IGNORED

Steven Taylor

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do actually. I know people have their reservations because neither one of them is all that tall for a CB but I've not actually seen them get bullied in the air very often. And I think the combination of Johnny's composure and quality on the ball and Jags' willingness to throw himself infront of anything is a good one.

I hope you're right - they are 2 of my favourite players in my life-time, mainly due to their attitudes and passion shown on the pitch. To have them as a partnership that works would be quality - with fellaini and arteta forming a similar partnership ahead of them! - class!

centre mid for me..it's nice to have the headache of playing either johnny or felli both of whom are class at the DM job! i agree with romey though he looked his worse at RB although he didn't look great as a DM early in the season when he was settling in but who knows...i'd rather coleman got the shout at RB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

for 60k a week though? if that's true then no chance

They don't actually say he wants £60k...

"The proposal was thought to be in the region of £40,000-a-week, while Taylor's representatives wanted something closer to £60,000."

£40,000.05 maybe? That's closer to £60k than £40k is and probably manageable :P .

They don't actually say he wants £60k...

"The proposal was thought to be in the region of £40,000-a-week, while Taylor's representatives wanted something closer to £60,000."

£40,000.05 maybe? That's closer to £60k than £40k is and probably manageable :P .

Your maths are terrible Mike! lol. £50,000.05 would be closer to £60K than £40K ;)

This story has some similarities to Pienaar with both having 1 year left on their contracts. The big difference here is it shows we do have some ambition in not needing to cash in on Pienaar (convince him to stay with European football), where as Taylor knows Newcastle don't have the ability ambition to qualify for Europe.

I would take Taylor in a heartbeat, but would he actually get a game with Jags & Heitinga in defence?

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

This story has some similarities to Pienaar with both having 1 year left on their contracts. The big difference here is it shows we do have some ambition in not needing to cash in on Pienaar (convince him to stay with European football), where as Taylor knows Newcastle don't have the ability ambition to qualify for Europe.

I would take Taylor in a heartbeat, but would he actually get a game with Jags & Heitinga in defence?

Thats if davey ever gets round to playing them together :angry:

I dont think we need him so unless its a straight swap for Yobo I would rather we blew Bills £50 in gift vouchers on a RW

:D :D

agree with the serious part too! Only problem will be wages, if he is asking for 60k at the barcodes hes got no chance here!

Agreed, he needs to realise that Newcastle arn't going to do anything in the Premier League. They never have and never will, the Championship was their first trophy in ages and that's not one to be that proud of. Come to us Taylor and we'll guarentee you European football next year.

Agreed, he needs to realise that Newcastle arn't going to do anything in the Premier League. They never have and never will, the Championship was their first trophy in ages and that's not one to be that proud of. Come to us Taylor and we'll guarentee you European football next year.

Lol We cant even guarantee him first team football!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...