We can still have a dialogue with him about the numbers required for them to agree to a deal before we put a formal offer in.

Only problem is that both him and Ashley are shady b@stards and wouldn't trust either further than i can piss.

Llambias just playing with words. We can still have a dialogue with him about the numbers required for them to agree to a deal before we put a formal offer in.

Only problem is that both him and Ashley are shady b@stards and wouldn't trust either further than i can piss.

Lol well with only 10 days or so left in the transfer window we need to do a bit more than have dialogue about the numbers required for them to agree a deal!

Beeb wesite reports that Fulham are looking to sign both Taylor and Senderos... seems a bit greedy. Tighten your seat belts lads, this one could go t1ts up along with the others.

Maybe the club should act as an agent for players, we'll get linked with them, offer them minimum wage to get in the papers and then another club comes in and offers them footballers wages, cha ching.

Let's hope beyond hope that Newcastle are prepared to accept what will undoubtedly be a lower offer than Fulham and Taylor isn't interested in London or London wages and wants to come and fight the fight for the Blues?!?!? :blink:

I don't think he's going to leave Newcastle tbh. They're making an announcement on the takeover on Monday and if Ashley is accepting an offer from a consortium who is going to install Shearer as manager Taylor will at least stay there til next summer IMO.

Edited by Romey 1878

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Taylor_(footballer)

You can never trust Wiki but for your interest please see link.

'2009-10

Taylor looks set to have played his last game for Newcaslte Utd in their 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace after a bright start to the season. English club Everton F.C are set to sign the defender after a £6million pound offer was accepted. Taylor is expected to visit Everton officials and agree a 5 year deal.'

I hope this is true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Taylor_(footballer)

You can never trust Wiki but for your interest please see link.

'2009-10

Taylor looks set to have played his last game for Newcaslte Utd in their 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace after a bright start to the season. English club Everton F.C are set to sign the defender after a £6million pound offer was accepted. Taylor is expected to visit Everton officials and agree a 5 year deal.'

I hope this is true

Nah it isn't true. should have seen Wiki with the Russian bloke Vladmir Bystrov, it said he was subbed for being tipsy and his best mate was on The Skies are Grey. So wouldn't take Wiki seriously if I were you.